The Student Room Group

OCR Chemistry A F322 Chains, Energy and Resources Wed 23 May 2012

Scroll to see replies

got 143 in this, 279 overall

F321 - 78
F322 - 143
F323 - 58

Woop:bhangra:
88 UMS in F321, 147 in F322 and 60 in F323...295/300 overall! Ridiculously pleased now... :biggrin:
Wow some very high scores well done everyone! In terms of UMS's:

F321 - 76
F322 - 132
F323 - 54

Total was 262/300 which was my lowest score which is so strangely pleasing to be able to say!

Best of luck to all moving onto A2 :biggrin:
Original post by DavidH20
88 UMS in F321, 147 in F322 and 60 in F323...295/300 overall! Ridiculously pleased now... :biggrin:

:adore:

:tongue:
Reply 3564
anyone got a copy of the paper from the june sitting?
Reply 3565
Original post by Treacle2
anyone got a copy of the paper from the june sitting?

Someone uploaded the paper but it has also got the answers written in. Also annoying that they didn't rotate the pages but it's better than nothing.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=151245&d=1337978495
anyone going for a remark on this?
Original post by The Unique Bloke
anyone going for a remark on this?

I've requested the paper back but I doubt i'm going to remark, just resit :tongue:
Anyone got the mark scheme please?
Original post by louisjevans
:adore:

:tongue:

tell us your secret!! are u naturally good at chemistry or you worked really hard? what are ur revision techniques? thanks! well done btw :smile:
Original post by Alotties
I got 83/150 on this exam, was my worst exam mark out of the 8 exams I did this session. :facepalm:
That wasn't exactly my plan as chemistry is my favourite subject.
Going to request a photocopy of my paper and retake the exam in Jan when I take F325!
F321: 63/90
Coursework: 50/60
Overall: 196/300
Considering retaking F321 in Summer 2013 to boost UMS but I'm going to avoid it in Jan else I will have too many exams (I have 5 exams in Jan and planning 2 or 3 resits already)

ur taking f325 before f324?! :eek:
Reply 3571
Original post by needtosucceed=)

Surprisingly quite a lot of centres do this.

My school is doing this :redface: It's better because F325 has a bigger impact on your grade and if you **** it up in the summer, well, you're basically screwed. At least if you do it in jan you can retake.
Original post by InadequateJusticex
My school is doing this :redface: It's better because F325 has a bigger impact on your grade and if you **** it up in the summer, well, you're basically screwed. At least if you do it in jan you can retake.

Basically this haha :smile: We also do it for biology.

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9000
tell us your secret!! are u naturally good at chemistry or you worked really hard? what are ur revision techniques? thanks! well done btw :smile:

If there were a 'secret' I would be making lots of money...it's a bit of both tbh - I naturally understand chemistry quicker than most, but I also worked bloody hard throughout the year and up to the exam. With regards to revision techniques, I literally took the entire textbook and made notes on everything, putting it all into my own words and selecting the most important bits. This meant that I had to think about all of it and thus remember it - I wasn't just copying. After that I did every single past paper I could find, and didn't rest until I was scoring above 95% each time...then went into the exam and was pleasantly surprised with 98% :biggrin:
Original post by InadequateJusticex

Original post by Alotties
Basically this haha :smile: We also do it for biology.

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9000

ahh both of you are lucky then! we're doing it in the normal order :frown:
Original post by DavidH20
If there were a 'secret' I would be making lots of money...it's a bit of both tbh - I naturally understand chemistry quicker than most, but I also worked bloody hard throughout the year and up to the exam. With regards to revision techniques, I literally took the entire textbook and made notes on everything, putting it all into my own words and selecting the most important bits. This meant that I had to think about all of it and thus remember it - I wasn't just copying. After that I did every single past paper I could find, and didn't rest until I was scoring above 95% each time...then went into the exam and was pleasantly surprised with 98% :biggrin:

that was my technique last year except i tried to do it all in april! :colondollar: i'll be doing it throughout this year though so hopefully should do better! (i got a B at AS)
do you think its worth looking at past papers from other exam boards too? because im sure most of the content is similar? or will exam technique be lost as each exam board has a certain way of marking?
Anyone know where i can get this question paper online?

Quick Reply

Latest