50.00%
    Arsenal.
    43.33%
    Draw.
    6.67%

1. Offline

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stu Laverty)
    You really need to have watched a lot of Italian football to really get the hype about him, but it is all completely justified. He just, for some unknown reason, just doesn't perform in Europe. But domestically, he is a beast of a player.
    Still holding out for that goal, if you don't count the penalty (i.e. open play goals). But yeah he had a great game today. That touch to set up a shot in the first half was good.
  2. Offline

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tif49)
    Oh shut the hell up everyone!

Arsenal were outplayed by a better team who are the Italian league leaders.

What did you expect this season? Arsenal are a depleted team this season and struggling for 4th place. Best we can expect this season and could've since the beginning was 3/4 place and maybe good runs in the cups, possibly FA or Carling cup.

Now we'll make 4th place and possible do well in the FA cup if we get past Sunderland, hopefully this result won't affect the players too much.

There wasn't much else you could've expected from an Arsenal team which lost such influential players this season. This is a rebuilding season.

And those idiots who are calling for Wenger's heads are biggest hypocrites and two-faced losers. When Arsenal win one game, Wenger is a genius, when we lose to Italian giants then Wenger needs to go. Just shut up, support Wenger who is a genius and support the team through thick and thin, good and bad!

This season was never going to be easy, but let's get through it and we'll see where we are.

One bad result means nothing. It just means that this year, this team isn't up to European standard, they need another year and a player or two more to be back up there. But they will be.

Now it's time to focus on the FA cup and Premier League. And when Milan come to Emirates, give it our all and hope for the best, that's all you can do.
    Look how far we've sunk as a club, we used to be challenging for trophies. Now the management have us settling for second (or 4th best in the PL) place.

"Transition period", "Rebuilding phase" - I'm sick of these buzzwords, how many seasons have we been saying them for now.
  3. Offline

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J.Star)
    Look how far we've sunk as a club, we used to be challenging for trophies. Now the management have us settling for second (or 4th best in the PL) place.

"Transition period", "Rebuilding phase" - I'm sick of these buzzwords, how many seasons have we been saying them for now.
    The past 7, uniteds rebuilding season started in 04 and finished in 07, it's starting again and they're still challenging for trophies.
  4. Offline

ReputationRep:
    Glad to see Milan back in the quarters
  5. Offline

ReputationRep:
    You really need to have watched a lot of Italian football to really get the hype about him, but it is all completely justified. He just, for some unknown reason, just doesn't perform in Europe. But domestically, he is a beast of a player.
    Exactly! I'm a Milan fan and I tried to tell people before the match how good a player he is in serie a for milan, but according to them he's a second rate player, playing for a second rate team. :rolleyes: He proved them wrong tonight.
  6. Offline

ReputationRep:
    OMG we got destroyed lol
  7. Offline

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheDubs)
    You've gone hysterical! snap out of it man! My prefered way to deal will results like this is to go into my bedroom, convince myself its 2006 and watch highlights from 2006 games on youtube.
    Haha the awful times when you get challanged being a supporter of a club like me and Cardiff City always flirt with promotion but ultimately choke, same with my team in American football living the glory days of the Patriots in 2004
  8. Offline

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ROYP)
    2-1 to Arsenal

LOL
  9. Offline

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jsd26)
    LOL
    Was a typo. I meant 4-0.
  10. Offline

ReputationRep:
    I think Arsenal will win the tie over both legs and I think they'll get a positive result here. Score draw.
    LOL
  11. Offline

ReputationRep:
    Well, as a Milan fan, I am over the moon xD
  12. Offline

ReputationRep:
    Milan was great. Forza Milan.
  13. Offline

ReputationRep:
    I never thaught having an extra player would be a disadvantage but then I saw djourou.. (btw I am an arsenal fan but he is awful, not fit for the premier league)
  14. Offline

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry guys. This is just half time.

Remember how you all felt at half time in the Aston Villa FA cup game? I said that we'll make a come back then.

So you never know, Arsenal have pulled of similar great feats in the past...
  15. Offline

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    You could say the exact same thing about any Arsenal season since 2006-07.
    No, if you look at 07/08 and 10/11 season we were either unlucky, unfair decisions went against them or were cheated refs and players.

07/08 we would've won PL and possibly CL. Birmingham f'd that up as did referee decisions at critical games.

Liverpool cheated to win the CL ties.

10/11 Barca away game ruined it for us when ref sent RVP off for no reason. Prior to that, we were going through. That then led to slip ups in FA cup and PL. Also in the Carling cup, that was just unlucky.
  16. Offline

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tif49)
    10/11 Barca away game ruined it for us when ref sent RVP off for no reason. Prior to that, we were going through. That then led to slip ups in FA cup and PL. Also in the Carling cup, that was just unlucky.
    Was that the red he got for kicking the ball like a second after the whistle? I remember that, was a ****ing joke, one of worst decisions ive even, and im a United fan who doesn't like Arsenal,
  17. Offline

ReputationRep:
    I hope Milan manage to thrash Arsenal away also.
  18. Offline

ReputationRep:
    Now they can focus on winning the league...
  19. Offline

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tif49)
    No, if you look at 07/08 and 10/11 season we were either unlucky, unfair decisions went against them or were cheated refs and players.

07/08 we would've won PL and possibly CL. Birmingham f'd that up as did referee decisions at critical games.

Liverpool cheated to win the CL ties.

So if the ref ****s up, the opposition automatically cheats :confused:

I know which decision you are talking about, that penalty we got for a foul by Toure on Babel at Anfield and also Kuyt's foul at the Emirates that wasn't given. Everyone gets their fair share of terrible decisions anyway.
  20. Offline

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Obadetona)
    Now they can focus on winning the league...
    Arsenal win the league? Lol too funny.

Big fight on for 4th place. It will be a tight finish this season.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: February 16, 2012
New on TSR

Do you trust your uni?

Vote now - you could win an Apple Watch

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered football threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
x

Think you’ll be in clearing or adjustment?

Hear direct from unis that want to talk to you

Get email alerts for university course places that match your subjects and grades. Just let us know what you’re studying.

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.