The Student Room Group

This is England.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Thi...this is England?! ****e im in the wrong country again!
Reply 21
I live in St Helens lol, what pub was it?
Reply 22
Original post by Maccees
I live in St Helens lol, what pub was it?

Boiler Makers Arms.
Go out there and sh** them all.

Disclaimer I am only joking.
sounds like bagdad
Oh Cod, it's the end of the days! Have mercy upon our souls, Nbiru is upon us!
Original post by Kiss
Haha, you haven't been to Kilmarnock or Leith then

My family stayed in Leith for 2 nights a couple of months ago when we were visiting Edinburgh. Wasn't a very nice place :s-smilie:
Reply 27
Original post by Darkphilosopher
My family stayed in Leith for 2 nights a couple of months ago when we were visiting Edinburgh. Wasn't a very nice place :s-smilie:

I live in Leith :smile:
Original post by Kiss
I live in Leith :smile:

*cough* it was a fantastic place *cough* :biggrin:
Reply 29
This is funny fred.
Reply 30
Hello, welcome to planet Earth.
"This is England" - No, it's the town where you live, and said town does not represent the whole country.
Reply 32
If the lad smashed up a woman's car for no reason he deserves his head kicking in. It'll make him think twice about drinking more than he can handle and doing something stupid like that again.
Reply 33
Original post by cakefish
Hello, welcome to planet Earth.

don't you mean mankind? it's a perfect world
Reply 34
i hope those rapists get caught and executed
Reply 35
Original post by Martyn*
Oh dear. Is this England? Is there something wrong with us?

Two young girls get raped about an hour ago. Police swarm in. Whole street comes alive with people. 10 minutes later, one of the neighbours of the adjacent street gets her car smashed in by drunken youths. One youth has been caught (obviously drinking), but the street is swarming with more police now. Pub over the road gets emptied and crowds of people gang up on small lad accused of smashing the car. Two youths then have a fight and one of them is on the road crying his eyes out saying that his brother is going to get killed. And the police want to talk to me, to see if I saw anything.

This town is supposedly the most traditional Christian urban town in the UK. Something has gone wrong. Although there are gangs of youths and hoodies here, they are usually nothing more than stray petty thieves.

Rape, vandalism, vigilantism, murder, anti-social behaviour...all in one night, in less than an hour, in one small area.

Aside from the rape, this all stems down to the fact the 'youths' have no respect and know they can get away with stuff, and the vigilantism comes from the Normal, honest people in the pub because they know the police won't do s*** and the youths will get away with it.

I am on the side of the pub goers.
Reply 36
I apologise for stating the obvious, though the area you live in does not represent the whole of England. (Just to prove a point), where I live those crimes are virtually unheard of.
Really, is that England?

Three cars pass all close by each other. Two young men in duffle coats pass by leisurely, chatting. A white van parks briefly and delivers something to an opposite house. A cat scampers across the road, safely burying itself in a bush before continuing its journey to the window of a flat.

Mundanity, vans, felines and clouds.

THIS IS ENGLAND!!!*shift1*!!1
Reply 38
Original post by Samrout
don't you mean mankind? it's a perfect world

This is true, without us humans, you couldn't get a better place!
Reply 39
Original post by Martyn*
Oh dear. Is this England? Is there something wrong with us?

Two young girls get raped about an hour ago. Police swarm in. Whole street comes alive with people. 10 minutes later, one of the neighbours of the adjacent street gets her car smashed in by drunken youths. One youth has been caught (obviously drinking), but the street is swarming with more police now. Pub over the road gets emptied and crowds of people gang up on small lad accused of smashing the car. Two youths then have a fight and one of them is on the road crying his eyes out saying that his brother is going to get killed. And the police want to talk to me, to see if I saw anything.

This town is supposedly the most traditional Christian urban town in the UK. Something has gone wrong. Although there are gangs of youths and hoodies here, they are usually nothing more than stray petty thieves.

Rape, vandalism, vigilantism, murder, anti-social behaviour...all in one night, in less than an hour, in one small area.

Meanwhile in Liverpool

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending