Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Where is a the Laundry Room?

Announcements Posted on
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi folks,

This might sound a stupid question. Anyway want to know where the laundry room is and some details about it.

Thanks in advance.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Depends upon which campus: on College Lane, there is a laundrette at Chapman Hall. Whilst on DeHav I think each individual hall has their own laundry.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pneus)
    Depends upon which campus: on College Lane, there is a laundrette at Chapman Hall. Whilst on DeHav I think each individual hall has their own laundry.
    Sorry I forgot to mention the campus, which is College Lane in my case. Anyhow, thanks for telling where it is Pneus.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    The one on College Lane, as Pneus said, is at Chapman Hall. What sort of details did you want to know about it?
    It's pretty easy walking distance from wherever you're living on campus (the furthest is Roberts Way, and i live towards the back of it, so at most it takes me just under five minutes, depending on how much washing i have + how lazy i'm feeling!). It's right at the front of the hall, so it's pretty obvious.

To use the washing machine costs £2 (£2.20 for a super cycle i think it is, but never seen anyone use it...) and the dryer costs £1 to use.
    Most students get a clothes horse to hang washing up on, but a lot do use the dryer for most of their clothes. Personally i just use it for towels and bedding. The facilities aren't great, i won't lie, they do look like they've been there for god knows how long, and don't do an amazing job, but hey, you're a student, and they do the job. =P
    Also, the timers on, mainly the washing machines, tend to lie a bit. ;>_>
    Don't bother setting an alarm or whatever for slightly less time than it says, as i can guarantee it won't be done by then. xD;

Anything else you want to know just ask~
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paper Flowers)
    The one on College Lane, as Pneus said, is at Chapman Hall. What sort of details did you want to know about it?
    It's pretty easy walking distance from wherever you're living on campus (the furthest is Roberts Way, and i live towards the back of it, so at most it takes me just under five minutes, depending on how much washing i have + how lazy i'm feeling!). It's right at the front of the hall, so it's pretty obvious.

To use the washing machine costs £2 (£2.20 for a super cycle i think it is, but never seen anyone use it...) and the dryer costs £1 to use.
    Most students get a clothes horse to hang washing up on, but a lot do use the dryer for most of their clothes. Personally i just use it for towels and bedding. The facilities aren't great, i won't lie, they do look like they've been there for god knows how long, and don't do an amazing job, but hey, you're a student, and they do the job. =P
    Also, the timers on, mainly the washing machines, tend to lie a bit. ;>_>
    Don't bother setting an alarm or whatever for slightly less time than it says, as i can guarantee it won't be done by then. xD;

Anything else you want to know just ask~
    That was very informative. Thanks a lot for the big reply. This is more than I wanted to know. :d
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pneus)
    DeHav have quite a few laundry rooms, you should def be able to find at least two quite close to any halls lived in on Dehav and the prices are the same as mentioned in an earlier post

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 30, 2012
New on TSR

£50 in vouchers up for grabs!!!

Post a fun fact and quote in a member to win!

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.