The Student Room Group

Imperial MSc Management 2012-2013: who applied?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
OMG, Got a reject from Imperial :frown: :frown: Can i apply to one more course in Imperial eh ?

In the embark system i just chose one. How can i do it now ?
FINALLY got my offer today. I've been ****ting myself for WEEKS over this program.

It also says I've been shortlisted for the academic scholarship. I wonder how short the list is...
Reply 42
can I ask what the management offer is? as in what grades you need and what class mark are you on right now as in a first or 2.1.? well done on your btw.....i still need to apply but wondering whether i got a shot with my grades and whether its too late to apply....
Original post by prince1990
can I ask what the management offer is? as in what grades you need and what class mark are you on right now as in a first or 2.1.? well done on your btw.....i still need to apply but wondering whether i got a shot with my grades and whether its too late to apply....

I got a 3.7 (1st) from the University of California at Santa Cruz in The States.

While at uni I had my own business which I sold on my graduation in Dec of 2010. Since I graduated I've been working for companies and NGOs in a management capacity.
Reply 44
Original post by st_pg
Prepare to answer questions related to the economy,

e.g. financial crisis, steve jobs (apple), will the euro survive? - I would assume the questions depend on the interviewer, but make sure that you are on top of current business news/issues! good luck!

I've finally been contacted with my interview date and time. How technical do they want you to get when answering these questions?
Original post by misse
I've finally been contacted with my interview date and time. How technical do they want you to get when answering these questions?

have u finished ur interview?
Original post by misse

They asked me some of the typical questions like "why imperial?" and some other more technical questions. For instance, I was talking about an idea I have for a startup investment company (think along the lines of Y Combinator) in the developing world and she asked me to explain what I thought some of the challenges in creating that company would be and how I would go about managing it.

She also asked me a lot about my experience working abroad and what I've learned from it.
Reply 47
Original post by bunny rabbit
have u finished ur interview?

Not yet. It will be next week.

Original post by Chaaalieboy
They asked me some of the typical questions like "why imperial?" and some other more technical questions. For instance, I was talking about an idea I have for a startup investment company (think along the lines of Y Combinator) in the developing world and she asked me to explain what I thought some of the challenges in creating that company would be and how I would go about managing it.

She also asked me a lot about my experience working abroad and what I've learned from it.

Thanks for the advice, and that's great that you've worked in developing countries. I'm very interested in economic development.
Original post by misse
Not yet. It will be next week.

Thanks for the advice, and that's great that you've worked in developing countries. I'm very interested in economic development.

When is your date of interview?
I will interview next week as well.

Thx:smile:
Reply 49
I also have an interview but in 3 weeks ! I wonder why they are making me wait that much :frown: I guess because there is a lot of applicants.
In Imperial website its written that any suitable applicant will need to do an interview before getting an offer. I saw on a forum somewhere that anyone who gets an interview is almost guaranteed to have an offer. Is it true ? Or almost everyone who meets the entry requirements are interviewed ?
I'm really worried because i really want to study in Imperial and It's my only option !
Original post by rimperial
I also have an interview but in 3 weeks ! I wonder why they are making me wait that much :frown: I guess because there is a lot of applicants.
In Imperial website its written that any suitable applicant will need to do an interview before getting an offer. I saw on a forum somewhere that anyone who gets an interview is almost guaranteed to have an offer. Is it true ? Or almost everyone who meets the entry requirements are interviewed ?
I'm really worried because i really want to study in Imperial and It's my only option !

If everyone with an interview receives an offer, I don't really see any point to the interview.. but it wasn't difficult by any means. If you answer the questions and you don't do anything outrageously stupid I don't see why you shouldn't pass the interview.

Good luck with your interview.
Hi Guys

I am sure many of you would be in the same position as me, so was hoping to get some advice.

I have an offer from Imperial for MSc Finance. However, I am still waiting to hear from LSE and Oxford. I realise they wont get back to me till end of april or may, but I have to decide on my Imperial offer in 2 weeks. I am not sure how I should proceed from here. Any previous experiences or advice would be appreciated.

Cheers
Original post by Sweet_poison
Hi Guys

I am sure many of you would be in the same position as me, so was hoping to get some advice.

I have an offer from Imperial for MSc Finance. However, I am still waiting to hear from LSE and Oxford. I realise they wont get back to me till end of april or may, but I have to decide on my Imperial offer in 2 weeks. I am not sure how I should proceed from here. Any previous experiences or advice would be appreciated.

Cheers

Call up Imperial and ask for an extension.
Reply 53
When is your date of interview?
I will interview next week as well.

Thx:smile:

I had my interview earlier today. It seems to have gone pretty well, but I guess I'll know in a few days.

Original post by Garam Masala
Well, you are the opposite of myself. I felt I did average at best, slightly better than my UCL interview last week which was utterly hopeless!

Anyway I did my interview a couple of days ago and I asked about my chances. The person who interviewed me was the programme director himself and he said that I had 'good hope' and that I should expect a response within a few days.

I received my offer a little over 24 hours later and have been shortlisted for an academic excellence scholarship.

This interview experience was better for me too. The OVIA system at UCL has its perks, especially for international students with the time differences. But I enjoyed actually be able to converse and clarify my thoughts if need be (instead of OVIA's prerecorded questions).

Original post by Sweet_poison
Hi Guys

Cheers

Is there any way that Imperial could extend your offer by a couple of weeks?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 54
I received my offer today via e-mail! Wow, they really move fast.
Original post by misse
I received my offer today via e-mail! Wow, they really move fast.

hey!! Big cong for you!!!

What Qs did you get during the interview?
You are applying for MSc Management or MSc Economics & Strategy for Business?

Thx
Reply 56
Misse, a tip. Get them to mail you two hard copies of the offer. You might need them for career development loans and stuff + it looks so much nicer with the official stamp.
Original post by Frozenace
Misse, a tip. Get them to mail you two hard copies of the offer. You might need them for career development loans and stuff + it looks so much nicer with the official stamp.

Very good shout.
Reply 58
hey!! Big cong for you!!!

What Qs did you get during the interview?
You are applying for MSc Management or MSc Economics & Strategy for Business?

Thx

I applied for the MSc Management program. During my interview, I was asked the typical "Why did you chose this program?". The other questions were geared towards my career interests. For example, I was asked what are some reasons that businesses participate in Corporate Social Responsibility. The interview wasn't bad at all. More like a dialogue really, but you have to prove that you know your stuff. When is yours?

Original post by Frozenace

That's a great idea! Thanks for the tip.
Original post by misse
I applied for the MSc Management program. During my interview, I was asked the typical "Why did you chose this program?". The other questions were geared towards my career interests. For example, I was asked what are some reasons that businesses participate in Corporate Social Responsibility. The interview wasn't bad at all. More like a dialogue really, but you have to prove that you know your stuff. When is yours?

That's a great idea! Thanks for the tip.

2hours later...

wish me goooooooood luck!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending