Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

University of Worcester - PGCE Secondary 2012-13

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hello all,

The time is near. I've made a Facebook group: PGCE Secondary University of Worcester 2012-13

Should make it a bit more convenient to communicate. Yes, it's taken me one month to click those few buttons. As it turns out, I move to Worcester tomorrow, so am finding all sorts of ways to procrastinate from packing up my stuff (these elaborate methods have even included meeting with my bank manager).

It is my understanding that the rules regarding mandatory Lit and Numeracy tests indicate that they're no longer required to be completed BEFORE course commencement, but must simply be completed at some point during our training. However, this is only my understanding, and so could be 80 klicks wide of the truth.

Anyway, all the best and join the group
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've just looked on mine and it says the same thing. But I have papers saying I'm getting a bursary. Hmmm. Confusing. I might give them a ring tomorrow!

(Original post by Fliss_D)
    Got some paperwork in the post today telling me how to register (exciting!) but now just wondering, once you've registered, under the 'personal details' tab - 'my bank details' does everybody else get a message saying 'Our records indicate that you have not met the criteria for being paid a University of Worcester bursary'?

I'm hoping this is different to the teaching bursaries for shortage subjects which I'm expecting. Hope I've filled out everything I was supposed to!! eek.

Getting pretty excited about starting the course now it's creeping up so quickly. Maybe see some of you in a couple of weeks!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm hoping to apply for the discretionary bursary, as I've worked.

Have you had your timetable etc yet?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've not had a timetable or anything yet and I'm really worried. I think tbh I've got to panic stations now, everytime I think about it I feel sick and as though I'm missing some vital piece of information just so nervous
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I haven't received my timetable either! You're not alone.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ive recieved a simple timetable just blocking the days whe we are in uni and in school. Have you had this? FYI our first day in school is the 4th of October. Which is my birthday. *Groan*
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TedFletchJnr)
    Hey, nice one! Yeh, the forums aren't exactly teeming with Worcester secondary folk.
    Starting to get rather nervous now though. :eek:
    Hi -
    Got an interview on Monday morning for Computer Science. Anyone else out there regarding this subject? Would like to know what the subject based written task was about.
    Seems English is the predominant subject here.
    Hope I get through (having been awarded the BCS scholarship doesn't guarantee a placement I guess!).

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 14, 2013
New on TSR

Student in a Million awards

All the results from our prize-giving night

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.