The Student Room Group

Student finance saying a lower amount than it should?!

ok basically i signed up for Student finance entered my parents income [which is under the £25k bar] and im going to be going to uni in london so i should be entitled to a maintenance loan and grant of £9300 combined ... but it keeps saying im only allowed a loan of about £4k and no grant ... it then says continue without taking your house income into account and comes up with a bar to adjust it ... so i do it just goes back to the prior page and asks me to continue and finish it ... i dont know what to do, do i finish it and the amount will be sorted out later or if i finish it now am i loosing out on a bigger loan and the grant?!
please help :frown:
Reply 1
bump!
Reply 2
Original post by cl_steele
bump!

You need to click where it says something like 'continue WITH household income information' or something. If you don't enter income levels you are restricted to 65% of maintenance loan and no grant.
Reply 3
same thing happens to me!
Reply 4
Original post by srascal8

Original post by srascal8
You need to click where it says something like 'continue WITH household income information' or something. If you don't enter income levels you are restricted to 65% of maintenance loan and no grant.

it didnt say anything about entering income levels anywhere so i clicked on the proceed taking household income into account or whatever it was, i hope i didnt do it wrong, living in london on £4k will be impossible :/
if i did cock it up somewhere is it possible to like ring them up and change it or anything do you know?
Reply 5
it didnt say anything about entering income levels anywhere so i clicked on the proceed taking household income into account or whatever it was, i hope i didnt do it wrong, living in london on £4k will be impossible :/
if i did cock it up somewhere is it possible to like ring them up and change it or anything do you know?

you're not going to get your answer here.

phone student finance now.

0845 300 50 90

bear in mind that the online application will not be accessible from 8pm tomorrow until monday, because they are doing works on it.

so sort this out now. right this second.

you'll need:

your customer number & your secret answer. they'll ask you those to verify your identity.
Reply 6
Original post by ollie82

Original post by ollie82
you're not going to get your answer here.

phone student finance now.

0845 300 50 90

bear in mind that the online application will not be accessible from 8pm tomorrow until monday, because they are doing works on it.

so sort this out now. right this second.

you'll need:

your customer number & your secret answer. they'll ask you those to verify your identity.

thank you very much i just rang them and its all been sorted out, once again thank you very much, rep will be forth coming :smile:
Reply 7
thank you very much i just rang them and its all been sorted out, once again thank you very much, rep will be forth coming :smile:

haha thanks :smile:
i had some problems with mine, panicked with all the 'advice' people were giving me... phoned student finance and they're so nice and helpful, it was sorted out in about 2 mins! with such a helpful service, everyone should just ring them the first time.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending