The Student Room Group

Few questions about St Martins

I've got a portfolio review soon, and I wanted to ask a few questions regarding it:

1. How many pieces of work are they expecting? I've got about 20-25 A1 sheets and some sketchbooks.
2. How many sketchbooks should I take? I have various different books to showcase my work; like a school coursework sketchbook, a sketchbook of drawings I did in hospital, and a sketchbook filled with stills from my film work.
3. Does each piece need a label?

Thanks!
Reply 1
Original post by Imamomobird
I've got a portfolio review soon, and I wanted to ask a few questions regarding it:

1. How many pieces of work are they expecting? I've got about 20-25 A1 sheets and some sketchbooks.
2. How many sketchbooks should I take? I have various different books to showcase my work; like a school coursework sketchbook, a sketchbook of drawings I did in hospital, and a sketchbook filled with stills from my film work.
3. Does each piece need a label?

Thanks!

For what subject?
For a foundation course :smile:
Reply 3
although i am not doing a foundation, from my knowledge (sister did foundation there :smile: ) do yourself ALOT of favour by bringing as much as you can with you. of course bring ur best work but tutors will also be viewing your concept of thinking as well as drawing skills. it is best to bring your recent work although they will welcome anything. the more work, the more it shows that you have passion :smile:

for your a1 sheets i would say you dont really need captions on them (dont know if you were intending to add them anyway lol) but your work should speak for itself :smile: and yes label EVERYTHING

hope this helps ^^'
Ah okay, cheers :smile:

I'm confused about the second bit.. they don't need a caption, but they need a label? If it's not a caption what should the label say? o.o
Reply 5
u can add a caption to a piece of work to describe wat it is or possibly some words of inspiration (somewhere along the lines) or your thoughts about it
n sry i got you confused, label your name on it aha
Oh! Haha Oh I forgot about that.. i figured if it's all in the folder it wouldn't get lost. I guess I should name everything!
Reply 7
yup :smile: appreciate that you can bring loads with you for your portfolio review, im applying straight for a degree so im only allowed to submit 10 a4 pages of work to start with :frown:
Wow.. that would be pretty hard O_O Good luck, what course are you applying to>
Reply 9
BA product design, the mini portfolio deadline was last week so i assume they are going through it... i hope lol... lets all wish for the best :smile:
Ah right! I hope you get in! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest