Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

University of Bolton Applicants 2012

Announcements Posted on
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    There is no thread for 2012 yet, but I think It's about time that there should be.

I'm applying to the Live Events Production FdA, What about you?
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Surely I'm not the only person here applying to Bolton this year? :eyebrow:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    You're not
    BSc Special Effects Development, can't wait to know if I'm accepted!

Btw I live in Wales right now.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ninsei)
    You're not
    BSc Special Effects Development, can't wait to know if I'm accepted!

Btw I live in Wales right now.
    Haha, and you're Welsh too! Fancy that.

I've just received my offer and I'm absolutely ecstatic

Let me know how you get on .x
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iola :})
    Haha, and you're Welsh too! Fancy that.

I've just received my offer and I'm absolutely ecstatic

Let me know how you get on .x
    I'm not Welsh but I wish I was! I love it here.

I hate waiting.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Aaaah they've just accepted me!
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Aaaah they've just accepted me!
    Haha, congratulations!

You need to get a list of what you're going to take and whatnot now, Exciting isn't it?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    First things first, I need to look for a flat! I live with my bf, who's going to do masters at Salford uni so it's not an option for us to live in halls... Haha crazy few months ahead of me! But anyway I'm so happy that I could die now (well, maybe not, but almost!).
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    First things first, I need to look for a flat! I live with my bf, who's going to do masters at Salford uni so it's not an option for us to live in halls... Haha crazy few months ahead of me! But anyway I'm so happy that I could die now (well, maybe not, but almost!).
    Ooh, good luck

I've found out through a current student that I have to look for a flat myself, but it has to be in Wakefield
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'll bump this thread, just in case
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Seems like we really are the only people applying to Bolton this year. Well I knew it's a small uni but didn't expect it's this small
    • 58 followers

ReputationRep:
    Seems like we really are the only people applying to Bolton this year. Well I knew it's a small uni but didn't expect it's this small
    I've had a couple of other applicants PM me about Bolton before, so there's at least two more of you, they just might not have found their way into this forum [=

On that note I'm just finishing up my first year here, if anybody does stumble onto this thread and has any questions.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have also applied for bolton
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gofre)
    On that note I'm just finishing up my first year here, if anybody does stumble onto this thread and has any questions.
    Okay then, the lamest question I could think of - how do you like it so far?
    Is the town as boring as they say? I still can't decide whether to look for a flat in Bolton or in Manchester or somewhere in between these two...

(Original post by Scottg1993)
    I have also applied for bolton
    Great, welcome to our humble group! What course did you choose?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Don't come to Bolton ! I've lived here for since I was born (18 years ago) and it's terrible xD
    • 58 followers

ReputationRep:
    Okay then, the lamest question I could think of - how do you like it so far?
    Is the town as boring as they say? I still can't decide whether to look for a flat in Bolton or in Manchester or somewhere in between these two...
    I've enjoyed it plenty [= uni really is what you make of it, get a decent group of friends and you can enjoy yourself anywhere. The town is fine, obviously not the biggest sprawling nightlife you'll find anywhere but there's a couple of clubs which really suit my kind of music tastes and manchester's only 15 minutes away on the train.If you want to be right in the thick of it 99% of the time, then looking at living in manc might be worth looking at, but Bolton certainly isn't too bad.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by D556mm)
    Don't come to Bolton ! I've lived here for since I was born (18 years ago) and it's terrible xD
    Seems to me that everyone who lives in this area hates it, whereas most people from the outside say it's fine

(Original post by Gofre)
    I've enjoyed it plenty [= uni really is what you make of it, get a decent group of friends and you can enjoy yourself anywhere. The town is fine, obviously not the biggest sprawling nightlife you'll find anywhere but there's a couple of clubs which really suit my kind of music tastes and manchester's only 15 minutes away on the train.If you want to be right in the thick of it 99% of the time, then looking at living in manc might be worth looking at, but Bolton certainly isn't too bad.
    Thanks a lot So what types of music you get in Bolton's clubs? And I was wondering if the town is any 'dangerous'? I think I've seen some people saying it is.
    And if you know anything about job seeking in Bolton? Is it hard to find something?

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 31, 2012
New on TSR

Halloween 2014

Spooky tales from this year's fright night

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.