Back Squats
70x5
75x3
70 -5,5

Bench
50 - 5,5,5

Power Cleans
50 - 3,3,3,3,3

So nearly 2 months without lifting, I've lost 3.1kg and my lifts are drastically lower (except power cleans which will be back to normal in a week or two)

However, I feel that it's more to do with getting used to the lifts again and improving technique
Reply 101
You'll get it back quick.
Are you still training at home?
Reply 102
Original post by desijut
Ok, so I started on Stronglifts 5x5 about a week before christmas 2011. tbh I would have started on SS but i hadnt read enough into strength training at the time. But from what i can see is that the only differences are 5 sets instead of 3 and pendlay rows instead of cleans.

I workout on Fri/Sun/Tue. Yes that sounds dodgy, but i have martial arts training on wednesday and i would not dream of missing it.

Enough BS.

The only lift i had attempted was bench press which was around 55kg (for maybe 3 reps? I just did any old weights then lol). Oh and im 5"9.

After doing Stronglifts for 2 months my stats were:

Weight 60kg ----->67kg
Squats - 87.5kg
Bench - 57.5kg
Pendlay Rows - 50kg
Overhead Press - 40kg
Deadlift(1x5) - 100kg

24/02/2012 - Changed to Starting Strength. Stats (for 3x5) are now:

Weight - 69.9kg
Back Squats - 105kg
Front Squats - 95kg
Bench - 65kg
Overhead Press - 45kg
Deadlift 5RM - 137.5kg
Power Cleans(5x3) - 62.5kg

13/05/2012 - Changed Press and Bench to 5x3. Stats are now:

Weight - 70.6kg
Back Squats - 105kg
Front Squats - 105kg
Bench - 67.5kg
Overhead Press(5x3) - 47.5kg
Deadlift 5RM - 137.5kg
Power Cleans(5x3) - 62.5kg

Great progress.
Reply 103
Original post by danadd9
You'll get it back quick.
Are you still training at home?

I hope linearly progress past my PB's since im starting this low.. and yes, training at home

Also, after I fail linearly, I'm going try to slowly go down to 1RM (ie, next go to 5RM instead of 3x5, then triples, doubles, etc)

Original post by u0b
Great progress.

cheers
Reply 104
Back Squats
75 - 5,5,5

OHP
35 - 5,5,5

Deadlift
100x5

I'm not quite getting the squat right, im not getting the glute activation I was before, I will have to look at my form properly.

OHP was simple but I decided to start conservative

DL... a sharp pain from my left trap, still got through it. My lower back was tired but it wasnt too hard
You'll be back up in no time, also, strong ass front squat
Reply 106
Was going to train today but flexibility wasnt there for squats. Weightlifting has inspired me to C&J (I have only tried power cleans) I got to 50kg, cleaned 60kg (PB is 65kg) and didnt get the lockout for the jerk. Maybe if i tried again i would have got it, then i realised i was being silly since im training tommorow.

I thought my flexibility issue was my groin, but it cant be and i figured out it was my hip flexors, so i should be back on form with squats tommorow
Reply 107
Back Squats
80 - 5,5,5

Bench
55 - 5,5,5

Power Cleans (+ Jerk on last one)
55 - 3,3,3

My jerks were fails at 55, at 50kg they were fine but 55kg i had to lock my arms out as they were slightly bent. Im going for 2.5kg increments on Bench and power cleans, I struggled on Bench a lot
Reply 108
I've been going to town with my hip flexor stretches and squatting is getting comfortable again, which is good because I just love squatting
Reply 109
I'm back (for good). A running event came up so I had to drop the lifting to be in decent shape for it.

Back Squats
80 - 5,5,5

OHP
35 - 5,5,5

Deadlift
110x5

No problems.... Which is strange since i havent stretched the hip flexors much. My trap pain I mentioned was non existent untill the 4th rep in which I barely felt it. Overall it was good, although it has knackered me out more than i anticipated.
Reply 110
It's amazing. My dad was skeptical of stronglifts and starting strength since i found it off the internet. But now if I talk about other routines he says "This has worked so well so far, why would you want to change it?"
Reply 111
Back Squats
85 - 5,5,5

Bench
50 - 5,5,5

Power Cleans (+ Jerk on last one)
50 - 3,3,3,3,3

I was ill which sucked and I still felt it a bit so I went very conservative

Quick Reply

Latest