The Student Room Group

Student Finance 2012

Only just started my student finance application today and I'm still getting my head around it.

On the application am I only allowed to apply for one university? On the "Your Course" section I can only pick one university/one course does that mean that choice has to be definite? I'm confused so any help would be good.
Reply 1
Original post by TheLocomotive
Only just started my student finance application today and I'm still getting my head around it.

On the application am I only allowed to apply for one university? On the "Your Course" section I can only pick one university/one course does that mean that choice has to be definite? I'm confused so any help would be good.

The university you select should be your firm choice/ the one going to be your firm choice. You should complete the whole application with only one university/one course. If at a later date, you don't get in to this uni, then you have to call up student finance to get it change to your insurance/other uni. But student finance expect a lot of people to ring up and change later on. They just want you now, to tell them which uni you're most likely to end up going to.
Reply 2
Original post by v2p
The university you select should be your firm choice/ the one going to be your firm choice. You should complete the whole application with only one university/one course. If at a later date, you don't get in to this uni, then you have to call up student finance to get it change to your insurance/other uni. But student finance expect a lot of people to ring up and change later on. They just want you now, to tell them which uni you're most likely to end up going to.

Oh right I see, it's just I'm not particularly sure which of the universities I want to solidly go to. I have offers from 4 of the 5 universities I applies to so far?
Reply 3
It doesn't really matter which you choose, it's just best to get the ball rolling and then later, once you have made up your mind call SF and let them know.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending