Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Test - has anyone actually ever had to do a turn in the road on a test?

Announcements Posted on
TSR Movie Madness. Vote and debate in all of the group finals from now to Saturday evening! 15-07-2014
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I had the other two (our test centre doesn't do bay parking), parallel park is always the worst though.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LouboutinLove)
    I had the other two (our test centre doesn't do bay parking), parallel park is always the worst though.
    Doesn't do bay parking?? wtf lol...
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Yeah my local one doesn't either, there are no bays on any of the routes
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I had to do it on a hill and also reverse and forward park on a hill... this examiner clearly did not like me :s
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    Really hope I get turn in the road, it's the easiest one for me. Do you HAVE to use the handbrake for each part of it or is just foot brake ok?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jfinney94)
    Doesn't do bay parking?? wtf lol...
    The test centre doesn't have a car park so they can't do bay parking apparently....it must be one of the easiest places to pass in the country! It's the sleepiest little Derbyshire town, the test route never changes and there's one of everything (stop sign, roundabout, crossroads etc). I don't know how people manage in London or other equally busy cities.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LouboutinLove)
    The test centre doesn't have a car park so they can't do bay parking apparently....it must be one of the easiest places to pass in the country! It's the sleepiest little Derbyshire town, the test route never changes and there's one of everything (stop sign, roundabout, crossroads etc). I don't know how people manage in London or other equally busy cities.
    Damn lol, I want a test centre without a carpark... I don't know how people pass in cities either..
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, my local test centre doesn't have a car park although its in London and there are lots of traffic lights. Not very many stop signs though
    • 53 followers

ReputationRep:
    I had always found the turn in the road easiest, so I hoped that I got it in my test (altho I would have been more than comfortable with anything but the parallel park!). I didn't expect the examiner to give it to me on quite a steep hill, however. I had never done any of the manoeuvres on anything other than flat, so that was interesting!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I had to do turn in the road! Was so pleased I had that maneuver, deffo the easiest one! I also had to do an emergency stop, which was funny as everything in the back seats went flying! Passed first time! yay!
    • 18 followers

ReputationRep:
    I find bay parking the easiest. Probably because to teach me turn-in-the-road, my instructor started rattling off certain numbers that I must do certain things in.

It baffled me. He did the same with parallel parking. If I get either of those, I'll fail.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    YES! I was so relieved, and I got it in the first 10 minutes of my actual test, which relieved me GREATLY for the rest of the test.
    Honestly I got lucky!
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    A lot of test centres don't include bay parking in the test. My test centre had a car park but it still wasn't included even though you had to park at the end. However badly you parked, they couldn't fail you on that.

I got turn in the road and my friend did on both of hers. My other friend got reverse around the corner. I don't think I know anyone who has had parallel parking recently.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    i had turn in the road and reversing round a corner. the only one i didnt want to get was the parallel parking one as its not my favourite of the 4 so was very pleased with the ones i got as i didnt have a problem with them 2. was so glad i didnt have to do the emergency stop though as i only did it for the first time 20 minutes before my test so was dreading being asked to do that.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amyshamblesxx)
    Really hope I get turn in the road, it's the easiest one for me. Do you HAVE to use the handbrake for each part of it or is just foot brake ok?
    I got asked to do a turn in the road on my first test. I got told to use the handbrake but I dont think you would fail if you didnt...probably just get a minor.

Had bay park and emergency stop on my 2nd test
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I had to do it for both of my tests. It didn't count as one of my manoeuvres though, so I still had to do a parallel park and bay park.

I remember the bay park. Did it perfectly in the lesson before, went to park in the exact same spot to finish my test and almost missed from undershooting.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I didn't think there would be so many posts, awesome guys. Got my test in a week.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jfinney94)
    I didn't think there would be so many posts, awesome guys. Got my test in a week.
    Good luck mate.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Not me. On my test, I had the left corner reverse. Plus an emergency stop [it was fine, but I thought it was typical, as I'd only practised it twice - ever].
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    I passed last Thursday first time, I had a turn in the road and emergency stop.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 12, 2012
New on TSR

Which unis are the poshest?

See what students perceive to be the classiest establishments in Britain

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered learning to drive

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.