Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What was your first car & why did you get rid of it?

This thread is sponsored by:
Announcements Posted on
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ilovehobnobs)
    Shirley hughes...bring back pure memories that is!
    Haha I know I only had one alfie book, and my mum used to have to read it every single night... so she went out and bought the alfie and annie rose collection to save her sanity more than my benefit I think also, I agree, hobnobs are immense, especially the chocolate ones
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Mine is a 1999 1.2 vauxhall corsa (by the name of Eugene) and I still have him.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    A 1999 1.0l Volkswagen Polo. It was in good nick when I got it, in 2008, but needed a new battery and engine repairs after a few months. Still it lasted 2 of those really harsh winters...until someone bashed into the side of it when it was parked
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Got a 1.1 106 when I turned 17, kept it till just before I turned 21, then part exchanged it and got a Fiesta ST
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    2001 Corsa GLS 1.0. Failed an MOT so bad the Guinness book of world records were on the phone wanting to put it in!

Im convinced the guy I bought it off just paid someone to give him the MOT cert when I bought it

Now driving a ford fiesta 1999 1.2 not really an upgrade. Better condition though I guess.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    M reg Corsa, I learned to drive in it. Engine went kaput. I drive a 03 Corsa now, love it. Hoping to upgrade next year, just don't know what to yet!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emilymay)
    Haha I know I only had one alfie book, and my mum used to have to read it every single night... so she went out and bought the alfie and annie rose collection to save her sanity more than my benefit I think also, I agree, hobnobs are immense, especially the chocolate ones
    im WELL having a hobnobs Shirley Hughes party tonight.

Thats adorable! We still have all ours in my grandmas dug them out this afternoon
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    1.2 R reg Fiat Punto. A cylinder went and the engine flooded. I loved that car!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    i had a 1.2 corsa for 9 months, then got a 1.7 as i was doing motorway miles. Still have it but need rid now lol
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    can i add my bikes (as i dont have a car)

first bike
    1998 Yamaha SR 125
    moved onto a Bros 400 for more power, and reliability (only the power side happend :emo: )
    now looking at a bigger, 600cc bike for the same reasons :cool:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    my first car at 17 two years ago was a golf mk5, i drove it for one year before getting a 3dr black golf mk4 last year, best decision ever.

I LOVE the mk4.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boristhethird)
    can i add my bikes (as i dont have a car)

first bike
    1998 Yamaha SR 125
    moved onto a Bros 400 for more power, and reliability (only the power side happend :emo: )
    now looking at a bigger, 600cc bike for the same reasons :cool:
    Bikes only get bigger, madder or faster right!

NEVER GO BACK!!! :eek4:
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    vauxhall viva, 1.3 1978, died a slow death of old age!
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GunnerBill)
    Bikes only get bigger, madder or faster right!

NEVER GO BACK!!! :eek4:
    all three :grin:

though possibly going to be 'stuck' with a slower, less powerfull bike for a couple of months (as ive been offerd twice the value of my bike if i sell it early)
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boristhethird)
    all three :grin:

though possibly going to be 'stuck' with a slower, less powerfull bike for a couple of months (as ive been offerd twice the value of my bike if i sell it early)
    You could go classic though (when you are old). A friend of mine has aquired some real beauties including this mad miltary thing with a sidecar!
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    You could go classic though (when you are old). A friend of mine has aquired some real beauties including this mad miltary thing with a sidecar!
    when i get older, have more money, and cheaper insurance, i do want a number of bikes (including a project bike, as having a project bike as your daily driver does not work too well )
    oh, and a motocross bike :grin:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    My first car was a a 1991 Nissan 300ZX 2+2 Twin Turbo which I got in 2009, epic car if a bit heavy on it's feet. It got written off last year after someone drove into it while it was parked...happily though the payout was decent and I'm now in a 2004 Mazda RX-8.
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    What was your first car & why did you get rid of it?
    I got an old 3 Series (late '90s) which I promptly crashed and wrote off when I was learning although to be fair if the dick behind hadn't over taken on a corner then changed his mind halfway through I wouldn't of been in a crash (I'd say accident but I don't see it as such nor was it my fault).

Got a good payout though, his insurance must cost him a bomb now
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    a 2l golf estate auto

it was 12 years old and i fancied a new car
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cberry)
    Mine is a 1999 1.2 vauxhall corsa (by the name of Eugene) and I still have him.
    I feel bad that other cars have better names than mine Eugene is an amazing name! Is it anything to do with the number plate, or was it for another reason?

Mine's a 2004 1.0 Corsa (kinda wish he was a 1.2, but oh well) called Spud. I was trying to think of a name for him, my mum said he looked like a potato (I have no idea why), and unfortunately the name stuck. Oh, and I still have him.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: March 2, 2012
New on TSR

Student in a Million awards

All the results from our prize-giving night

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.