Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

24 hopefully starting Ma in social work some advise about living out

Announcements Posted on
Post on TSR and win a prize! Find out more... 10-04-2014
Interview Discussion 30-01-2014
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,
    My names Gem and I am hoping to start a masters in social work this coming September either at LJMU/ MMU or Salford

I am looking to move out while at university but I am worried about not knowing anyone. I did the whole move out with strangers when I was 18 and it was within a halls of residence.

I'm worried this will be harder now i'm 24 and classed as a mature student? although i still feel about 18! lol.

I was wondering if anyone had some advise for me

sorry i posted this 2x i didnt notice there was a postgrad forum
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    You need to suck it up and move out...you're not getting any younger.

Join fb groups, check out the uni forums and make friends. I kinda feel the same about being nervous about being away from home - but tbh its perfectly normal give it a few weeks you wouldn't wanna move back home lolol
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    im not worried about living on my own, iv lived out quite a few times, im just worried about who i will end up living with as i dont want to be stuck with undergrads (no offence to them lol) or people who already know each other
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey Gem, did you get a place at Salford? I'm starting my MA in social work there in Sept
Updated: June 21, 2012
Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.