The Student Room Group

1 parent was made redundant 5 months ago but how do i tell student finance this?

i was going through student fianance today and so were my parents, however it seems that thay are interested in my parents' earnings from april 2010-2011. slight problem with that is that 1 of my parents was made redundant at the end of september (and hasn't found work since, even though she has had 25 years in a competitive sector earning £25k a year). Now only 1 of my parents has a jab, that even earning around 17.7k a year gross income (thats like 15k net right). As it is, there is no option on student finance about people who have been made redundant since september 2011, thus I was wondering how do I sort this out?
Reply 1
There is something about if their income is lower this year, it can be based on that.
Reply 2
ring student finance and ask them :smile: but i dont think youd be entitled to anymore money anyway would you as your parents were only earning 25K anyway and that was still the threshold for the maximum aloud ? but either way ring them up on 0845 300 50 90 and ask them :smile:
Reply 3
You fill in the application as usual and then ask for a current year assessment as your circumstances have changed. You will need to provide an estimated income, but beware that if by the end of the year the parent is working again and the income has risen you will be re-assessed and will need to pay back any overpayment made to you as a result of your estimated income being too low.
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending