The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE maths linear March 2012

Anyone else taking this exam? How are you preparing for it?
I sat this exam a year ago (in year 10) and came out with a B.
Any advice in getting an A in this specific exam? I really need it.

Any help is appreciated.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm using mymaths, revision guides, past papers etc. I don't care what I get as long as I get at least a C
Reply 2
I'm taking it is well, i have a feeling it's going to be hard!
Reply 3
I hope at least i get above a B ,dont wanna get anything below that!
:frown:
Reply 4
I will be happy with a c seeing as I was 2 marks off a c in november
Reply 5
then you'll surely get it,but i dont bout me! *cringe*!
:smile:
Reply 6
Good luck :smile:
I'm doing it too. Aiming for an A* - it looks mostly OK :biggrin:
Reply 8
iJess didn't you take this exam back in November? why are you resitting.

Ps - I'm taking this exam, I did foundation back in November so I'm doing higher now.
Reply 9
I took higher in november, failed it by 2 marks, it got re-marked and I got to 1 mark off a C, school paid for me to resit so I'm resitting to ge tthat c :smile:
Original post by Alexandra's Box
I'm doing it too. Aiming for an A* - it looks mostly OK :biggrin:

That's the same with me I got an A in year 10 I need an A* good luck :smile:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/images/smilies/smile.png
Original post by hosamthemaster
That's the same with me I got an A in year 10 I need an A* good luck :smile:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/images/smilies/smile.png

Good luck to you too! :smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::biggrin:
Original post by Alexandra's Box
Good luck to you too! :smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::biggrin:

Cheers mate :smile: if you got an Msn we can chat together and revise maths add me if you have me or my facebook hosam123 0:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by hosamthemaster
Cheers mate :smile: if you got an Msn we can chat together and revise maths add me or my facebook hosam123 0:

Thanks for the offer, but sadly I don't have anything but this TSR profile :colondollar:
Sorry!
Should really continue revising... currently switching between this and BBC Bitesize at the moment! :tongue:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 14
Oh, dear Lord...
I sat this exam yesterday. I cried. :s-smilie: I never cry in school! My maths teacher was worried, I managed to sit the paper, but I couldn't think straight. It was REALLY hard! Even my maths teach mimed "F---ing hell!" when he had a flick through it afterwards. LOL. :biggrin:

Was it just me or was the K missing in the "find K" vector question? I did so bad on that paper. I'm still rather upset about it. Cal paper should be easier, hopefully.
Reply 15
That exam was awful and hard! Nothing like the past papers, wtf is up with edexcel???
Original post by aminahp
Oh, dear Lord...
I sat this exam yesterday. I cried. :s-smilie: I never cry in school! My maths teacher was worried, I managed to sit the paper, but I couldn't think straight. It was REALLY hard! Even my maths teach mimed "F---ing hell!" when he had a flick through it afterwards. LOL. :biggrin:

Was it just me or was the K missing in the "find K" vector question? I did so bad on that paper. I'm still rather upset about it. Cal paper should be easier, hopefully.

It was terrible! Whenever I sit a maths paper, I flick through the paper before I write anything, and my god. I don't think my facial expressions have ever changed so much in a such a short period of time. My jaw was just dropping lower and lower, I must've looked like a right fish. I actually tried drawing k on myself for that vector question.

Dammit. I was COUNTING on non calc to get me an A because it is not going to happen with the calc, I'm worse with that! This was my one chance to leave maths forever. AHHHHHHH. I want to murder edexcel with a pitchfork.
Reply 17
it was sooo horrible!! i have i feeling that im gonna fail,so im gonna have to do it june again
wanted to get maths over and done with,clearly not!:frown::frown::frown:
ARRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! im soo upset...:frown::frown:
Reply 18
Original post by The Division Bell
I don't think my facial expressions have ever changed so much in a such a short period of time. My jaw was just dropping lower and lower, I must've looked like a right fish. I actually tried drawing k on myself for that vector question.

Dammit. I was COUNTING on non calc to get me an A because it is not going to happen with the calc, I'm worse with that! This was my one chance to leave maths forever. AHHHHHHH. I want to murder edexcel with a pitchfork.

Me too! I drew on the K, too. I did horribly on that paper. I reckon the calc would be easier, though there's no way of saying. I would've liked an A, I need a B to get out of Maths, but I've lost all hope. I had a panic attack in the hall, I never have panic attacks, my maths teacher tried making me laugh and I nearly choked hahahah! Good luck for tomorrow!!
Original post by The Division Bell
It was terrible! Whenever I sit a maths paper, I flick through the paper before I write anything, and my god. I don't think my facial expressions have ever changed so much in a such a short period of time. My jaw was just dropping lower and lower, I must've looked like a right fish. I actually tried drawing k on myself for that vector question.

retard your supposed to draw k and use it to find out your answer the anwsers are out search on student rooms and the anwser for that was -a+2b

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending