The Student Room Group

Unpopular Football Opinions

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by Tommyjw
Rooney > Suarez,

I so hate to agree with you, but I have to. Suarez on current form is little better than the plank of wo-sorry, Andy Carroll.

Original post by KingMessi
Couldn't agree more. Also:

There are far, far more important things to worry about both in football and in the world than whether two grown men spend a fraction of a second shaking hands or not.

Agreed with both you and JGR. It's silly boys and handbags, and they all need to get a grip. Suarez made a fuss, Evra made it worse. Pathetic, imo.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 101
Original post by bluenose14
There's more to a player than just scoring goals. Gomez is more of a poacher. Whereas Rooney can dictate play at times.

Like I said earlier im talking purely as a striker... who scored goals.
Reply 102
Tottenham are overrated.
Reply 103

I hope you are joking, if you really believe that the Premier league is more competitive than the Bundesliga then you are seriously deluded.
De Gea doesn't deserve half of the abuse he gets from the media.

Iniesta is actually incredible. A truly unselfish player with incredible technique, who always raises his game for big games.

Messi plays extremely well for Argentina, contrary to what a lot of people believe. Just because he doesn't score as much, people assume he does nothing, which is wrong. He's more of a creator, which speaks volumes for how good he is.

Pele is incredibly overrated. He wasn't even the best of his time (Garrincha)

Both Evra and Suarez have acted like little girls.

Diving is sickening. It is cheating and ruining the game. Referees need to be a lot harder on players that dive.

Players should not surround the ref. Perhaps similar to rugby, where the captain can only speak to him.

GARETH BALE IS NOT GOD.
Reply 105
Harry Redknapp is tactically inept, and therefore isn't the best candidate for England manager.
Reply 106
Original post by RajPopat94
De Gea doesn't deserve half of the abuse he gets from the media.

Iniesta is actually incredible. A truly unselfish player with incredible technique, who always raises his game for big games.

Messi plays extremely well for Argentina, contrary to what a lot of people believe. Just because he doesn't score as much, people assume he does nothing, which is wrong. He's more of a creator, which speaks volumes for how good he is.

Pele is incredibly overrated. He wasn't even the best of his time (Garrincha)

Both Evra and Suarez have acted like little girls.

Diving is sickening. It is cheating and ruining the game. Referees need to be a lot harder on players that dive.

Players should not surround the ref. Perhaps similar to rugby, where the captain can only speak to him.

GARETH BALE IS NOT GOD.

I agree with everything you've said apart from Bale. Overrated? Yes. Good though? Yes.
Original post by Felineyx
I can go with this mostly. Webb is, however, United's twelfth man. How else can one man get so many decisions wrong - and almost entirely in the favour of the same team?

I so hate to agree with you, but I have to. Suarez on current form is little better than the plank of wo-sorry, Andy Carroll.

Agreed with both you and JGR. It's silly boys and handbags, and they all need to get a grip. Suarez made a fuss, Evra made it worse. Pathetic, imo.

Perhaps. Perhaps, but even in the Chelsea game he let Cahill stay on when he really should've been sent off - and, whilst this is all conjecture, I doubt we'd have even been 3-0 up if we had been down to ten men in the first half. Also, whilst the penalties were both harsh, I think there was probably just enough in them to make giving a penalty an understandable, albeit frustrating, decision.

The only time I've ever thought that a referee may be biased, consciously or subconsciously, was Tom Henning Ovrebo in that infamous Champions League semi-final, but even that was only for a few minutes after the game. In general, I think that referees just aren't up to scratch; events happen so fast that they have to make a split-second decision which hugely reduces the chance of that decision being correct.

Thank you. It's nice to find someone - anyone - who actually believes that the Suarez incident is utterly inconsequential.

Errm, what?

Bundesliga is far more competitive than the PL, no question.
Original post by Jordan_1
I agree with everything you've said apart from Bale. Overrated? Yes. Good though? Yes.

Hahah, it's been months of frustration built into that comment. But yes, I agree :smile:
Reply 110
David Villa, Messi, Ronaldo, Van Persie Gomez, Eto? Aguero and Suarez I could argue are better than him purely as a striker.

Villa is not what he use to be. Messi and ronaldo arent strikers. Ill give you van persie. Rooney is a better player than the rest.

Like i said, there arent many strikers better then him. Hes easily in the top 5 atleast, which makes him world class, even if he is inconsistent.
Reply 111
Original post by Alofleicester
Errm, what?

Bundesliga is far more competitive than the PL, no question.

Have a word with yourself.
Reply 112
Original post by Tommyjw
Rooney > Suarez, Eto, Gomez, Villa & Aguero. RVP is a better striker but Rooney is better player overall for a team. RVP sitll edges it overall imo though

:lol:

There's a good reason that's an unpopular opinion. It's *******s.
Reply 113
Original post by Dbrown18
Have a word with yourself.

How is the Premier League more competitive? Please explain...
Reply 114
Original post by Laertes
:lol:

There's a good reason that's an unpopular opinion. It's *******s.

I wasnt stating it because it was unpopular, i was responding to someone elses posts.

If you think its unpopular. Go google it yourself
I don't care if the next England manager is entirely unproven or with a strong track-record, we need a manager willing to change the status quo of Gerrard, Terry, Rooney 4-4-2 that has never worked. We need a dynamic formation which includes extensive use of our younger players or the most passionate players, or a manager that can put pride in English nationality.

Not really controversial, just wanted to say ;P
Reply 116
How is the Premier League more competitive? Please explain...

The fact that a team bottom of the table cant beat a team 3-2 away at the top of the table. The fact that a team only promoted last season has a decent chance of getting a europa league place. The fact that there is currently 7 teams battling for 4 champions league places. The fact that on their day, any team can get a win despite their opponents.

Bayern finishing 3rd last year means nothing. Theres only one team, clubs outside germany are wary of, and thats bayern. There are atleast 7 in the premier league.
Original post by Dbrown18
The fact that a team bottom of the table cant beat a team 3-2 away at the top of the table. The fact that a team only promoted last season has a decent chance of getting a europa league place. The fact that there is currently 7 teams battling for 4 champions league places. The fact that on their day, any team can get a win despite their opponents.

Bayern finishing 3rd last year means nothing. Theres only one team, clubs outside germany are wary of, and thats bayern. There are atleast 7 in the premier league.

The entire first paragraph has happened multiple times in the Bundesliga recently. The idea that the Bundesliga is more competitive is due to the fact that more teams compete for the title every year than the amount of teams that compete for the Premier League: that is indisputable.

The second paragraph has no bearing on the competitiveness of the league. Bayern are renowned as a huge team because of sustained success in the competition as well as European success.
Reply 118
Original post by Tommyjw
I wasnt stating it because it was unpopular, i was responding to someone elses posts.

If you think its unpopular. Go google it yourself

You've converted me. I'm convinced.
Original post by StateSchooler95
Wayne Rooney is the only reason United are up there this year in the premier league, you people don't understand football.. all you see is the goal and the celebration.

the reason man u are 'up there' is cos the rest of the league is poor quality.

Quick Reply

Latest