AC Milan.
    50.00%
    Arsenal.
    43.33%
    Draw.
    6.67%

• 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Now they can focus on winning the league...
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tif49)
    No, if you look at 07/08 and 10/11 season we were either unlucky, unfair decisions went against them or were cheated refs and players.

07/08 we would've won PL and possibly CL. Birmingham f'd that up as did referee decisions at critical games.

Liverpool cheated to win the CL ties.

10/11 Barca away game ruined it for us when ref sent RVP off for no reason. Prior to that, we were going through. That then led to slip ups in FA cup and PL. Also in the Carling cup, that was just unlucky.
    So if the ref ****s up, the opposition automatically cheats :confused:

I know which decision you are talking about, that penalty we got for a foul by Toure on Babel at Anfield and also Kuyt's foul at the Emirates that wasn't given. Everyone gets their fair share of terrible decisions anyway.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Obadetona)
    Now they can focus on winning the league...
    Arsenal win the league? Lol too funny.

Big fight on for 4th place. It will be a tight finish this season.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *_*)

I know which decision you are talking about, that penalty we got for a foul by Toure on Babel at Anfield and also Kuyt's foul at the Emirates that wasn't given. Everyone gets their fair share of terrible decisions anyway.
    Ref f'd up but Liverpool cheated by fouling players on purpose in the box, then going down easily in the box. They cheated first then the ref f'd up by allowing them to cheat.

In other words when players foul on purpose or dive, that is cheating.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silent ninja)
    Arsenal win the league? Lol too funny.

Big fight on for 4th place. It will be a tight finish this season.
    Just to be clear, it was a joke!
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by simoncino)
    LOL

I'll admit, I was hideously wrong. Milan were far better than they have been in recent weeks (although Arsenal were about the same as usual). I think my prediction was more underestimating them based on their recent form than overestimating Arsenal.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stu Laverty)

I'll admit, I was hideously wrong. Milan were far better than they have been in recent weeks (although Arsenal were about the same as usual). I think my prediction was more underestimating them based on their recent form than overestimating Arsenal.
    yeah, even i would not have predicted that!!!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    brining up peoples predictions is stupid. no one expected arsenal to be this ****.
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tif49)
    Ref f'd up but Liverpool cheated by fouling players on purpose in the box, then going down easily in the box. They cheated first then the ref f'd up by allowing them to cheat.

In other words when players foul on purpose or dive, that is cheating.
    Fouling on purpose is not cheating :facepalm2: Arsenal players go down easily all the time, it is sadly just a part of the game. Get over it.
    • 24 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *_*)

I can complain about 09 with chelsea all day and 05 when garcia scored against us, but either way, we lost both of the matches, should have got more goals than the other team, simple as.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mess.)
    Fouling on purpose is not cheating :facepalm2: Arsenal players go down easily all the time, it is sadly just a part of the game. Get over it.
    Fouling on purpose is cheating. At the very least it's bad sportsmanship.

If it's part of the game, it's not a very good part.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    I can complain about 09 with chelsea all day and 05 when garcia scored against us, but either way, we lost both of the matches, should have got more goals than the other team, simple as.
    05, we always have the counter-argument that Cech would have been off for bringing down Baros and it would have been a pen.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *_*)
    05, we always have the counter-argument that Cech would have been off for bringing down Baros and it would have been a pen.
    Lol how much did you spend on carrol, Henderson and downing?
    • 24 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *_*)
    Yeah, same way barca have the counter argument that they should have been playing with 11 men the whole match. These things happen. Like when we scored two disallowed goals vs tottenham which pretty much dented their top 4 hopes last season. Or your FA cup match vs united last season with the penalty.

(Original post by tif49)
    Fouling on purpose is cheating. At the very least it's bad sportsmanship.

If it's part of the game, it's not a very good part.
    How is it cheating, it's a tactical strategy, like fouling someone when they're through on goal, are you gonna let them score or would you just foul the **** out of them?
    (Original post by dellprinter)
    Lol how much did you spend on carrol, Henderson and downing?
    That has nothing to do with what he said, plus henderson was 12 million, rising to 16 million, he's not been bad so far, he's been ok but hasn't justified the price tag yet...

Carroll and downing however=no comment.
    • 24 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tommyjw)
    Was that the red he got for kicking the ball like a second after the whistle? I remember that, was a ****ing joke, one of worst decisions ive even, and im a United fan who doesn't like Arsenal,
    Yeah, tbh, I think the carlling cup basically messed up their hopes for a clean sweep, oh well, they would have got battered by madrid anyway.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, same way barca have the counter argument that they should have been playing with 11 men the whole match. These things happen. Like when we scored two disallowed goals vs tottenham which pretty much dented their top 4 hopes last season. Or your FA cup match vs united last season with the penalty.

How is it cheating, it's a tactical strategy, like fouling someone when they're through on goal, are you gonna let them score or would you just foul the **** out of them?

That has nothing to do with what he said, plus henderson was 12 million, rising to 16 million, he's not been bad so far, he's been ok but hasn't justified the price tag yet...

Carroll and downing however=no comment.
    Just saying cos ur a pool fan
    • 24 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dellprinter)
    Just saying cos ur a pool fan
    Look at my sig, go and see who's in the picture and in the video on youtube, and say i'm a liverpool fan...

Or i'll do it for you. It has juan mata, yes of course i'm a liverpool fan :facepalm2:
    I think half of my football posts, I have put chelsea in the sentence and probably for no reason most of the time, but yes I'm a liverpool fan...

If you haven't noticed, I'm being sarcastic and I'm not a liverpool fan.
    In fact, the post that you quoted had me complaining about the barca match in 09 and the liverpool match in 05. Do I need to say more...
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:

It's still against the rules thus cheating. If not cheating then bad sportsmanship and unfair play which get's you sent off.

Personally I would probably do the same if someone was through on goal but it doesn't mean it's right.

At least they should start using video technology to make it more fair. Refs mess up too often and make the game unfair.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Look at my sig, go and see who's in the picture and in the video on youtube, and say i'm a liverpool fan...

Or i'll do it for you. It has juan mata, yes of course i'm a liverpool fan :facepalm2:
    I think half of my football posts, I have put chelsea in the sentence and probably for no reason most of the time, but yes I'm a liverpool fan...

If you haven't noticed, I'm being sarcastic and I'm not a liverpool fan.
    In fact, the post that you quoted had me complaining about the barca match in 09 and the liverpool match in 05. Do I need to say more...
    oh sorry meant the other guy:

(Original post by *_*)
    y did u quote me when i wasnt talk to u

and what is a sig? i dont stlak peopls posts
    • 24 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tif49)
    It's still against the rules thus cheating. If not cheating then bad sportsmanship and unfair play which get's you sent off.

Personally I would probably do the same if someone was through on goal but it doesn't mean it's right.

At least they should start using video technology to make it more fair. Refs mess up too often and make the game unfair.
    Yeah, I would say it's bad sportsmanship, but like with the suarez case, everyone with a brain would have handballed it and risked a penalty. Same thing with the lampard goal. People do it, because they have to, i'm not gonna sit by and let my team lose because I didn't take one for the team. Footballers aren't angellic robots.

They should use goalline technology with the goals, but doing the offside rule with video technology is too long and disrupts the flow of the game, not every team is stoke who thrive of stopping free flowing play, so there's no point debating over goals and disrupting play.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: February 16, 2012
New on TSR

The future of apprenticeships

Join the discussion in the apprenticeships hub!

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered football match discussion threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.