The Student Room Group

GCSE Results day March 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
Original post by BeccaSmall
What board are you for English? I'm on WJEC and most of my year got a B last year, only a few got an A

EDEXCEL.The exam or GCSE?
Reply 201
Original post by thisisjokes
How'd you do? :smile:

Good mate, A* 120/120 UMS! HAHA! Cheers for asking!

Best of luck with your literature and science retakes!
Original post by Dalek1099
EDEXCEL.The exam or GCSE?

Oh, exam, sorry! The Of Mice and Men exam that was in June last year, most people got a B... My school changed from edexcel, they said it was too complicated for the marks scheme.
Original post by BeccaSmall
What board are you for English? I'm on WJEC and most of my year got a B last year, only a few got an A

I'm on WJEC as well. What exam did you take? I took lang unit 2 and literature unit 1. Got both B's last time
Original post by star10159
I'm on WJEC as well. What exam did you take? I took lang unit 2 and literature unit 1. Got both B's last time

I only got one result (B) for English last year which was The Of Mice and Men/Poetry paper.
Reply 205
Original post by Sapien

You do know you will have probably needed 99% of the marks for full marks because English GBs are so tight.I know i haven't done that well-I'll be lucky to get an A.
Reply 206
You do know you will have probably needed 99% of the marks for full marks because English GBs are so tight.I know i haven't done that well-I'll be lucky to get an A.

I wouldn't be so pessimistic! People who were aiming to scrape As got strong A*s and many aiming for Cs got strong Bs!

:lulwut: How is it full marks when its 99%? I think you mean full UMS eh?
Reply 208
I've just seen the AQA grade boundaries and I still think the B2 boundary is high, considering how hard most people found it :dontknow:
Reply 209
Tomorrow's the day guys! Good luck to everyone :biggrin:
Reply 210
Good luck all!

Que Sera, Sera
Whatever Will Be, Will Be
Reply 211
:nooo: I am not looking forward to it. Especially since prior to the unveiling of our results is a rigorous and draining PE Session
Original post by R4INBOW
:nooo: I am not looking forward to it. Especially since prior to the unveiling of our results is a rigorous and draining PE Session

i have p.e tommoz too.... along with r.s and history... what a 'fab' day
Reply 213
Original post by g.k.galloway
i have p.e tommoz too.... along with r.s and history... what a 'fab' day

Indeed. And its even worse since its not just a normal PE session. I have to run a stupid netball tournament, with the addition of managing a bunch of screaming 14 year olds. Not my ideal afternoon :sigh:
Reply 214
are the ocr gateway resits for science coming out tommorow aswell?
Original post by Sapien

Congratulations man! That's unreal!

Thanks, I'm sure I'll need all the luck I can get!
Reply 216
ohhhhhh..... I'm nervous :eek:

I've got Biology (B4, B5, B6), Chemistry (C4,C5,C6), Physics (P4,P5,P6), and English Language grades coming out tomorrow... I'm so scared :sadnod:
Reply 217
Original post by 13yhtac
I've just seen the AQA grade boundaries and I still think the B2 boundary is high, considering how hard most people found it :dontknow:

what are the boundaries? can you tell me the A* and 100 ums boundaries?

hopefully that means that it wasn't as hard as we thought it was :colondollar:
Reply 218
Original post by amirlad
what are the boundaries? can you tell me the A* and 100 ums boundaries?

hopefully that means that it wasn't as hard as we thought it was :colondollar:

CAP(Full UMS)-34
A*-30
Reply 219
Original post by Wintabix
http://store.aqa.org.uk/over/stat_pdf/AQA-GCSE-GDE-BOUND-JAN12.PDF

AQA grade boundaries, anyone think the B2 grade boundaries are still quite high? Considering how hard it was :frown:

Not really - dropping a third of the marks and still getting an A*? I'm cool with that! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest