The Student Room Group

Uk flag without scotland proposal

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Miracle Day
What about the Canadian flag?

What about it?

That black flag above does look quite good (the green one however...), but I still infinitely prefer the blue - and really, really, really couldn't care less that a bit of blue and white on the flag previously represented our neighbour.
Who wouldn't jump at the chance to have a dragon on their flag!
Original post by Algorithm69

Omg I love that

Original post by callum9999
What about it?

That black flag above does look quite good (the green one however...), but I still infinitely prefer the blue - and really, really, really couldn't care less that a bit of blue and white on the flag previously represented our neighbour.

It doesnt have the British flag on

Original post by DontWantYourBloodMoney
Who wouldn't jump at the chance to have a dragon on their flag!

Ikr! It was a pain in the arse during school when they asked you to draw it though
Reply 43
Ikr! It was a pain in the arse during school when they asked you to draw it though

I remember those days! :frown:
Original post by The Lyceum
A flag without Scotland you say? Celebrate England and Wales you say?...yeah sorry, surrounded by diligent students and on a ****ty netbook, couldn't do better...:tongue:

Beautiful :tongue:

On a serious note, I don't see the point in changing it. Too much hassle and it's a part of our history/culture etc. so it just seems silly to bother.
Out of curiousity.. why is Scotland wanting independance and not Wales?

Braveheart

That does look awesome. However it might mean changing the Welsh flag, since the white cross on green isn't their flag atm, and I don't think they'd be too happy to lose the dragon (cos it's a ****ing dragon!)
Reply 47
Keep it exactly the same as it is now - just to PISS THEM OFF :colone:
Reply 48
There's no need to change it entirely, just tweak it a little.

flag 1.jpg

I like!
Original post by geetar
there's no need to change it entirely, just tweak it a little.

flag 1.jpg

i love it!
Reply 51
Surely as Modern Britiain™ moves forwards we should have a Modern, fresh-thinking logo. We need drop shadows, black glass reflections, and -100 kerning Helvetica. And the London 2012 logo shoved in too, because everything Britain is encapsulated in the London Olympics. :holmes:
why not just say the Blue now represents something else?

I like our flag :frown:
It doesnt have the British flag on

And that is relevant how?
Reply 54
A flag without Scotland you say? Celebrate England and Wales you say?...yeah sorry, surrounded by diligent students and on a ****ty netbook, couldn't do better...:tongue:

:lol:
It's very....red

Stick the EU flag in the bottom right hand corner too, just for the hilarious campaign the Daily Mail would mount against it.
Reply 56
Original post by seanfromtheblock
what France call their parliament isn't really relevant, there's a distinction between UK regions in that Scotland has a parliament, where Wales and NI have assemblies. Is there not a reason for that distinction? (I honestly don't know, as I said in my above post I don't really know a lot about Wales).

I guess there is a reason, but I don't think that reason is the fact that Wales was at one point a principality (well technically only part of it was). Wales is not "officially" a principality anymore, it hasn't been for a long time. Officially Wales is Wales, I don't think it has any official designation other than being Wales.
Reply 57

LOOL :rofl2:
Reply 58
Aaand boredom plus Photoshop plus pretentiousness equals:

Of course, in the spirit of Modernism and All That Jazz, there is also a HD version suitable for displaying on a flat-screen projector or Digital myPad. Tally ho. :pierre:
Hawaii isnt part of the Britain or even in the commonwealth but it's state flag has a union jack on it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending