Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to have your say on this topicNew here? Join for free to post

I regret leaving Islam.

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Before atheists/muslims scroll down and neg/pos me I'd like you to take a minute and understand what I'm trying to say.

Leaving Islam and religion in general is the worst thing that has ever happened to me. I am not saying I believe in God now, I still don't and I am a full atheist that can't understand how religious people believe in such nonesence however I do now understand why religion is important to their lives and the lives of so many.
    Life is so empty without religion, when you're religious you're living in a cloud bubble that shields you from the harsh truth and for those of us on the outside we look at those on the inside with contempt but actually we should envy them.

I know not everyone who's left a religion feels the same but it really sucks when you KNOW that after death there is absolutely nothing and life is so empty.

Born atheists don't share this problem because they've never felt the inside of the bubble and don't know how comforting it so to know that even when everything else stops mattering you still have something to hold into.
    It's a bit like the difference between being born blind or turning blind afterwards, the born blinds cope much better.

Anyway, the point of this topic isn't to debate the existence of god.

It's just a message to religious people out there: You are lucky.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Sugar coated bitch slap. Hurts like **** but tastes delicious.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    its the whole red pill/blue pill matrix thing isnt it

but seriously who would really want the red pill? i think its human nature to seek truth
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dont Tread On Me)
    So basically, you want to be deluded into thinking that there's more to life?
    pretty much
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lolipanda)
    its the whole red pill/blue pill matrix thing isnt it

but seriously who would really want the red pill? i think its human nature to seek truth
    this truth is just really really hard to handle, i'm not depressed or anything but damn the scope of it is incredible
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't call living in ignorance, or worse, oppression and intolerance lucky as such.

I was religious up until the age of about 8, purely because I went to a Christian primary school where they taught religion as fact. I finally learnt to question faith and I gave it up. To paraphrase Richard Dawkins, I grew out of my imaginary friend. When I look back on it, I'm disgusted that they did that to me. Clichéd, but I'm free now.

So I don't agree with them being lucky.

EDIT: If you're gonna neg, at least have the decency to quote me / PM me and tell me why.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    So nothing created you and the universe, you just magically appeared?
    • 25 followers

(Original post by facdroit)
    this truth is just really really hard to handle, i'm not depressed or anything but damn the scope of it is incredible
    Then wouldn't it be your own fault because you have insufficient ethics?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I gave you the thumbs up cos I really know what you mean. I mean I was only very vaguely Christian as a child and then realised that I was in fact an atheist but I really wish I did have the comfort of not just dying and that being it.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by suarez7)
    So nothing created you and the universe, you just magically appeared?
    Interesting choice of words there, I would say believing that some kind of deity created the world and the universe in seven days is more magical :rolleyes:
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Before atheists/muslims scroll down and neg/pos me I'd like you to take a minute and understand what I'm trying to say.

Leaving Islam and religion in general is the worst thing that has ever happened to me. I am not saying I believe in God now, I still don't and I am a full atheist that can't understand how religious people believe in such nonesence however I do now understand why religion is important to their lives and the lives of so many.
    Life is so empty without religion, when you're religious you're living in a cloud bubble that shields you from the harsh truth and for those of us on the outside we look at those on the inside with contempt but actually we should envy them.

I know not everyone who's left a religion feels the same but it really sucks when you KNOW that after death there is absolutely nothing and life is so empty.

Born atheists don't share this problem because they've never felt the inside of the bubble and don't know how comforting it so to know that even when everything else stops mattering you still have something to hold into.
    It's a bit like the difference between being born blind or turning blind afterwards, the born blinds cope much better.

Hmmm interesting perspective.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:

So religious people are being shielded from the harsh truth, isn't their faith in religion meant to be the truth?
    What do you mean? Like Creationism "vs." Evolution?

So are you an Atheist but like the feeling/ community feel of a religion?

You say you don't believe in God now, and that you didn't before?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I'm a "born atheist" as you put it, and I know what you mean, just because atheists haven't felt this "bubble" doesn't mean they can't appreciate it. I for one sometimes get freaked out by the concept of nothing beyond death and (this might seem silly...) I get totally freaked out whenever I try to comprehend space and what existence is, and then I just wish I could have the explanation and comfort that religion brings. But as a scientific person I cannot accept religion either, so until scientists can uncover all the mysteries of the universe I'm just going to have to continue freaking myself out with my own thoughts!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Akinfenwa)
    Just because you don't believe in Islam does not mean there cannot be some sort of spirituality/essence after death. You sound like an agnostic theist to me. Chillax there is life not complete nothingness, what makes you think after this life there is nothingness ?
    That's very unlikely. I'm certain there is absolutely nothing after you die just like there was nothing before you were born. Consciousness seazes and that's it.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Akinfenwa)
    Just because you don't believe in Islam does not mean there cannot be some sort of spirituality/essence after death. You sound like an agnostic theist to me. Chillax there is life not complete nothingness, what makes you think after this life there is nothingness ?
    Well people do believe that the World was created "randomly" and that Death is the end.
    No spiritual/ after life.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    You don't know for a fact there isn't life after death.

For all we know, we could all be transported to Disney World in the clouds after we die.

Lighten up a bit.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Funny*Bunny*)
    I'm a "born atheist" as you put it, and I know what you mean, just because atheists haven't felt this "bubble" doesn't mean they can't appreciate it. I for one sometimes get freaked out by the concept of nothing beyond death and (this might seem silly...) I get totally freaked out whenever I try to comprehend space and what existence is, and then I just wish I could have the explanation and comfort that religion brings. But as a scientific person I cannot accept religion either, so until scientists can uncover all the mysteries of the universe I'm just going to have to continue freaking myself out with my own thoughts!
    I am in the same exact situation. I'm sorry I didn't realise born atheists couldn't understand the feeling.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pn94)
    You don't know for a fact there isn't life after death.

For all we know, we could all be transported to Disney World in the clouds after we die.

Lighten up a bit.
    That's the point , that would just be lying to myself again. It was a long harsh journey to finally accept the inexistance of god. I do feel free, but this feeling of freedom feels so empty.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    You can be one of us too! You can be the lucky one too! It's not the end of the world yet- is it? You can still come back to ur religion
    you do not know how glad i m to see such a good post after such a long time.

Life is not empty after death. A Day will come when everything will be destroyed and ALLAH SUBHANA WA TA'ALA will hold the Earth in one of his Hands and roll it and say 'I am the King of the kings'. The graves of the pious people will enlighten and will be made comfortable so that they may rest in peace, but when a disbelieving person dies, and is buried, and when he even hears his relatives weep and then hear their footsteps when they walk away, two angels will come and they will make the person sit down and ask him who is your Lord? so then the disbelieving person will say i do not know, and then the angels will say who do u follow? (or something like this) , so then the disbelieving person will say i used to beliv what th other disbelievers used to say. And then the two angels (who will be sent b ALLAH) will hit the disbelieving person will a iron rod on his head very hardly that he will scream so loud that th surrounding buried people will hear the scream.

It is not too late my dear. LA ILAHA IL ALLAH, MUHAMMAD UR RASOOL ALLAH.

Do not spend ur life under the wrath of ALLAH, my brother/sister in Islam.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Captn)
    Interesting choice of words there, I would say believing that some kind of deity created the world and the universe in seven days is more magical :rolleyes:
    God didnt create the universe in 7 days, not sure where you got that from. Plus if he did create it in 7 days, HES GOD, he could create it in 7 seconds if he wanted to.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 10, 2012
New on TSR

The future of apprenticeships

Join the discussion in the apprenticeships hub!

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.