The Student Room Group

OCR Biology F215 Control, Genomes and Environment Fri 15 June 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by sumsum123
I am actually scared about how similar we are :redface:. I got 56/90 for F211 and am resitting it! Andd I also got 79/90 for F214 and need to resit f211 to make June abit easier! That is what I am hoping to do too :smile: good luck! How is F215 going for you?

WOW! that exactly what i got! and im retaking F211 in june!
Reply 61
Hey, i did F215 in january (my schools new rubbish policy to do the bigger unit first) and there were about 10 marks on synoptic question from F214....

Highest grade in my school was a B, gna retake now...

any good revision styles, techniques, tips or sites would be really helpful.

Mindmaps are the best, if anyone has made them, please share!!
Reply 62
i was wondering what 'downstream process' means and what happen there?
resitting
F212-(i got a high B(115), but due to our school's rubbish help with coursework now i need to push this up)
F214
Taking
F215 -really need 130 in this. So tense.

my F211 is an A. (for anyone curious)

It's gunna be a long road ahead for me.
Reply 64
Does anyone know if you have to learn about how the calcium ions allow muscle contraction for the sliding filament model??
Original post by yukiko
Does anyone know if you have to learn about how the calcium ions allow muscle contraction for the sliding filament model??

lol yes
Anyone else resitting F214, that paper was awful! Even worse is that I don't have any UMS to fall back on from last year as I got an A exactly.
Original post by andrewpeters
Anyone else resitting F214, that paper was awful! Even worse is that I don't have any UMS to fall back on from last year as I got an A exactly.

so dude
how did it go?
get an offer?
Original post by im so fresh
so dude
how did it go?
get an offer?

No offers yet. I'm waiting on Brighton as my last resort, have been put on hold.
Original post by yukiko

Yes. Calcium ions bind with troponin molecules, causing troponin and tropomyosin to move from normal position on actin filament therefore unblock binding sites / allow the exposure of binding sites for myosin heads to bind with actin - forming an actin-myosin crossbridge.
Think that's all we need to know.
No offers yet. I'm waiting on Brighton as my last resort, have been put on hold.

best of luck.
Original post by vasu93
i was wondering what 'downstream process' means and what happen there?

The term 'downstream process(es)' simply refers to what that occur in the next stage(s) of an industrial process.

I presume you are talking about the spread on industrial enzymes?

To make it clearer I will give you an example that is not related to enzymes:

Making a T-shirt

Material is dyed --> Material is cut --> Sleeves attached --> Logo is printed --> Labels attached --> Packaged.

the processes that are downstream of cutting the material are: --> Sleeves attached --> Logo is printed --> Labels attached --> Packaged.

Now apply the same principle to a process involving industrial use of enzymes.

Hope that helped (:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 72

tell me about it :/ thought it was easy during the exam..but then results showed something else ): resitting definitely
Reply 73
the past papers of this exam look scary ):
Reply 74
Explain why the bacteria have carboxylase enzymes?
Hi F215 people!
At school we got given a revision disc with loads of past questions (from the previous specification) that are relevant to this course.

I've uploaded them to Google Docs, and they should be viewable from the below link:

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0By84nmCmJZnWMU5EN2RDcmtBU2s

This includes questions for F211, F212, F214 and F215
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 76
Original post by a123
Explain why the bacteria have carboxylase enzymes?

Anaerobic respiration
I think maybe so they can convert ethanal back to pyruvate when oxygen becomes available. This pyruvate can enter the link reaction (joins acetyl CoA). Acetyl CoA enters Krebs cycle and NADH and FADH allows oxidative phosphorylation to take place, generating more ATP.

This maybe a synoptic question. I don't know if this is right.
Reply 77
Original post by beanstalkgirl_24
Hi F215 people!
At school we got given a revision disc with loads of past questions (from the previous specification) that are relevant to this course.

I've uploaded them to Google Docs, and they should be viewable from the below link:

Please +ve rep if this has been helpful! :smile:

Thanks a lot!

I was thinking maybe we could collectively come up with a big list of all the possible experiment questions that might come up in F215? So that none of us get caught out on some stupid "glass bead" type questions again :smile:
Reply 78
Original post by beanstalkgirl_24
Hi F215 people!

cannot thank you enough - this is a fantastic resource!!! i've just downloaded all the files from f214 and f215! THANK YOU :biggrin:
Reply 79
Original post by Lalaa
WOW! that exactly what i got! and im retaking F211 in june!

Coincidences nowadaihs! :u: I have not started F211 at all.... wbu?

Quick Reply

Latest