The Student Room Group

Unpopular Football Opinions

Scroll to see replies

Milan have a realistic chance of knocking out Barcelona
Reply 601
Bolton will stay up.
Original post by simoncino
Milan have a realistic chance of knocking out Barcelona

Aren't Thiago Silva and Ibrahimovic out for the Barcelona matches? That would be a massive loss.
Original post by CB91
Aren't Thiago Silva and Ibrahimovic out for the Barcelona matches? That would be a massive loss.

Is Ibra suspended?

Nesta is back for Milan. And Gattuso has returned too, which will boost morale.
Original post by Kevmeister
Is Ibra suspended?

Nesta is back for Milan. And Gattuso has returned too, which will boost morale.

I'm not sure about Ibra, but on this link it says Silva is out and Nesta won't be 100%, however, this one says he's doubtful. I guess we'll have to wait and see. :dontknow:

Either way, without Silva and possibly Nesta I can't see Milan containing Messi and co.
(edited 12 years ago)
Sunderland is a bigger club than Newcastle.

Chelsea is a bigger club overall than Spurs.

Players like Nani and Anderson are overrated.
Reply 606
Wigan will go down.
Reply 607
Again, how is that unpopular?
Reply 608
Original post by Mess.

because everyone loves Wigan :judge:
Reply 609
Original post by Mess.

I'm pretty sure that he just writes any crap to bump his threads up.
Reply 610
England are one of the top football nations in Europe.
Clarence Seedorf gets too much praise.
Original post by TRS-T
England are one of the top football nations in Europe.

Trouble is, we should be one of the top football nations in the world. We've got everything going for us, we're just fundamentally incapable of making use of our advantages.

But, if you want an unpopular opinion, I stand by my absolute belief that football should introduce video refs. And I don't mean goalline technology which is an expensive, pointless, politically-motivated waste of time. I mean video refs who can decide in a matter of seconds about the important offside, foul and handball decisions.
Original post by kingsholmmad
Trouble is, we should be one of the top football nations in the world. We've got everything going for us, we're just fundamentally incapable of making use of our advantages.

But, if you want an unpopular opinion, I stand by my absolute belief that football should introduce video refs. And I don't mean goalline technology which is an expensive, pointless, politically-motivated waste of time. I mean video refs who can decide in a matter of seconds about the important offside, foul and handball decisions.

Why do you say that England should be??

I completely agree on the second point.

Original post by bluenose14

Why? This man is pure class

I completely agree on the second point.

Why? This man is pure class

He's clearly a good player but I don't think he's ever been world class. He seems like a nice guy and maybe this is why he gets the praise that he does.
Reply 615

Agreed.

Was watching Milan-Barca last night and heard the commentators gushing about Seedorf.

Thought to myself, when has Seedorf ever been a world class player?

All he's done is win the Champions League a few times.
He's clearly a good player but I don't think he's ever been world class. He seems like a nice guy and maybe this is why he gets the praise that he does.

Purely from a Milan fanboy perspective, from 2002-2007 he came as close to world class as I can envision.

Even today, his touch, control, skill on the ball is a class above the rest.
(edited 12 years ago)
That's probably the case to be fair. I can't say I've ever watched a lot of Italian football. It's just that whenever I've seen him play in the champions league I've never been blown away. You've probably seen a lot more of him though with a username like 'simoncino''.:wink:
1. The excessive hysteria about the under-representation of black managers in the football league.

It is complete nonsense for a number of reasons.

2. Brian Kilcline should be decorated to at least CBE level

3. (Not unpopular, nevertheless slightly unconventional) A British team should consider signing Kyaw Ko Ko because I would like to turn on Match of the Day and see a young Myanmarese person running rings around Rio Ferdinand and the like

(^ WPM issues might prove an obstacle)

We've got as much history of international success (and over a longer period) than just about any other country (at club level, at least). We've got all the infrastructure at every level that should be sufficient to make any national team successful. There is more money floating around in English football than in just about any other country.

It's our national game; we've been playing it longer than just about anybody; why can't we put together a decent side?

Quick Reply

Latest