Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How much do you spend on clothes/accessories per week/month?

Announcements Posted on
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Probably around £150-£200 :-/
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    £10 to £20 most of my clothes are from cheap, one off shops . It's cheap clothing and not many people will have it.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Oh lord I do not know how some people can spend so little, honestly.

I work part-time in retail so I end up buying a loooooooott of stuff from where I work, simply because it's an absolutely massive store and we get deliveries every single day. I probably spend €200 a month or so on clothing and make up. I try to justify it by saying that some of it is part of my uniform for work (we have to wear the stock), but I definitely buy a lot more than I need to.

That said, I spend it because I can. If I have to save more than usual (I save 1/3 of my wages at least), then I won't spend it, or if I suddenly say didn't have a job I absolutely wouldn't buy clothes.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    I try not to spend a ridculous amount, its easier said than done though! Maybe £50-60 a month usually, on a good month I'll probably spend about £10-20. Having said that I'd probably spend more if I had it if I'm honest, too many pretty clothes knocking about!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I would just like to say that I think a lot of people waste hundreds of pounds a months on clothing just for school. This is ridiculous. If you've spent over £125 on clothing, you could have instead bought one of the following which are what people in other countrie NEED to live:

-5 Goats
    -5 Allotments
    -Safe water for around 120 people
    -Feed 17 families
    -The education of children

I just thought I'd throw that one out there because it really annoys me when people spend hundreds on clothing - which is certainly NOT needed. I only buy clothes like once every 3-4 months and spend about £50 tops!!

http://www.oxfam.org.uk/shop/content...ped/5to25.html
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deank)
    I would just like to say that I think a lot of people waste hundreds of pounds a months on clothing just for school. This is ridiculous. If you've spent over £125 on clothing, you could have instead bought one of the following which are what people in other countrie NEED to live:

-5 Goats
    -5 Allotments
    -Safe water for around 120 people
    -Feed 17 families
    -The education of children

I just thought I'd throw that one out there because it really annoys me when people spend hundreds on clothing - which is certainly NOT needed. I only buy clothes like once every 3-4 months and spend about £50 tops!!

http://www.oxfam.org.uk/shop/content...ped/5to25.html
    Oh stfu will you, people will spend their money on what they like :rolleyes: Do you give every little bit you have lying around to charities and whatnot? People are entitled to buy things with money they've worked hard for.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    It was just an example, and IN MY OPINION I think £200 a month on clothes is a huge waste.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    ohmy. easily about £200 a month at the moment, i am absolutely ridiculous.
    i'm an emotional shopper though and things aren't going great at the moment, when i'm sad i shop. so right now i'm constantly buying new things! its not usually this bad..

FYI, Deank - i DO give money to two different charities a month as well as one off donations on top of that. don't judge people who are spending their money how they want too, i work fricking hard for this money and if i want to buy nice new things then i will!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, didn't mean to offend you or anything, it's just my opinion that some really high priced clothes aren't worth what the price tag says.

Also, I never said you didn't give to charities, and charities was just an example, buying cheaper clothes could also save your money for other things. I'm just saying if I earned, I would splash out £200 on clothing....

No need to neg somebodys opinion though :/

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: March 7, 2012
New on TSR

Strictly iPlayer

Will you still watch if some BBC programmes go online only?

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.