The Student Room Group

London College of Fashion - Fashion Journalism

I'm interested in Fashion Journalism at the London College of Fashion, but I've heard it's quite hard to get into. Would these grades be sufficient in getting a place at this university?

Predicted Grades in GCSE

Biology A
Chemistry A
Physics A
Maths A
English Lit&LanA/B
Geography A*
Business B
French B

I'm very interested in fashion and have my own fashion blog and read Vogue every month. Thank you for reading! :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1
Please can someone help me, I haven't received an answer yet and I really need to find out.
Reply 2
Don't worry about GCSE's, worry when it comes to your A Level choices.

Fashion Journalism degrees are funny. How many fashion writers/editors out there have a degree in fashion journalism? Most probably don't have a degree, but a few more than likely have a degree in a box-standard journalism degree. But if you really want to do fashion journalism, then go for it. You never know where it will take you.

And for experience, start working at newspapers, magazines, anywhere that will give you a taste of what its really like working in the industry. As you already own a fashion blog, that's really good, just keep working at it and when it comes to interviews and showing your work off, at least you can say 'Oh and I own a fashion blog, last year I blogged about my visit to London Fashion week...' for example.

Anywho, good luck!
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending