The Student Room Group

GCSE Results day March 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Has anyone got IGCSE edexcel 2012 question papers and mark schemes?
Reply 81
Original post by American Vampire
Really. 2/3 marks for an A? Don't get your hopes up.

Lol you'll be surprised...

I think in my biology exam last summer (AQA B2) it was only 26/45 for an A* and 29/45 for 100 UMS.
Reply 82
Original post by usycool1

I think in my biology exam last summer (AQA B2) it was only 26/45 for an A* and 29/45 for 100 UMS.

It was. The B2 exam i January was also MUCH harder than the june one... It was basically all 'How Science Works' questions (the January one).
Original post by usycool1

Hell, in my B2 it was 36/40 for an A*.
Original post by Al-Roubaie
Okay if you seriously think what you said wasnt mocking you need to go search up what mocking really is.

All I said was that the grade boundaries were ridiculously low. How is that in any way "mocking"?
I see this isn't the first time you've gone to a thread and started mocking someone... however I agree with you on this one. 43/60 for an A* is just ridiculous....

You've also said that you've agreed with me. Nice work.
Original post by Claree
I'm awaiting a mixture of A levels and GCSE results. I'm in year 11.

GCSE: Biology, Chemistry and Physics AQA Unit 2, and EPQ (Extended project GCSE level) (unless school are submitting my EPQ in summer instead)
Edexcel A level maths modules C4 and D1.
I'm only really nervous about C4. D1 I don't need anything in for an A*, and GCSE sciences should be fine.

Good luck everyone!

You're studying A level maths alongside GCSEs? I didn't even think that was possible, some people at my school are doing an additional IGCSE maths component/qualification but isn't C4 A2 level maths?
Reply 87
Original post by matty123
It was. The B2 exam i January was also MUCH harder than the june one... It was basically all 'How Science Works' questions (the January one).

Yes, I completely agree with you, the B2 paper in January was horrible. Just hoping for low grade boundaries now :smile: as this paper was harder than the June one, you reckon there's a chance that you will need lower than 26 for an A*? :P
Reply 88
Original post by Wintabix
Yes, I completely agree with you, the B2 paper in January was horrible. Just hoping for low grade boundaries now :smile: as this paper was harder than the June one, you reckon there's a chance that you will need lower than 26 for an A*? :P

I hope so! :colone:
Reply 89
Original post by benpearson1
You're studying A level maths alongside GCSEs? I didn't even think that was possible, some people at my school are doing an additional IGCSE maths component/qualification but isn't C4 A2 level maths?

Yes, as I'm self-teaching A level maths because I did GCSE maths in year 9. Then I did C1 and C2 in January of year 10, C3 and S1 in June of year 10, and then this January I did C4 and D1. I have the timetabled maths lessons for the rest of the yeargroup free to work through the A level stuff at my own pace and school supply textbooks for me. :smile:
Reply 90
Original post by Wintabix

Less than 26 will probably be enough for an A*, in most people's opinions it was far harder than any other past B2 paper on this specification. In June the A* boundary was 26 and this January's paper was much harder.
Reply 91
Original post by Claree
Less than 26 will probably be enough for an A*, in most people's opinions it was far harder than any other past B2 paper on this specification. In June the A* boundary was 26 and this January's paper was much harder.

Really hope that will happen, otherwise i'd be so annoyed :mad:
Reply 92
i have B1 P1 and ocr maths unit B
Reply 93
It wasn't bad, I basically have to answer 4 questions which in total make up 80 marks, and the last question is 40 marks so I have to write a article/blog or whatever they ask but yeh it was good. What about yours?

Ah cool. We have 6 questions in total. We are given 3 texts and the first 3 questions are about each text and are worth 8 marks each. In the 4th question we have to compare the language used in two texts and that's worth 16 marks.The last 2 questions are the writing paper; question 5 we have to write to inform/describe/explain and that's worth 16 marks and then the last question is worth 24 marks and we have to either write to argue or persuade. :smile:
Hey, I'm in year 11. Getting back my GCSE Results for Biology(B1B2B3), Chemistry (C1C2C3) and Physics (P1P2P3). Also, getting AS-Level ICT paper 1 back; really nervous about this one as it is 50% of the whole AS :\
Reply 95
You've also said that you've agreed with me. Nice work.

Did I say in any way that mocking was bad? No, I said its not the first time you've been mocking someone, and I agreed with you that the grade boundaries were ridiculously low. Nice work.
Did I say in any way that mocking was bad? No, I said its not the first time you've been mocking someone, and I agreed with you that the grade boundaries were ridiculously low. Nice work.

You chastised me for mocking someone, making mocking bad. Nice work.
(edited 12 years ago)

You chastised me for mocking someone, making mocking bad. Nice work.

If you two have a quarrel to be settled please do the polite thing and take it to the Private Message System and not spam this results thread with your bickering. Thank you.
Reply 98
English and two sciences.
Under 2 weeks :frown: scared and excited at the same time eek

Quick Reply

Latest