The Student Room Group

UCL or Manchester for Physics?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Grim Reaper
thanks for the advice!
The problem is I dont want a scientific career, so UCL would be better for business contacts, but Manchester would be more fun, but I know people in UCL, but Manchester has a great department, etc...
So yeah my life dilemma

A lot of physics graduates go into finance post degree and if that's something you are into, then I would pick UCL because they have much greater connections with the larger financial firms since they are in London.
Reply 41
Manchester is great, first year for me. Good tutors, good lectures. Workshops are extremely helpful as there are postgrads walking around to help. Strong department, most people in my year are from south. Personal view

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 42
Hey man I got the same problem dont know which to pick. If you dont mind me asking which one did you go to ? and are you having a good time
Original post by kostin
Hey man I got the same problem dont know which to pick. If you dont mind me asking which one did you go to ? and are you having a good time

I am in the same situation and I could really use some help. I'm completely at a loss!
Original post by kostin

What did you pick in the end

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending