The Student Room Group

Worries about future roommates

Scroll to see replies

Original post by srascal8

Indeed, I am in Oak House. I have heard rumours of a couple of single-sex flats in OH, but never actually seen any evidence of it. I would have thought, however, that you could specifically say that you want to be in a mixed flat.
Original post by Id and Ego seek
Looking at your rep level, you've done neither.

You slaughter.

My rep level only shows that TSR has a uniform thinking. Alternatives are bashed out.
Your location shows that you live in a world of fiction. A binary world with pocket monsters and MIDI music.
YOU are the slag and it is you whom I am about to shag.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 22
Unless you opt for single sex, it probably won't be much of a problem. My flat has 11 people, and there are 7 of us girls to 4 boys, but it would have been 5 boys to 6 girls if one guy hadn't dropped out and been replaced.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by SoulfulBoy
My rep level only shows that TSR has a uniform thinking. Alternatives are bashed out.
Your location shows that you live in a world of fiction. A binary world with pocket monsters and MIDI music.
YOU are the slag.

Haha, OK, Morpheus.

Whatever you say :rolleyes:
Reply 24
My halls are gender balanced. In my corridor there are 11 people, 6 girls and 5 boys. Other corridors seem to have a similar mix. And there isn't really the whole gender divide in halls either, for instance next year there are 7 of us living together, of those 3 are girls, 4 boys.
Original post by Origami Bullets
But your previous post made absolutely no sense whatsover! Perhaps it's this sleep-deprived brain, but I really don't understand what you're trying to say!

I said that I love you. That my love is reflected in every folding of the paper and every single dying scream of each person killed by your bullets. Origami bullets.

I said that TSR is a male dominated place.
Reply 26
Original post by Origami Bullets
Indeed, I am in Oak House. I have heard rumours of a couple of single-sex flats in OH, but never actually seen any evidence of it. I would have thought, however, that you could specifically say that you want to be in a mixed flat.

Oh, when do you choose? And when do you inform Manchester of you accommodation selections?
Reply 27
I lived in a flat of two boys, four girls. The flat below was four boys, two girls. So yes, universitys tend to mix things up, although there were a few same gender flats. Try specifying the type of flat you would like when you submit your accomodation form (if you haven't done so alrady).
Haha, OK, Morpheus.

Whatever you say :rolleyes:

Alright. I say that I say this.
Alright. I say that I say this.

stop quoting me, STOP QUOTING ME!!
Reply 30
Original post by Barden
i lived with 7 girls in first year :sexface:

If they're a good bunch at least, its good.

If they're a bunch of ****ing moronic, stuck-up "lol I am great" types of girls you are in for a boring time as like my female flatmates they look down on you and blame you for their mess or another girls mess.

I dont clean up after them :smile:
stop quoting me, STOP QUOTING ME!!

"Don't do to others what you don't want to be done upon you. Be an example." SoulfulBoy.
Original post by Barden
i lived with 7 girls in first year :sexface:

where they hot,there is the point,i live with three and the two of them are fat and the one of the is sooo annoying i want to smash the tv on her head! seriosuly she has a problem she just stands all day in the kitchen watching tv and looking like a retard! i really cant stand her!
Reply 33
In my uni there was a lot of stratification in halls: all the gap year kids in the same blocks, non-smokers and smokers segregated, geographical regions (I had two others from the south-west, rare in my uni) and yes mixed gender. Two of the guys in my flat went to the SAME SCHOOL and got put together by serendipity.

I said that I love you. That my love is reflected in every folding of the paper and every single dying scream of each person killed by your bullets. Origami bullets.

I said that TSR is a male dominated place.

:colondollar:

I got the bit about you loving me (!) and the bit about TSR being male dominated makes a lot more sense now!

Oh, when do you choose? And when do you inform Manchester of you accommodation selections?

Deadline's on the accommodation.manchester.ac.uk website somewhere; it's all done online. If you have an unconditional offer, places are doled out in June / July. If you have a conditional offer, halls are allocated after results day in August.
I guess my main concern is not having any common interest with any of my future room-mates.

I'm not saying no other girls are like me, but I've never had a girl friend who plays video games, and I don't want to be seen as the outcast in her room playing Skyrim or Fallout or something whilst all the other girls are talking about X-Factor and such.

I also love classic rock and metal and would LOVE to have friends to go to gigs or festivals with in the summer.

Plus I'm not much of the clubbing type, don't get me wrong, I'll go out and stuff but I'd rather go to cool rock clubs rather than most other places.

Has anyone else had problems like this or worried about it? Am I thinking about it too much? xD
Reply 37
Original post by Ocarinaoftime
I guess my main concern is not having any common interest with any of my future room-mates.

I'm not saying no other girls are like me, but I've never had a girl friend who plays video games, and I don't want to be seen as the outcast in her room playing Skyrim or Fallout or something whilst all the other girls are talking about X-Factor and such.

I also love classic rock and metal and would LOVE to have friends to go to gigs or festivals with in the summer.

Plus I'm not much of the clubbing type, don't get me wrong, I'll go out and stuff but I'd rather go to cool rock clubs rather than most other places.

Has anyone else had problems like this or worried about it? Am I thinking about it too much? xD

...You sound like my ideal flatmate
Original post by O'Casey
...You sound like my ideal flatmate

Please say you're going to Edinburgh, Dundee or Aberdeen uni? ._.

You're a Scorpio too, it must be fate!
take a dump in his bed

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending