The Student Room Group

St. Andrews/Bath/York

I have applied for St. Andrews, Bath and York, to study International Business at Masters level. I have received offers with conditionals of 2.1 from York and St.Andrews, still waiting on Bath though.

I applied to York as a back up, I prefer the structure of the course at St. Andrews since it covers investments as well as marketing, however the only thing I was concerned about is the job opportunities, I have visited St. Andrews during their postgrad open day and know that there are not many job opportunities. The question I have is that does anyone know if it is difficult to get a job graduating from a university in such a remote area, since a lot of people say most of the jobs are located down in south??

Also judging by Bath's website it looks like they are well connected to big multinationals.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.
I've applied for both bath and st andrews and have recieved and offer for bath still to hear from st andrews (although this is the second time i've applied to the uni).

I wouldn't say st andrews isn't connected, certainly it isn't a big place but both edinburgh and glasgow are within a easy drive/train ride, and there certainly isn't a lack of opportunity in both these cities. Also it's st andrews, one of the oldest unis in the world so it's safe to assume they are pretty well connected to jobs/industry.
I applied for both St Andrews (still to hear) and York (conditional offer) and would be choosing St Andrew's over York if I (unlikely) received an offer from them. I genuinely think that all three that you mentioned would have excellent job opportunities that would be almost equal, so if you like the course the best at St As then you should go for that.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 3
Thanks for the advice guys, what is it that you have applied for? International Business as well??
Physics for st andrews and electronic and electrical engineering for bath.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending