Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

does anybody smoke cigars and if so what's your favourite ? :)

Announcements Posted on
Got a question about Student Finance? Ask the experts this week on TSR! 14-09-2014
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    says it all in the title really, whats your favourite cigar [if you smoke them] and why? do you smoke them on special occasions or daily?
    my 3 personal favourites are the davidoff 2000, fuente fuente opus x and the dunhill signed range although one is also partial to the occasional romeo y julietta
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Cubans all the way for me, Siglo VIs are my favorite and have had Montecristo Edmundos once or twice and enjoyed them.

Only smoke them on special occasions, would smoke them daily but they are a nightmare to import and for some reason the UK based sellers products always seem to have a lesser taste.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darth Stewie)
    x
    (Original post by cl_steele)
    x
    What would either of you recommend for a first smoke? Im sure certain tobacconists have specific brands and a wide variety, but for those who would buy a cigar at a regular tobacco counter in a shop?
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    I don't smoke, but I wold try a Bill Clinton special if one was offered to me.
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    Honestly, I'm not sure which brand they were, but I bought a box of 10 Cubans in Holland, and they were superb, although I ended up giving away 7 as gifts :eek:

Dominican cigars are rather good aswell. Sadly I'm down to my box of 20 Dutch, which are still far better than what you can get over here for any sort of reasonable price, but still, how I long for a Cuban again.

Going back to Holland in 6 months or so, and I'm talking a wedge and will be buying a crate/box of 50 Cubans.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    Funds are tight at the moment, so when I do buy, I usually just go for a five pack of Henri Winterman's corona. When I'm flush, I'll spring for a couple of Dominicans from the local tobacconists.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    monte cristo No.4
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GottaLovePhysics! :))
    What would either of you recommend for a first smoke? Im sure certain tobacconists have specific brands and a wide variety, but for those who would buy a cigar at a regular tobacco counter in a shop?
    Think shops like tesco or waitrose only sell miniatures which are a bit meh imo

Threshers stock some pretty decent ones, as a rule of thumb the larger the cigars diameter the more taste it has, if you smoke cigarettes then you can probably jump straight in with a bigger cigar, if not might want to go for the thinner as the larger might be a bit much.

as for the skin i would suggest either the very dark brown (usually means they are Cuban) or the dark brown (which are usually either Cuban/ Honduran). If you want a milder taste then light brown is a good choice (I'd stay away from greenish brown, is very bland)

ordering an international pack is a good idea if you wana get a good overview and pick out your preferred smoke, if not Romeo y Julieta (around £11.00 and comes in a tin container) is a good one to go for, threshers will probably stock it and larger superstores might as well.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darth Stewie)
    Think shops like tesco or waitrose only sell miniatures which are a bit meh imo

Threshers stock some pretty decent ones, as a rule of thumb the larger the cigars diameter the more taste it has, if you smoke cigarettes then you can probably jump straight in with a bigger cigar, if not might want to go for the thinner as the larger might be a bit much.

as for the skin i would suggest either the very dark brown (usually means they are Cuban) or the dark brown (which are usually either Cuban/ Honduran). If you want a milder taste then light brown is a good choice (I'd stay away from greenish brown, is very bland)

ordering an international pack is a good idea if you wana get a good overview and pick out your preferred smoke, if not Romeo y Julieta (around £11.00 and comes in a tin container) is a good one to go for, threshers will probably stock it and larger superstores might as well.
    Thank you very much for your detailed reply!
    I think ill try the Romeo y Julieta as this is the second time it has been mentioned to me

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: February 12, 2012
New on TSR

Writing your personal statement

Our free PS builder tool makes it easy

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered Chat threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.