The Student Room Group

Food and Drink: TotoMimo's Magical Munchie Makers!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
I'm getting all disappointed in this thread. It started off as a way to shjooshh up mediocre ingredients and has descended into "what is the most obvious dish to make with this?"

If your popcorn is salted/neutral, Dani - I suggest something a bit interesting; much like crushed-to-death Cornflakes, smashed Popcorn make amazingly good "breadcrumbs" when applied to chicken fillets! They add a unique flavour and texture indeed. Use a thin film of beaten egg, make sure they are VERY finely smashed, then apply egg then popcorn to each fillet before cooking!!

MY INGREDIENT IS: FRESH HORSERADISH!
Reply 201
Unless insignifcant's real name is Dani, I believe you are mistaken my dear Toto :smile:
Reply 202
I don't know what you're talking about, insignificant.
This is all very insignificant.
Reply 204
HAHA.

Well, at least you acknowledged my post.

PA'HA! Jokes on you now! :P
Reply 205
Yeah so THREAD RE-RAILING - FRESH HORSERADISH, ANYONE?
Reply 206
Original post by TotoMimo
Yeah so THREAD RE-RAILING - FRESH HORSERADISH, ANYONE?

I won't lie, I've never tried horseradish. :redface: So instead, I just looked on the BBC Good Food website, so what I would be most likely to do with it is:

Smoked salmon, watercress, and horseradish pasta.

Just because it looks and sounds lovely!

My ingredient is...courgettes.
stuff them with a minced beef, onion, mushroom mix and top with cheese then grill. PENG!

my ingredient is ready salted crisps
Reply 208
http://www.tescorealfood.com/cookoff/recipes/comfort-food/tuna-and-ready-salted-crisp-pasta-bake.html

Can't say I've tried it, but hey, could be good! It's that, or putting em in a nasty chicken paste sandwich to change the taste in primary school!

Ingredient:
IDShot_225x225.jpg
Fruit and Nut Sprinkle
Original post by dani_1991
http://www.tescorealfood.com/cookoff/recipes/comfort-food/tuna-and-ready-salted-crisp-pasta-bake.html

Can't say I've tried it, but hey, could be good! It's that, or putting em in a nasty chicken paste sandwich to change the taste in primary school!

Ingredient:
IDShot_225x225.jpg
Fruit and Nut Sprinkle

Yeah, I've used them on a tuna pasta bake. Also a Sheperds pie topping. It works a treat :biggrin:

Fruit and nut sprinkle I'd use in a flapjack recipe, I love flapjacks and they're so simple. Simply mix in the fruit and nut before baking and it'll take your Jacks to the next level.

My ingredient is..cumin powder
Reply 210
For cumin, I think I would go for (amongst many other things, 'cos we use loads of spices, herbs, etc, etc, etc in this house :tongue:) chilli beans with nachos.

Nachos, onions, garlic, chillies, cumin, coriander, tomato puree, vegetable stock, cheese. Mmm. :smile:

My ingredient is...lemon/lemon juice.
Original post by Liv1204
For cumin, I think I would go for (amongst many other things, 'cos we use loads of spices, herbs, etc, etc, etc in this house :tongue:) chilli beans with nachos.

Nachos, onions, garlic, chillies, cumin, coriander, tomato puree, vegetable stock, cheese. Mmm. :smile:

My ingredient is...lemon/lemon juice.

Lemon drizzle cake, every time!

My ingredient is bacon :smile:
Reply 212
For bacon, I would go for chilli, bacon and mushroom pasta. Dried, bacon, mushroom, chilli (lots of chilli >.>) and garlic and herb cheese! Bacon is awesome.

My ingredient is...creme fraiche.
Reply 213
Cherry florentines (apparently using the BBC recipe you need creme fraiche!)
or Butternut squash, sage and crème fraîche mash - so good, especially if you mix in some mashed/crushed carrot too.

INGREDIENT: MUSTARD
mmmm mustard!
mix some up with a bit of mayonaisse, and make a kick-ass waldorf salad :smile:

okay, my ingredient isss branston pickle!
Reply 215
Sorry to be unimaginative but, I'd simply slap it in a Ploughmans and be done with it!

INGREDIENT: FRESH MANGO PIECES
I'm going to resurrect this thread. It's a good'un.

I would create mango and sticky rice with fresh mango pieces. It's something I had recently in Thailand and now I can't get enough of it!

TNP must reate a magical munchie with:
Fresh basil.
Reply 217
Bruschetta.jpeg
Chopped fresh tomato, mix the basil in, add on top of baked ciabatta bread and a drizzle of olive oil.
BRUSCHETTA: a beautiful summery dish.

INGREDIENT: RAISINS

(Well revived :biggrin:)
Scones, with raisins and a little bit of warm spice like cinnamon. Served warm with clotted cream.

INGREDIENT: tuna steak
Pasta shells and tuna, topped with cheese.. mmm. I used to eat that all the time as a kid, I've now rediscovered how much I love it!

Ingredient: Vanilla Pods

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply