The Student Room Group

Unpopular Football Opinions

Scroll to see replies

Reply 820
I think it's quite ridiculous how footballer's get paid millions of pounds a year and sometimes they can't even do the simple things on a football pitch, such as beat the first man on a corner kick.
Di Mateo shouldn't have been sacked
Original post by CB91
Both are brilliant players but I wouldn't say they're the best in their role atm.

They're seriously underrated, in any case. Neither were even nominated for the FIFPro World XI. Dunno, kinda just irks me.
Luis Suarez is the best player in this league, and would get into every team in the world. This is an opinion I've had since we signed him.
Original post by jam277
Mourinho is the best manager there is. Won two champions leagues titles with teams not considered as the best at the time and has always brought something new to each club he's been, got a porto team that was doing poor in their league to clean sweep, got a chelsea team to get it's first title in 50 years and made that team the best team in the world at the time, got an inter team to win the first italian treble and in that time frame was unbeaten at home in the league and wrestled a league title of potentially the greatest team of all time. Tell me a manager who has gone over 150 games unbeaten at home in their domestic league, got 100 points in a domestic league, got 100+ goals 2 seasons in a row, got 29 clean sheets in a season and only conceded 15 goals.

You can go with that alex ferguson all day and how him and wenger do well with their lack of resources. But mourinho's record in the modern day is unsurpassed by anyone, he's never been below 2nd place with any of his teams when he's had a full season in charge, he probably had the same amount of money at inter that SAF had at united and I'm willing to bet my life that at porto he had less money than arsene wenger yet has as good if not better record than both of them, has mourinho ever gone a season trophyless when he's managed the team a whole season? Yeah you can say neither has guardiola, but guardiola managed for four years and couldn't handle the stress, mourinho has managed for over 10 years.

Agreed. Mourinho is miles ahead. Wenger and Fergie trump him in terms of creating a legacy at their clubs, something Mourinho has only done inadvertently (ie, every time he leaves a club, they fall apart). Once he wins the Decima for Madrid, he could justifiably call himself the greatest ever.
Reply 825
As a player, I like John Terry.
Reply 826
Suarez is the best player in England.

The referees favor Man United.

Joey Barton is an entertaining player.

The SPL is a joke.
Reply 827
Juan Mata is one of the five best players in the world based on performance's this season.
Reply 828
Original post by Musester
Juan Mata is one of the five best players in the world based on performance's this season.

That's not unpopular, just wrong. He wasn't great for the first few weeks of the season.
I like joey barton
I also like el hadj diouf
Original post by Fraaace
Suarez is the best player in England.

The referees favor Man United.

Joey Barton is an entertaining player.

The SPL is a joke.

That's true, I agree with all of them but not too much about the first one.
Jonjo Shelvey...The next Steven Gerrard?
Reply 833
Original post by Mess.
That's not unpopular, just wrong. He wasn't great for the first few weeks of the season.

Still earned a few assists. Can't be wrong if it's an opinion.
Original post by Musester
Still earned a few assists. Can't be wrong if it's an opinion.

Opinions can most certainly be wrong, or at least completely unfounded.

Otherwise I could say Stewart Downing is the best football player on the face of the earth, if not of all time. Not wrong, just an opinion :rolleyes:
Reply 835
Original post by justinawe
Opinions can most certainly be wrong, or at least completely unfounded.

Otherwise I could say Stewart Downing is the best football player on the face of the earth, if not of all time. Not wrong, just an opinion :rolleyes:

But your right...
Reply 836
I'm a Stoke fan so any opinion i have once people find this out is unpopular.

But i am of the opinion that we're not just a team full of anti-football rugby playing thugs :O
Original post by Cannotbelieveit
The Champions League is better than the World Cup and Euro's.

That's arguable. The CL is usually very predictable and usually ends up with the big boys in the semi final and final. Euro's and world cup on the other hand are very unpredictable, obviously you have the likes of spain who everyone knows will make the semi final at the very least but apart from that its very unpredictable. Take 2002 world cup for example where south Korea beat Italy to reach the semi's and Senegal beat France(the winners of the previous WC). 2006 WC we had a young German team playing some fluid football and catching everyone by surprise, add to that zidane's performance against Brazil and Italy and the head-butt and you've got some pretty memorable moments.
Theres too many glory hunters about.

"I supported Man City before they were rich honest"
or
"I've always supported Man U (but never attempted to even go and watch one of the games in the decade they have supported them)".

Apologies to Genuine fans, it's just disappointing to see local people turn their backs on their team when results go sour to go support one of the top 3/4 teams instead.
pardew loses the next few games and he'll get sacked, 8 year contract or not.

Quick Reply

Latest