The Student Room Group

Imperial MSc Management 2012-2013: who applied?

I can't seem to find any threads about Imperial's MSc Management programme specifically, so thought I'd start one. I applied before Christmas and have had an English competency interview on the phone about 2 or 3 weeks ago, but that is it so far.

So who else applied? And has anyone heard back yet?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by iampudge
I can't seem to find any threads about Imperial's MSc Management programme specifically, so thought I'd start one. I applied before Christmas and have had an English competency interview on the phone about 2 or 3 weeks ago, but that is it so far.

So who else applied? And has anyone heard back yet?

I submitted my application a couple of weeks ago, but my 2nd referee only sent my reference earlier this week. I'm still waiting for a response, but I expect I won't hear anything from them for another month.

Is that the only interview then? Is there a skype interview?
Reply 2
Apparently this year they've gotten the highest number of applications ever... not very reassuring. And would probably take them more than a month to respond.

No that is only for the IELTS waiver. There is a skype interview later in the process.
Reply 3
Apparently this year they've gotten the highest number of applications ever... not very reassuring. And would probably take them more than a month to respond.

No that is only for the IELTS waiver. There is a skype interview later in the process.

I need to finish my application and I hope to have it submitted soon. *Sigh* I just got an offer from King's and I have exactly a month to decide. I'm also waiting to hear back from UCL. Getting accepted to Imperial would be great, but I don't want to completely give up other opportunities in the meantime. Especially with the higher number of applicants making things more competitive.

I'm not overly fazed by the competition to be honest. I'm waiting on responses from Warwick and UCL as well. I think my application is quite strong (predicted a first class honours in Engineering, hopefully decent references, and I also put a lot of time in my personal statement and the questions we were given). If I don't get in this year I'll just apply next year, but at a much earlier stage. I regret leaving my applications latish, as I would have also applied to Cambridge and perhaps taken the GMAT and also given the LSE and LBS a shot.

Out of curiosity, where did you hear this news from? Regarding the competition for places?
Reply 5
How do you know they get the highest number of applications this year?

Btw I got an offer a month ago and has already accepted it.
Reply 6
Original post by Garam Masala

I'm not overly fazed by the competition to be honest. I'm waiting on responses from Warwick and UCL as well. I think my application is quite strong (predicted a first class honours in Engineering, hopefully decent references, and I also put a lot of time in my personal statement and the questions we were given). If I don't get in this year I'll just apply next year, but at a much earlier stage. I regret leaving my applications latish, as I would have also applied to Cambridge and perhaps taken the GMAT and also given the LSE and LBS a shot.

Out of curiosity, where did you hear this news from? Regarding the competition for places?

I heard it from someone I know doing MSc Finance at Imperial this year and she's one of the 'student embassador' thingies.
Reply 7
Original post by vinc10

Original post by vinc10
How do you know they get the highest number of applications this year?

Btw I got an offer a month ago and has already accepted it.

Congrats! When did you submit your application? I'm getting edgy since I submitted it way back in December :frown:
Reply 8
Hey guys.... I had applied for it a month ago....and have been shortlisted for the interview which is on 13th feb. Hope I get through it :smile::smile:
Reply 9
Congrats! When did you submit your application? I'm getting edgy since I submitted it way back in December :frown:

I applied when the application opens in early November, but mine wasn't fully completed (with all the references) until early December.
Original post by vinc10
I applied when the application opens in early November, but mine wasn't fully completed (with all the references) until early December.

Congratulations! Was the interview difficult? What sort of questions were asked?
I applied, but not until the 23rd of January. I'm expecting at least another 3 weeks wait.
I just got the email scheduling my interview today. 1st of March.
Original post by Chaaalieboy
I just got the email scheduling my interview today. 1st of March.

Same here, but 26th of February. They received my full application last Monday I think. Fingers crossed! Any idea what they are going to ask? I've been trying to ask TSR members who have obtained offers the sort of questions they were asked, but with no luck.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 14
I applied to the MSc economics & Strategy for Business, sent my application early December.

Someone mentioned/asked before - YES you will have a skype interview, but (as far as I know) there is no face-to-face interview.

I received a conditional offer (2:1) a week later! (they say it takes up to 2 weeks after the interview)

I hope that helps!
Same here, but 26th of February. They received my full application last Monday I think. Fingers crossed! Any idea what they are going to ask? I've been trying to ask TSR members who have obtained offers the sort of questions they were asked, but with no luck.

From what I found through my research, they aren't the typical "Why ICL? What do you want to do?" questions. They ask you to respond to different management, or work related situations.

I dunno, tho, I still haven't had the interview. We'll see.
Reply 16
From what I found through my research, they aren't the typical "Why ICL? What do you want to do?" questions. They ask you to respond to different management, or work related situations.

I dunno, tho, I still haven't had the interview. We'll see.

Prepare to answer questions related to the economy,

e.g. financial crisis, steve jobs (apple), will the euro survive? - I would assume the questions depend on the interviewer, but make sure that you are on top of current business news/issues! good luck!
Original post by st_pg
Prepare to answer questions related to the economy,

e.g. financial crisis, steve jobs (apple), will the euro survive? - I would assume the questions depend on the interviewer, but make sure that you are on top of current business news/issues! good luck!

Have you had this interview?
Just had the interview today. I feel I did very well, but when I get nervous I tend to behave a little cocky/arrogant. I know this really pisses off the Brits, and I tried to tone it down, but who knows.

She said I shoud hear back in week or so.
Just had the interview today. I feel I did very well, but when I get nervous I tend to behave a little cocky/arrogant. I know this really pisses off the Brits, and I tried to tone it down, but who knows.

She said I shoud hear back in week or so.

Well, you are the opposite of myself. I felt I did average at best, slightly better than my UCL interview last week which was utterly hopeless!

Anyway I did my interview a couple of days ago and I asked about my chances. The person who interviewed me was the programme director himself and he said that I had 'good hope' and that I should expect a response within a few days.

I received my offer a little over 24 hours later and have been shortlisted for an academic excellence scholarship.

Quick Reply

Latest