The Student Room Group

Confused...

Anyway, I've been with this guy for about 5 months now. LDR too so that sucks. We used to get on really well earlier on, but now we argue over the smallest things!

Like, I make myself unavailable to everyone but him, I ignore everyone's advances on me because I have him, and I love him. But he can't do the same! He welcomes the attention and adoration her gets from all the women that come up to him... It bothers me and I've told him, yes. But he says that's how he is, it's difficult that we're so far apart so he can't always hold me and be with me etc etc and then I cool off and forgive him and he goes and does it again anyway!

Then he can't help but go on and on about one of his exes who is apparently pining for him again. I ask him to kindly tell her that he has me, and is not interested in a relationship with her but would gladly be friends, but he says that's too harsh and she (the ex) is too fragile and that would be a prick move esp after everything she's done for him.

Also, another "acquaintance" of him that he says he's "really starting to like", and is not a complete b**** like everyone says she is. And that he'd like to get to know her better. He even says how she cares so much about how much rest he gets. Like, I badger him ALL THE FREAKING TIME to rest up (he's a bit of a workaholic) and I jokingly said, "oh, reminds me of me! haha!" and he said, "really? no you don't, you don't do that O.o (ex's name) does bug me to sleep more though..."

And all this happened in a span of 2 weeks... I don't know what to do or say anymore >.< I've talked to my friends about it yeah, and I have mixed responses. Some say, leave him, he's not worth it, and others say but he's such a sweet guy, he loves only you, they don't matter to him.

So, I am utterly lost and confused... Should I hold on to what we had? The good times? And try and solve this.. whatever this is? Or move on? :/
I'm really sorry to say this, but if it was me I'd move on. It's not unreasonable to ask a partner to be faithful.
Reply 2
Don't have to be sorry... And I'm just weighing out if all the bitterness that happened in a span of 2 weeks is enough to go by to break things up after 5 months of going out and about... 2 months of being friends :/

I'm considering doing to him what he's doing to me actually... See how he likes it... Is that a bad idea? >.<
Original post by Anonymous
Don't have to be sorry... And I'm just weighing out if all the bitterness that happened in a span of 2 weeks is enough to go by to break things up after 5 months of going out and about... 2 months of being friends :/

I'm considering doing to him what he's doing to me actually... See how he likes it... Is that a bad idea? >.<

Not the best idea :rolleyes:
I know how hard it is to describe how much those 7 months have meant to you with just words.

The feelings you have felt then, and feel now are completely unique and that's why you shouldn't let anyones answer on here (including mine) persuade you to do something you're not comfortable doing.

This may be a blip in the relationship caused by the long distance. Might be worth waiting until you meet up next to tell if you're feelings to him have changed, you may develop a stronger bond from all of this. :smile:

After all "You're heart is like a flower as it blooms. It's the rain not just the sun that helps it grow"

I'm sure you will make the right move :smile:
Reply 4
We talked it out, but the acquaintance thing still stands...

AND! He doesn't want to tell her he has a gf... Someone make a guide to understanding the male mind please >.<
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
We talked it out, but the acquaintance thing still stands...

AND! He doesn't want to tell her he has a gf... Someone make a guide to understanding the male mind please >.<

Oh wow. Dangerous, very dangerous.

I recently broke up with my boyfriend of a year for pretty much this exact reason. I'm not suggesting that you jump to that straight away, just saying I've been in your shoes and know how you feel.

Have you asked him why he hasn't told her he has a gf?
Reply 6
I did and he said he doesn't know why... He can tell everyone EXCEPT her that he has a gf...

I totally lost it and lashed out on him. I just told him everything that's been bothering me, with what he's been saying, how he's acting and how ugh it's making me feel. I just stormed off skype so I have no idea what he's said if anything on there and haven't been on since. He's sent me a few texts and calls, which I ignored. I need a REALLY long cool off period...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending