The Student Room Group

GCSE Results day March 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Al-Roubaie
Yeh I did the same English exam as you, and it is 40% as far as I know, is your exam board OCR?

Nope, I'm with AQA. I hate it! What were your questions like for your OCR one?
Reply 61
Original post by raff:)

I do Edexcel and the questions are 2 part question on the book you studied,one on extract and one on another part of the book(16 and 24 Marks) and a 24 mark question on writing.
did anyone here do the january wjec english lit or wjec maths?
waiting for RS ethics result and one of the AS Critical Thinking units result. well nervous!
Reply 64
Original post by Dalek1099
They were pretty much all written question with an extended writing piece about Brazil and using ethanol instead of crude oil for fuels in Brazil eg sugar cane fermentation,etc and there was a question about extracting oil from lavender plant trough steam distillation,a question about how car fumes like nitrogen oxide and sulfur dioxide re made,a question about balancing equations,a question about protons, neutrons and electrons an a question about the mantle and Wegner etc.

omg I actually want to cry..that sounds soo hard :frown:
Reply 65
Original post by tr3sbelle
omg I actually want to cry..that sounds soo hard :frown:

it was but there should be low grade boundaries maybe as low as 40/60=66.7% for an A*:colondollar:
Your awating less results than me and i'm in Y10 :eek: unless your school packs them all in this June.

Well I've already done 2 maths exams, an English exam and 4 science exams, as well as 'Controlled Assessments' for English Lang, Lit, Science, French, History, Humanities, PE...
About 10 exams in May/June! Fun.
Reply 67
Original post by Alexandra's Box
Well I've already done 2 maths exams, an English exam and 4 science exams, as well as 'Controlled Assessments' for English Lang, Lit, Science, French, History, Humanities, PE...
About 10 exams in May/June! Fun.

You've completed lots of coursework -I have done 12 external examinations already and i'm only in Y10:redface:including 4 resits.I have completed all Coursework in Literature,some of language,some ICT,some Business,some PE and all coursework in German, i completed a full GCSE in it in Y9(Grade A:biggrin:).My school likes to spred out exams easily instead of packing them all in the summer of Y11
Reply 68
Original post by raff:)

It wasn't bad, I basically have to answer 4 questions which in total make up 80 marks, and the last question is 40 marks so I have to write a article/blog or whatever they ask but yeh it was good. What about yours?
Reply 69
I'm waiting for results in Biology-B2 , Chemistry-C3 and Physics-P2. I'm also waiting to see what i've got in Sociology-Unit 2.

Come on examiners at AQA - Be impressed by my efforts :smile:

8th March 2012 - 22 days left xD
Reply 70
Original post by dalek1099
i'm in y10 currently and this is going to be as big a day as august 2011 was for me, in y9.i'm awaiting 5 results.chemistry unit 1,physics unit 1,geography-coasts,english language-writers voice and english lit-understanding prose.what results are you getting?and does anyone know the date?

why the negs and no quotes?
it was but there should be low grade boundaries maybe as low as 40/60=66.7% for an A*:colondollar:

Really. 2/3 marks for an A*? Don't get your hopes up.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by matty123
AQA B2 results. The hardest Biology exam ever.

I completely agree! My teacher said there were some things which were meant to be in the AS level syllabus, not GCSE o_O
Reply 73
Original post by American Vampire
Really. 2/3 marks for an A? Don't get your hopes up.

For an A* and in the specimen it was 43/60 for an A* in chemistry and this paper was harder than the specimen.
For an A* and in the specimen it was 43/60 for an A* in chemistry and this paper was harder than the specimen.

No way, that's awesome! What did you have to do for a C, write your name?
You've completed lots of coursework -I have done 12 external examinations already and i'm only in Y10:redface:including 4 resits.I have completed all Coursework in Literature,some of language,some ICT,some Business,some PE and all coursework in German, i completed a full GCSE in it in Y9(Grade A:biggrin:).My school likes to spred out exams easily instead of packing them all in the summer of Y11

Yes - everyone's sick of it! Luckily I haven't needed to resit but lots of people have. Everyone hates the AiDA we have to do in IT - it's just one big boring project. :bored:
Well done on your Y9 A! Good luck with all your other exams. :smile:
Reply 76
No way, that's awesome! What did you have to do for a C, write your name?

I see this isn't the first time you've gone to a thread and started mocking someone... however I agree with you on this one. 43/60 for an A* is just ridiculous....
Original post by Al-Roubaie
I see this isn't the first time you've gone to a thread and started mocking someone... however I agree with you on this one. 43/60 for an A* is just ridiculous....

Wasn't mocking anyone, I just was surprised at how low the grade boundaries were.
Is there anyone waiting on their history results? in march?
Reply 79
Wasn't mocking anyone, I just was surprised at how low the grade boundaries were.

Okay if you seriously think what you said wasnt mocking you need to go search up what mocking really is.

Quick Reply

Latest