The Student Room Group

Student finance mum moved in with her boyfriend

Hey does anyone know if my student finance will be affected? i dont want to go and put just my mums income if i have to put her boyfriends too but dont want to put his if im not supposed too
im just trying to fill out student finance for next year ill be going into my 3rd year the only difference this year is that my mum moved in with her boyfriend. Will his income have to be taken into account aswell? i cant find an answer online as he moved in recently but after the tax year that student finance are asking for im soooo confused !
any help would be majorly appreciated !

Edit: thanks guys! Just want to make it clear I only asked to make sure Definatley don't want to scam to get more money than I'm entitled to! (guessing that's what the neg rep was for!)
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by DaniLou17
Hey does anyone know if my student finance will be affected? i dont want to go and put just my mums income if i have to put her boyfriends too but dont want to put his if im not supposed too
im just trying to fill out student finance for next year ill be going into my 3rd year the only difference this year is that my mum moved in with her boyfriend. Will his income have to be taken into account aswell? i cant find an answer online as he moved in recently but after the tax year that student finance are asking for im soooo confused !
any help would be majorly appreciated !

Yes. His income will count too.
Original post by OU Student
Yes. His income will count too.

Really? Isn't it only for parents / guardians (ie they'd have to be married)?
Reply 3
Original post by Architecture-er

No. It's based on household income.
Sorry lovely - it's household income - so his'll have to go down too!
Reply 5
Original post by Architecture-er

Pretend he doesn't live there...
Reply 6
Yes, his income will have to be counted too.

SF will ask for proof that she's single if you provide only her information, and if you lie, and are found out (and it does happen...) you will have to repay everything you've been given immediately and will have no further SF support.

Spose you've got to decide if it's a risk you want to take.
Reply 7
Original post by Muffinz
Pretend he doesn't live there...

Definatley won't be doing that!!!
Reply 8
Original post by Shani
Yes, his income will have to be counted too.

SF will ask for proof that she's single if you provide only her information, and if you lie, and are found out (and it does happen...) you will have to repay everything you've been given immediately and will have no further SF support.

Spose you've got to decide if it's a risk you want to take.

Thank you! Deffo not a risk I'm willing or want to take only want what im entitled too dont want anymore was hard enough to prove in the first year shes separated !

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending