The Student Room Group

Food and Drink: TotoMimo's Magical Munchie Makers!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Brocolli, chicken and cashew nut stir fry if you're after a meal, tasty stuff in my view!

Or failing that, Honey roasted cashew nuts are pretty damn lovely!

My ingredient is granola.
granola....

pastry case, apricot jam, granola. press down. white chocolate drizzle. serve with custard.

roasted peppers?
Reply 82
Original post by *custardcream
granola....

pastry case, apricot jam, granola. press down. white chocolate drizzle. serve with custard.

roasted peppers?

Grate some cheese, mix with anchovies and tuna and a few capers. Fill peppers and put a finishing layer of breadcrumbs on if desired.
Put in oven, roast! :smile:

My ingredient is Canned Tuna (bear in mind a student budget!)
Original post by dani_1991
Grate some cheese, mix with anchovies and tuna and a few capers. Fill peppers and put a finishing layer of breadcrumbs on if desired.
Put in oven, roast! :smile:

My ingredient is Canned Tuna (bear in mind a student budget!)

Mix it with salad cream, roast a jacket potato..top with the mix, drizzle balsamic glaze and have a side salad with it.

My ingredient is beetroot (not the pickled variety)
beetroot grated into coleslaw... grim.

aniseed balls?
Reply 85
Custardcream, I hate to be that guy... but truly, aniseed balls should only ever be a component of the innards of a refuse bin in my opinion! I can't even do an "If I liked 'em" suggestion!!

My ingredient is... Genoa Salami!

Original post by TotoMimo
Custardcream, I hate to be that guy... but truly, aniseed balls should only ever be a component of the innards of a refuse bin in my opinion! I can't even do an "If I liked 'em" suggestion!!

My ingredient is... Genoa Salami!

I think I'd make a homemade pizza and top it with plenty of cheese, the salami and something to cut through the meat, like an acidic tomato or capers.

My ingredient is bruschetta
Reply 87
Toast the bruschetta in slices, and rub with a clove of garlic. Top with green pesto, chopped black pitted olives and anchovy fillets, and to cut the saltiness, squeeze either a scoosh of lemon or lime from a wedge over the top.

Trust me, Melissa. TRUST ME.

My ingredient?

CA WUSTARD!
Reply 88
I wouldn't make anything with custard per se, I'd just eat it with a nice sponge cake. Or just on its own!

My ingredient is...sweet potato!
boil, drain, mash, stir in brown sugar and cinnamon. form into patties, coat in sesame seeds and chill. fry in small batches in butter.

ingredient - pastry case
Original post by *custardcream
boil, drain, mash, stir in brown sugar and cinnamon. form into patties, coat in sesame seeds and chill. fry in small batches in butter.

ingredient - pastry case

Chocolate and caramel torte. Make up a wet caramel with a sugar solution and reduce to a caramel, at which point add a pinch of sea salt and a dash of cream. Pour a small layer of this salted caramel sauce into the base of the pastry case and refrigerate to set. In the meantime melt down a 2:1 mix of dark and milk chocolate (decent quality stuff, nothing cheap!) over a bain-marie. Once combined, add about one and half times the same weight of double cream a third at a time, incorporating each third completely before adding the next. Pour this ganache over the refrigerated caramel, and leave at room temperature for an hour before returning to the fridge for three hours. Let it "defrost" for 10 minutes before serving. Delish [=
Marry me?
it is a leap year and all that.
Reply 92
Seen as there is no new ingredient, I'ma step right in there and say

I've got some Fruit Ryvita?
Original post by MelissaJayne
Marry me?
it is a leap year and all that.

Sorry, not sure my current girlfriend would approve =P I'll be happy to provide extra dessert recipes though :ahee:

Original post by dani_1991
Seen as there is no new ingredient, I'ma step right in there and say

I've got some Fruit Ryvita?

Damn I forgot XD I'll be fancy with my ingredient, and say lobster!
Reply 94
Keep that nice and simple, dude; I would say make the world's best bisque, but I'd far rather have a gorgeous Maine Lobster roll...

Maybe with some Frites and crunchy coleslaw on the side. O LAWDY LAWDY.

My ingredient is WHIPPED CREAM!
Original post by TotoMimo
Keep that nice and simple, dude; I would say make the world's best bisque, but I'd far rather have a gorgeous Maine Lobster roll...

Maybe with some Frites and crunchy coleslaw on the side. O LAWDY LAWDY.

My ingredient is WHIPPED CREAM!

sounds pretty damn good to me (:

My whipped cream choice would epitomise simplicity- honeycomb fool. Whip the cream with the seeds of half a vanilla pod, and into this add Crunchie Bar which has been pounded into tiny pieces with a rolling pin (Great anger management relief!). Fold the Crunchie in gently to avoid knocking the air out of the cream, spoon the mixture into rammekins or glasses, and put in the fridge to set for an hour. Bits of the honeycomb end up "melting" and forming a lovely caramel-esque sauce. Top with white chocolate shavings before serving [=

I'll go for for chicken wings as my next choice!
(edited 12 years ago)
shove those bad boys in a sexy spicy marinade and bake in the oven before finishing over charcoal

my ingredient is peanut butter
Reply 97
Bit of dark chocolate, bit of milk chocolate, tiny bit of sugar (if needed) melted. Divide between tiny muffin cases and cook.

Voilà - peanut butter cups :biggrin:

My ingredient is Nutella
prerolled puff pastry, spread with nutella, roll up into log and slice, place discs on tray and bake

honey?
Reply 99
Honey bread
Use honey as the sugar initially, allow for one rise.
Spread dough out, lather on honey, roll.
Allow one more rise, Bake, sprinkle on honey coated pumpkin seeds.

Avocado?

Quick Reply

Latest