Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Foundation Studies for International Student

This thread is sponsored by:
Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,

I am 17 yrs old and am thinking of pursuing a career as a solicitor. I am currently doing my A levels at a college in Singapore. I have done some research on the net and come across Law Foundation course offered by private college e.g Bellerbys.
    On the other hand, there are a couple of UK universities offering Law Foundation Programme for international students. Besides comparing fees and accomdation experditure, what are the pros and cons between a Law Foundation in Bellerbys and Law Foundation Studies by let's say KCL?

1. Does foundation studies in Uni give me an added advantage for my undergrad
    application into the same Uni?

2. Is the Uni environemnt suitable for 16, 17 plus? My mum is concerned that I might
    not be able to cope well with campus life, feeling loss in a crowd. She feels studing
    alongside people of my age group first will be a better transition to campus life
    subsequenty. Any opinion on campus life in the Uni? Are you very much on your
    own?

Anyone has first hand experience doing either the Foundation studies in Bellerbys or the Foundation Studies for Internationl students in the Uni, please share. Or anyone has any views on this, kindly share. Thanks.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: February 11, 2012
New on TSR

Naughtiest thing you did at school

Did you get away with it or were you punished?

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.