The Student Room Group

Are you in it for the money?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Stopford
he posted the following in a different thread:

My Mum works in the hospital so I have 'links' to the psychologists. I had work experience with a neuropsychologist. I'm now relying on my Uncle to find me an occupational psychologist because he's up very high in a large business. Links are the best option. :cool:

1. It's funny enough that he's doing a Mickey Mouse degree i.e. Psychology.

2. He relied on his Mum to get work experience.

3. He intends to rely on his Uncle to get a job.

Yet he has the nerve to come in here and say we're just in it for the easy ride.

Ahahahahahahahahaaaha ohhh the irony. I love this :teehee:
Reply 41
I think everybody in here would be lying if they said money wasn't an important factor
Remember not all dentists make tons of money. There are plenty of salaried posts that earn half what a high street practitioner would.

As for me, I don't think dentistry is a viable career option simply for the money. It's a long process and a lot of hard work, and I wouldn't be able to do it without getting some satisfaction and being interested in the job itself.

The combination of problem solving, creativity, and working with the public on a regular basis really appeals to me. That's not to say it isn't nice to know I'll be OK financially, but it's definitely not all about the money!

Quick Reply

Latest