The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Scroll to see replies

Original post by .snowflake.
I don't have problems with boys, they're alright. It's just dad's heard horror stories about boys forcing girls to cook for them etc.

food rape?
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Original post by isitinyet?
food rape?

dunno.
Reply 82
Original post by donotworry
I've got an unconditional too and have been randomly reading that unconditionals get allocated 1st, hope so :P! I read somewhere that unconditionals will be told in July and conditionals shall be told after their results :smile:

That's exactly what I read! Hopefully that means it's more likely to be the case :tongue:

... Actually, I've just done a bit of digging around on the Sheffield website and it says right here that unconditionals get allocated first in July. hurray!
Firmed Sheffield Endcliffe self-catered yesterday :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Can't wait just have to work hard now !
Reply 84
Have people put location or type of room as their priority when applying? To get endcliffe would it be better to prioritise the location?
Reply 85
Original post by BSc.Pro.Logic
Firmed Sheffield Endcliffe self-catered yesterday :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Can't wait just have to work hard now !

I'm doing that now! What did you put as your priority, location or type of room?
Original post by juliewho
You can also pick mixed gender, if you don't want to be with all boys. You can always meet up with girls in other places, too :tongue:

other places? :sexface:
Reply 87
Alright guys! Just a quick post from a University of Sheffield student!

I don't mean to spam, but if any of you have questions about anything to do with the university, please check out the link below and ask me anything, I'll do my best to answer it for you!

(Last year, I had so many questions and nowhere to ask them, so I've created this for you all). :smile:
Sorry to spam once again, good luck during your exams, and enjoy the weather! :smile:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1876422
Original post by BeckyD
I'm doing that now! What did you put as your priority, location or type of room?

I put location as I definitely want to go to Endcliffe. Don't mind if they make me pay a little extra for an en-suite, will like it either way! :biggrin:
Reply 89
I put location as I definitely want to go to Endcliffe. Don't mind if they make me pay a little extra for an en-suite, will like it either way! :biggrin:

Oh damn! Don't say that, i just put down en-suite over location! :/
Original post by BeckyD
Oh damn! Don't say that, i just put down en-suite over location! :/

Endcliffe has alooooooooooot of en-suite rooms so if you put Endcliffe as your location choice you will still have a great chance at getting there! Also don't know if it makes a huge difference but we applied kinda early so that should help too! :smile:
Reply 91
Endcliffe has alooooooooooot of en-suite rooms so if you put Endcliffe as your location choice you will still have a great chance at getting there! Also don't know if it makes a huge difference but we applied kinda early so that should help too! :smile:

actually, it doesn't matter if you apply early or just before the deadline.
Firmed Sheffield for Medicine :smile:
Applied for Studio at Ranmoor with location being my priority.
In other words, I'm either getting the singles' studio OR an en-suite :biggrin:

Does anyone know how they actually choose who gets what accommodation?
Original post by ohdrama
actually, it doesn't matter if you apply early or just before the deadline.

Aww right. No biggie, still glad I got it out of the way.
Reply 94
Aww right. No biggie, still glad I got it out of the way.

yeah, me too! so let's just hope for the best. endcliffe en-suites ftw. :tongue:
Reply 95
anyone firmed economics ?
Reply 96
Just firmed for Biology 4 years with year abroad! :biggrin: YAY!
And applied for endcliffe ensuite self catered, priority room type. Im hoping for a big flat with loads of awesome people basically! :biggrin:
Reply 97
I'm firming Sheffield for architecture :smile:

So excited!! Better still, my birthday is going to be during freshers!:biggrin:
Original post by Jlrxx
I'm firming Sheffield for architecture :smile:

So excited!! Better still, my birthday is going to be during freshers!:biggrin:

Firmed for Architecture too! :smile:
Can't wait, just need to make sure I get the 3As now..
Whens the accommodation deadline?

Latest