The Student Room Group

OCR Chemistry A F325 Equilibria, Energetics and Elements Wed 13 June 2012

Didn’t see any threads on this exam so thought I’ll make one :biggrin: any revision tips or just general thoughts on the exam please post. :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Are you sitting all of these chemistry exams?
Reply 2
Original post by Zhy
Are you sitting all of these chemistry exams?

yeah every unit! :eek: I want to maximise my chances of gaining an A or A* :rolleyes:
Reply 3
:eek:
Damn good luck. Rather you than me. Im just doing F325 and maybe F324 depending how it went in Jan.
Reply 4
Original post by ZTSR
:eek:
Damn good luck. Rather you than me. Im just doing F325 and maybe F324 depending how it went in Jan.

Thanks, I hope it go's well for you too :wink:
Reply 5
Original post by kickasskaz01
yeah every unit! :eek: I want to maximise my chances of gaining an A or A* :rolleyes:

You didn't do F324 in January, or you're resitting?

Did you do poorly in F321 and F322 or are you just aiming for full UMS?
Reply 6
This will be me sitting this for the first time in June.:frown:

What would you say are the hardest topics?
Reply 7
Original post by Zhy
You didn't do F324 in January, or you're resitting?

Did you do poorly in F321 and F322 or are you just aiming for full UMS?

I am resitting F324 even though I dont know what I got :colondollar: , for the others am just aiming for full UMS
Reply 8
Original post by Saliency
This will be me sitting this for the first time in June.:frown:

What would you say are the hardest topics?

My 1st time too
Reply 9
I'm sitting this exam I prefer this module (so far) to the other one we sat in jan lol but this could change nice we've done transition metals. Does any have a link for where I can get loads of questions for each of the topics in this module?
Im sitting this is exam in june too, probably my least favourite unit yet :/ if anyone has any good resources id be very grateful!
I am not doing this exam, but I'm doing unit 2. The main website I used fro my unit 1 preperation was:

http://www.a-levelchemistry.co.uk/OCR%20Chemistry%20A/OCR%20Chemistry%20A%20home.html

Its a really good website for revising, Enjoy
Reply 12
Hating this unit already...
I really like this unit so far...

I hated F322 and F324 though so it's about time I enjoyed a unit I guess :P
Reply 14
I have a question if anyone can answer?

'For a first order reaction, the rate constant k, can be found using this relationship: kt1/2 = 0.693
Calculate the value for the rate constant'

There's a graph before that, so how would I answer this question? I'm so confussed.
Work out the half life from the graph (the time taken for the concentration to halve - this should be constant). This number is t1/2 in the equation, so then just rearrange for k.
Reply 16
I did a set of notes for F324 and loaded them onto my website,

https://sites.google.com/site/mathslab9000/home/chemistry/f324---rings-polymers-and-analysis

on notes download link. I am currently working on a complete set of notes similar to this for F325, so when I've finished them and uploaded them I'll post a link in here.

I am aiming to just gather together a place for exams, it was mainly just for my college, but obviously anyone can access it, so when I've finished it, I'll make sure I post it about TSR. If anyone else has a good set of comprehensive notes and would like to share them, I can put them on there too, if they like.
Reply 17
Original post by silver0
I have a question if anyone can answer?

'For a first order reaction, the rate constant k, can be found using this relationship: kt1/2 = 0.693
Calculate the value for the rate constant'

There's a graph before that, so how would I answer this question? I'm so confussed.

you could use the formula t1/2=Ln(2)/k
and rearrange to get k
THIS FORMULA ONLY WORKS FOR FIRST ORDER REACTIONS
Reply 18
Can Someone please explain how to determine the rate determining step I don't understand it

Quick Reply

Latest