Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

PMQS - Ed had his Weetabix?

Announcements Posted on
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Has anybody else seen it this week?

I normally am all hunched in my chair cringing when I see Cameron smugly rip Miliband into little bits.

But I know a good few here watch it weekly, anybody see it? Finally seems Ed has his confidence and is on a true offensive. Even in recent interviews he has come across a lot better.

Watch here:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006nldz

Anybody else notice this? Watching that, to me, he actually looks like a leader.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Tribute to the Queen rage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lambert1)
    Tribute to the Queen rage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    They were shouting 'here here!'
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Cameron never 'rips Miliband to bits'. Don't focus on the overblown rhetoric and insults. Focus on the policy, and Cameron desperately trying to avoid answering questions - Miliband is the better of the two at PMQs. He's smarter. Cameron is obtuse and loud.
    • 19 followers

ReputationRep:
    I haven't seen it yet but if he is sounding like a leader then good, taken him long enough, now to come up with a solid plan for the future and maybe Labour will have a chance next election.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maddog Jones)
    Cameron never 'rips Miliband to bits'. Don't focus on the overblown rhetoric and insults. Focus on the policy, and Cameron desperately trying to avoid answering questions - Miliband is the better of the two at PMQs. He's smarter. Cameron is obtuse and loud.
    Miliband is actually known for screwing up the policy parts though, often during PMQs Miliband will try to match Camerons ability to be able to quote statistics and fails saying the wrong thing and in turn allows Cameron to walk over him.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    you can always tell a politician's running on empty when they starts coming off as a joker/comedian type of character as cameron does in nearly every PMQ I've seen of him
    • 52 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yeah politicians insulting each other is funny.
    The house of Lords....now that's they consist of the most dry insults I have ever seen...
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    He has improved noticeably. He's still not an excellent performer, but Cameron has gone from almost always being the "victor" to merely winning perhaps a slight majority of the time. I think that the mild improvement in Ed's personal ratings since late December last year can probably be attributed to that. Mind you, only letting the other person win a slight majority of the time is not fantastic, and he has some way to go.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ed is always fumbling his stats up, trying to copy Cameron.

Cameron has more charisma and wit, can get his point accross much better. And answers head on most of the time.

But in the minority that he dodges a question he really does dodge it. Whereas Ed is kinda consistant with half dodging and half answering.
    • 36 followers

ReputationRep:
    The main problem Ed's got is that he's directly responsible for the cock-ups Cameron is now admirably trying to sort out. Even on the Holy NHS; a Labour centre-piece if ever there was one, Miliband is incapable of winning the debate because he's allowing failed left-wing dogma to get in the way of common sense.

The coalition do need to be held to account, but not by Labour. They're useless.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Will Lucky)
    Miliband is actually known for screwing up the policy parts though, often during PMQs Miliband will try to match Camerons ability to be able to quote statistics and fails saying the wrong thing and in turn allows Cameron to walk over him.
    No he's not. You've just made that up - Cameron is constantly found by factcheckers to be lying, whereas Miliband uses genuine statistics.

Cameron usually resorts to 'left wing', 'weak' or 'your brother'.

He's pathetic.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chefdave)
    The main problem Ed's got is that he's directly responsible for the cock-ups Cameron is now admirably trying to sort out. Even on the Holy NHS; a Labour centre-piece if ever there was one, Miliband is incapable of winning the debate because he's allowing failed left-wing dogma to get in the way of common sense.

The coalition do need to be held to account, but not by Labour. They're useless.
    Not true - 'Miliband is incapable of winning the debate' - actually, he is winning the debate, in case you didn't notice :rolleyes:
    • 40 followers

ReputationRep:
    Cameron is very vulnerable on NHS reform.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    He doesn't 'rip Miliband into bits'

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: February 11, 2012
New on TSR

What do you think of the BBC?

UK Parliament wants to hear your views

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.