The Student Room Group

OCR Biology F215 Control, Genomes and Environment Fri 15 June 2012

Scroll to see replies

On page 114 of the A2 Biology OCR textbook do we have to know the development of the Drosophila (do we have to know each stage) ?

Thanks in advance
Original post by thestudentroo
On page 114 of the A2 Biology OCR textbook do we have to know the development of the Drosophila (do we have to know each stage) ?

Thanks in advance

We don't.
My teacher said :smile:
This exam is gonna kill me....there is so much to learn! :/
I so badly want a B overall! Got a D at AS, then retook F212 - went from a D->A and got a high B in F214.

Is anyone else retaking F211?? o_O
Reply 43
how much have you done in class? we're on module 3. i thouhgt we were moing too fast until i saw that some people have nearly finished content.
Reply 44
We've done most of modules 1 & 4, we're doing 3 by ourselves at home over easter and will start module 2 after easter. o.O I'm gonna start module 2 on my own next week though since I'm pretty concerned about how far behind we are to be honest.
Original post by peaches1
how much have you done in class? we're on module 3. i thouhgt we were moing too fast until i saw that some people have nearly finished content.

We've done up to 'genetic diagrams - 1' in cellular control (Module 1), and up to 'industrial enzymes' in biotechnology (Module 2), we did ecosystems and sustainability (Module 3) last year after we came back after AS exams, so I'm just trying to learn/revise it now. We've also done module 4 - behaviour/responding to the environment.

To whoever was saying about the behaviour practical - its a piece of p***. Just make sure you note down the characteristics well in the table you have to draw (and do more than 1 ie rate of movement and direction of movement). The questions are easy to - just revise behaviour (innate) and you'll be fine.
We've done module 1 and 2. We have nearly finished module 3 & 4.
Reply 47
Original post by beanstalkgirl_24
I so badly want a B overall! Got a D at AS, then retook F212 - went from a D->A and got a high B in F214.

I am retaking that too! My college is soo slow, we are doing module 1 and 2 .... And none are finished. Joyous easter holidays! Good luck!
Original post by sumsum123
I am retaking that too! My college is soo slow, we are doing module 1 and 2 .... And none are finished. Joyous easter holidays! Good luck!

Are you talking for F215? Yeah, we've only done up meiosis in Module 1 and up to industrial enzymes in Module 2, but I think we've done modules 3 & 4...

My teacher said that the F215 module is a combination of 6 exams from the previous specification....no wonder there is so much to learn!

Good luck with F211....I've made notes and flashcards for the cells stuff, am going to start cell membranes later. Oh the joys. :unimpressed:
Reply 49
Are you talking for F215? Yeah, we've only done up meiosis in Module 1 and up to industrial enzymes in Module 2, but I think we've done modules 3 & 4...

My teacher said that the F215 module is a combination of 6 exams from the previous specification....no wonder there is so much to learn!

Good luck with F211....I've made notes and flashcards for the cells stuff, am going to start cell membranes later. Oh the joys. :unimpressed:

Yerh I was :smile: , I am the exact same apart from the fact I have not done module 3 and 4. Actually, we looked at module 3 last year June but that was just so that we could do our practicals for ecosystems. I dont even remember what it was about -.-. Wow! That is immense! I am self teaching myself this easter.

I have not even started F211 O.o I will do that next week. I am resitting it so that I need less UMS for this exam. I hope F211 is not hard, all I seem to remember are names for organells. How much have you revised so far on F215?
Yerh I was :smile: , I am the exact same apart from the fact I have not done module 3 and 4. Actually, we looked at module 3 last year June but that was just so that we could do our practicals for ecosystems. I dont even remember what it was about -.-. Wow! That is immense! I am self teaching myself this easter.

I have not even started F211 O.o I will do that next week. I am resitting it so that I need less UMS for this exam. I hope F211 is not hard, all I seem to remember are names for organells. How much have you revised so far on F215?

Not a lot tbh. I've made notes/flashcards on the first 2 pages of module 3 (ecosystems shizz) and hope to have make revision resources for all of module 3, module 4 and poss some of mod 1/2 over easter. dunno whether that's gonna happen though!
Reply 51
Original post by thestudentroo

Thanks in advance

Personally I think its best to revise it because knowing OCR, they pick out minor details and make them into long questions.

