Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to have your say on this topicNew here? Join for free to post

How can people think homosexuality is a choice?

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DYKWIA)
    Do they account for a few percent of new cases? No. Oh, well in that case gays are more likely to get HIV. Remember that there are a very small percentage of gays in comparison to others.
    I explain to you over and over again why AIDS cases are higher amongst homosexuals than heterosexuals. It's nothing to do with lifestyle or because 'we're not as clean' as heterosexuals. I'm not going over it again with you because you disregard what I say and assume more gay people have AIDS because we're degenerate or something.
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    I don't want gay marriage, get over it.
    Don't get one then.
    • 23 followers

ReputationRep:
    They are the statistics I know.
    That doesn't make them right.

What does that matter? It may simply be random chance from year to year. The fact remains that at the moment, gays are a big problem with HIV.
    No, it's a trend. Not and "oh this happened this year". I don't quote useless statistics.

Gays are only a 'big problem' with HIV in the US. But again, that has nothing to do with homosexuality being right or wrong; or anything to do with gay marriage.

I'm sure european statistics are the same or similar. As for the rest of the world, we are talking about the developed world here.
    You just admitted you only know US statistics. Don't make assumptions. You know what they say about what happens when you ass-u-me something :rolleyes:

And why have you arbitrarily decided it's only the developed world? Do you see how many arbitrarily assumptions you make to support yourself? It's just sad.

You're so stubborn and arrogant. You simply ignore what I say and dismiss it as homophobic and 'illogical'. I don't want gay marriage, get over it.
    I want gay marriage. Accept it. Get over it.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    No, I'm saying that the rights of those who don't want their kids exposed to this stuff too much should be respected. Maybe it should be optional - i wouldn't want to be forced through some rant about why being gay is great.
    Are you currently subjected to rants about how hetrosexuality is great? of course not so why would that happen with homosexuality, you dont seem to understand the concept of equality.

Also, children are going to be 'exposed to' homosexuality one way or another as they go about their lives, surely it's better to be taught about tolerating (preferably embracing) the different ways in which people live their lives rather than to throw them at something they dont recognise and dont know how to process.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bad8oy)
    how can you say it is right. how can you say i am ignorant??? if anyone is ignorant it is you because you cant see the real world for what it is
    how can you say it is wrong?

i can say you are ignorant because you think gay people "make aids".

that last bit is meaningless. please explain to me how i do not see the real world for what it is, because as far as i can tell, i can see pretty easily that i am sitting on my bed typing a response to you on my laptop.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Do they account for a few percent of new cases? No. Oh, well in that case gays are more likely to get HIV. Remember that there are a very small percentage of gays in comparison to others.
    Question - If HIV was not an issue, would you support gay marriage?
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darrenh800)
    I'd still not support it, no.
    • 23 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darrenh800)
    His argument in all actuality has nothing to do with HIV. He's using it as an excuse - trying to backwardly justify his beliefs to prevent cognitive dissonance.

In all reality, he's just homophobic and doesn't want gay people to have equal rights.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    I don't want gay marriage, get over it.
    wow what a great argument, so well thought out. i applaud your great debating skills, you should be proud of yourself.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    So what's the reasoning then?
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    I doubt very few Christians would try and claim that homosexual urges are a choice but they'd argue that homosexual actions are a choice (in which they are technically correct).
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    homosexuality is a choice end of.

Mostly children and teenagers are mislead into there way of thinking, no one can deny that. Even adults get mislead. All this research about your born gay is bull****, its the way your brought up. Plus i dont hate gay people, but i wish they where shown the right path, and those who think gay are people who think too much, if they do feel this they should talk to someone who they can trust. e.g. a close friend or even your parent no matter what happens.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adamrules247)
    I doubt very few Christians would try and claim that homosexual urges are a choice but they'd argue that homosexual actions are a choice (in which they are technically correct).
    I doubt you have any data to support this.
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SoberFox)
    I doubt you have any data to support this.
    Well it's the official teaching of the Roman Catholic CHurch that makes up over half of all of Christianity and also the teaching of the Eastern Orthodox Churches which make up the next largest group. On those figures alone my point is proved correct. My point would better be put as a minority of Christians believe that homosexual urges are a choice but my point still stands.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    What would you do if everywhere in the world legalised gay marriage?
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tahooper)
    What would you do if everywhere in the world legalised gay marriage?
    I hope PA never legalizes it. If they do I'll move to Texas or the south pole.

In all honesty I'd be deeply annoyed if it is legalized.
    • 23 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darkbling)
    homosexuality is a choice end of.

Mostly children and teenagers are mislead into there way of thinking, no one can deny that. Even adults get mislead. All this research about your born gay is bull****, its the way your brought up. Plus i dont hate gay people, but i wish they where shown the right path, and those who think gay are people who think too much, if they do feel this they should talk to someone who they can trust. e.g. a close friend or even your parent no matter what happens.
    Yes, you're clearly right.

Well... except for the fact that all modern psychology disagrees with you.

So, wait... I think that means you're wrong...

And, since you're not actually an expert in psychology, your un-researched, ill-informed, speculative opinion is useless and well... wrong
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    IT IS A CHOICE you nutters
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zubz91)
    IT IS A CHOICE you nutters
    No, it's not.
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NYU2012)
    Yes, you're clearly right.

Well... except for the fact that all modern psychology disagrees with you.

So, wait... I think that means you're wrong...

And, since you're not actually an expert in psychology, your un-researched, ill-informed, speculative opinion is useless and well... wrong
    He's a troll, as are most of the users with red on their bars.
Updated: February 26, 2012
New on TSR

Submitting your UCAS application

How long did it take for yours to be processed?

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.