The Student Room Group

Unpopular Football Opinions

Do you think you have any Football opinion(s) that could be considered unpopular or even 'controversial'?
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by hbk4894
Do you think you have any Football opinion(s) that could be considered unpopular or even 'controversial'?

No, I just follow exactly what Sky Sports says like everyone else on here.
Reply 2
"Suarez is not a dick".

It was meant to unpopular for a reason.
(edited 12 years ago)
Messi is not the best player of all time, don't know why so many deluded idiots on this site seem to think that
Reply 4
Harry Redknapp should not be England manager.

I seem to be in the minority here and I'll have to wait about 2 years until I'm proved right. :sad:
Reply 5
Football is pointless and should be replaced by something less rowdy.
Original post by rainbow_kisses
Messi is not the best player of all time, don't know why so many deluded idiots on this site seem to think that

All time - no, still got a way to go to catch up with the likes of Pele, Puskas, Di Stefano & Maradona, but certainly the best player around right now.

I don't think I do - I'm stringently pro-standing and believe the Hillsborough argument that inevitably comes up to be incredibly disrespectful to those that died that day. Would that be controversial?
handshakes between players isn't important
Reply 8
Twitter is a good way to get the message across to Fans.
Reply 9
Original post by Alofleicester
All time - no, still got a way to go to catch up with the likes of Pele, Puskas, Di Stefano & Maradona, but certainly the best player around right now.

Puskas. :sogood:

He always gets overlooked when people are discussing the best players of all time, for me, he is the best that has ever played the game.
Reply 10
Original post by Dorito
Harry Redknapp should not be England manager.

I seem to be in the minority here and I'll have to wait about 2 years until I'm proved right. :sad:

This.

And quite surprisingly, thinking that Jose Mourinho isnt saint or the best manager is blasphemic and im an hater for not bum licking everything he does :colondollar:
If you concede a goal, you should have your genitals removed.

...that's quite controversial and unpopular.

Also, Ibrahimovic was better in his first season for Barcelona than David Villa was in his and Barcelona should never have gotten rid of him.
(edited 12 years ago)
Spurs are overacheiving and thier bubble will burst come end of the season

How many European cups & Premiership titles has Harry Redknapp won? Oh but he will win the euros and world cup for us, OK.

Chelsea are a joke of a club, no class, no ethic, pathetic fans

Let the negs begin
Original post by Bear_Grylls
How many European cups & Premiership titles has Harry Redknapp won? Oh but he will win the euros and world cup for us, OK.

If Harry Redknapp had won the Premier League with Southampton, Portsmouth or West Ham he'd be considered to be one of the greatest managers of all time.

Be realistic. Those teams performed much better under him than under other managers and that's the most you can expect from any manager.
Reply 14
That Ray Wilkins doesn't say 'my word' enough
That most hardcore football fans are ****ing idiots. On Skysports they call them "passionate" :rolleyes:
Spurs could actually win the league...

Ray Winstone could an should manage a football team (lol... but seriously)

Dunno if a lot of people disagree with this or not but in La Liga the refereeing is a bit dodgy and players get away with a looot more than they would here, especially in El clasico
Original post by michaelhaych
If Harry Redknapp had won the Premier League with Southampton, Portsmouth or West Ham he'd be considered to be one of the greatest managers of all time.

Be realistic. Those teams performed much better under him than under other managers and that's the most you can expect from any manager.

He jumped ship when it suited him
Original post by lukejoshjedi
Spurs could actually win the league...

But the thing is..

They cant
Harry Redknapp isn't actually the best manager in England/World.

Quick Reply

Latest