For example, that part could possibly link to transcription and translation, cell division, DNA replication, protein synthesis, maybe even cloning.
Reply 52

I am re-taking F211 this exam session too!! I got 56/90 TWICE!! exact same mark on re-sit last year but i am just resetting to up my mark by 10+ as it will help me get and A cause i got 79/90 in F214 this Jan :smile:

My opinion is that the content is easy i just don't seem to answer the questions right which is why i am just gonna do past papers and read mark schemes to see how they mark and then for content i am reading through the revision guide to update it as it will all come flooding back :smile:
Reply 53
Original post by sergeant1
I am re-taking F211 this exam session too!! I got 56/90 TWICE!! exact same mark on re-sit last year but i am just resetting to up my mark by 10+ as it will help me get and A cause i got 79/90 in F214 this Jan :smile:

My opinion is that the content is easy i just don't seem to answer the questions right which is why i am just gonna do past papers and read mark schemes to see how they mark and then for content i am reading through the revision guide to update it as it will all come flooding back :smile:

I am actually scared about how similar we are :redface:. I got 56/90 for F211 and am resitting it! Andd I also got 79/90 for F214 and need to resit f211 to make June abit easier! That is what I am hoping to do too :smile: good luck! How is F215 going for you?
Reply 54
Not a lot tbh. I've made notes/flashcards on the first 2 pages of module 3 (ecosystems shizz) and hope to have make revision resources for all of module 3, module 4 and poss some of mod 1/2 over easter. dunno whether that's gonna happen though!

Good luck, I am nearly done with module 1 and going to start module 2.
Reply 55
I am actually scared about how similar we are :redface:. I got 56/90 for F211 and am resitting it! Andd I also got 79/90 for F214 and need to resit f211 to make June abit easier! That is what I am hoping to do too :smile: good luck! How is F215 going for you?

Really?! haha :smile: and yea unfourtunalty i got a low B in F212 but in practicals so far for AS and A2 i basically have about 95% of marks so thats whats helped me a lot.

F215 i am starting revising for next week as we have only got one topic left to cover in lessons :smile: In lessons i had been struggling with the Cellular control topic at first part but i get the last part well and as usual when i revise it and make notes ill probably understand it :smile: and the other two (Ecosystems/ Responding to the the environment) i think are quite straight forward and understood about 75% of the straight away so I'm not to worried about that, we just haven't done biotechnology module yet :frown:

Biology is by far my easiest to revise for as all the answers are closed where as my other two subjects are all open end answers and have to know case studies :frown: which is hard to revise for :frown: but as i have but little effort in before easter when i get back and next week illl be working my ass of to try and get an A cause i know i can get a B but of course and A would be better and would help me get into my Uni a lot more :smile:

How are you revising for them?
Reply 56
people..do you think typing your biology notes on Word is a good revision method..as well as of course understanding them? have u tried this?
Reply 57
Original post by sergeant1
Really?! haha :smile: and yea unfourtunalty i got a low B in F212 but in practicals so far for AS and A2 i basically have about 95% of marks so thats whats helped me a lot.

F215 i am starting revising for next week as we have only got one topic left to cover in lessons :smile: In lessons i had been struggling with the Cellular control topic at first part but i get the last part well and as usual when i revise it and make notes ill probably understand it :smile: and the other two (Ecosystems/ Responding to the the environment) i think are quite straight forward and understood about 75% of the straight away so I'm not to worried about that, we just haven't done biotechnology module yet :frown:

Biology is by far my easiest to revise for as all the answers are closed where as my other two subjects are all open end answers and have to know case studies :frown: which is hard to revise for :frown: but as i have but little effort in before easter when i get back and next week illl be working my ass of to try and get an A cause i know i can get a B but of course and A would be better and would help me get into my Uni a lot more :smile: How are you revising for them?

Do you study psychology or law as i study both of them. I find biology a bit hard to reivse for than my other courses and i constantly do revision everyday to be able to just get a grade for this.
Reply 58
Original post by akindrat18
Do you study psychology or law as i study both of them. I find biology a bit hard to reivse for than my other courses and i constantly do revision everyday to be able to just get a grade for this.

same here i hate biology ); i understand the content but then when it comes to exam paper practice..i interpret it differently to mark scheme answers and with all those synoptic questions too :/ hate it
Reply 59
guys im revising for this ..and all im doing is rewriting my notes..but i still feel like im not remembering some of the stuff :/ how do you properly revise for this exam i hate bio -.-

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending