The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Straight up G
Agree with this. Nasir Jamshed ahead of Azhar though, I want Azhar to fully establish himself in tests and then hit the ODI scene; Cook and Amla have proved this strategy to be very effective. Also, Hammad could possibly be dropped for a batsman when required, so this team has balance and flexibility. I'd want Akmal ahead of Misbah, Umer has the potential to be an all-time legend for us, we need to play him where he can set himself and then go beserk later on.

Original post by nm786
01 Mohammad Hafeez
02 Azhar ali
03 Nasir Jamshed
04 Umar akmal
05 Asad shafiq
06 Misbah (C)
07 Adnan Akmal (WK)
08 Shahid Afridi
09 Umar Gul
10 Abdur rehman
11 Saeed Ajmal

I think this should be the team tomorrow, farhat and younis khan should be dropped, simply because they haven't done anything amazing. Yes, farhat did make 47, but, i don't think he will be consistent. Younis khan should be given time off. I think we should try azhar ali opening we'll see how well he does there. We should try Nasir jamshed, he proved himself in first class cricket. Adnan akmal should be kept wicket keeper because umar akmal failed keeping last match.

Although, i do think the openers should be hafeez and imran nazir, these two would have been the best odi openers pakistan has had! But, due to some problems with board, imran nazir is no longer picked, they should pick him, he will be a great opener with hafeez.

Agree Farhat has to be dropped. Younis must retire from ODIs, he has always been mediocre in ODIs, we're losing with him so why not lose with youngsters. Misbah has to play at 5. Imran Nazir is hit and miss and too much miss and I'd rather not play him and rather play a kid.
Need to try Shehzad and Jamshed, one of them even that Awais Zia. One of these must open with Hafeez and play attacking cricket whilst Hafeez can play calmly.

At one down, it either has to be Shafiq or Azhar for now it can only be one or the other and the other can replace Misbah. Here, I'd rather it be Azhar at one down then Shafiq at 5 literally replacing Misbah. Umar Akmal should ALWAYS bat at 4, the PCB seem to be determined to turn him into a slogger, they are ruining him.

The team has to play a all rounder and a wicketkeeper it should be Azam, why they are not playing him only God knows.

So the team should go something like:

Opener (Shehzad, Zia, Jamshed)
Hafeez
Azhar
U Akmal
Misbah
Azam
Wicketkeeper
Afridi
Ajmal
Wahab/Cheema/Junaid etc
Gul

The problem is we need a wicketkeeper who can bat
Original post by Sunshine showers
The CB bank series has gotten a bit more interesting now.

India 10 points
Australia 9 points
Sri Lanka 7 points

Any team could get knocked out now.

This!
So glad SL won today :smile:

Suprised that the Aussies collapsed :L To be honest, they almost lost their last match against SL as well, SL have been looking more convincing than India vs Aus :laugh:

Was reading cricinfo, and there was a comment saying that out of the three teams, the Aussie fielding had been the worst....and it's true :teehee:
Original post by ♥ ♥
This!
So glad SL won today :smile:

Suprised that the Aussies collapsed :L To be honest, they almost lost their last match against SL as well, SL have been looking more convincing than India vs Aus :laugh:

Was reading cricinfo, and there was a comment saying that out of the three teams, the Aussie fielding had been the worst....and it's true :teehee:

I didn't watch the AUS innings, but it's hard to believe that they collapsed so badly. Sri Lanka's bowling attack is pretty average, so they must have batted horribly to get bowled out for 150. Hopefully they will bat just as badly on sunday.

I'm hoping for an India vs Sri Lanka final. Even better if Dhoni finishes it with a Six again. :smile:
Original post by Sunshine showers
I didn't watch the AUS innings, but it's hard to believe that they collapsed so badly. Sri Lanka's bowling attack is pretty average, so they must have batted horribly to get bowled out for 150. Hopefully they will bat just as badly on sunday.

I'm hoping for an India vs Sri Lanka final. Even better if Dhoni finishes it with a Six again. :smile:

I watched the highlights :teehee:
The run outs by Perera :drool:

Well I want India to bat first on Sunday, want to see if they can actually post a defendable target or not. Maybe they'll actually perform better than when they've been chasing :crossedf:

I want an India vs Aus final only because I love the SL team (they're like second to India for me :blush:) and the satisfaction of beating Aus, in Aus, would be awesome :L
so glad that Sri Lanka won!!

The series is going to be really interesting.
Reply 205
Thank God Pakistan won the toss! Hafeez is looking very, very good after the second life he's been given. They should hopefully set a good total :biggrin:
Pakistan batting first, thus defending for once. I feel that this puts them in a stronger position.
Original post by S_mush
Thank God Pakistan won the toss! Hafeez is looking very, very good after the second life he's been given. They should hopefully set a good total :biggrin:

If they keep a hold of their wicket!
Reply 208
Original post by S_mush

You know what I said yesterday, I might need to take that back :s-smilie:
Reply 209
Veryy unlucky Shafiq!
Hello Afridi
Reply 210
Original post by 079
You know what I said yesterday, I might need to take that back :s-smilie:

Don't say that please :cry2:
Thing's aren't looking good. That run out was just annoying :angry:
Umar's looking good. Time for Afrdi to prove himself :redface:
Pakistan started so well, I thought 300 was going to be the score! Now, who knows, I would be happy be anything over 200, although I don't know if that'll be enough but you never know.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 212
Guldozer! Lol!
Positive start by England. 222 surely isn't enough to defend, even with Pak's attack.
They'll be praying for some stupidity from the English, otherwise it's looking like a definate 3-0.
Really good start from England, 67/0 at 11 overs.

Pakistan dominated England in the tests, and now England dominating pakistan in the ODIs. lol
I have no words to describe this absolute humiliation.
Team selection is pretty much ALL wrong.

You know your team is crap when your best batsman is 21 and he's playing at 6.
Team has to change, faith must be shown in the youngsters.
Kick the seniors out like Younis, Farhat, Gul etc.
Oh dear. Didn't believe it would have been this easy for Eng to win. Usually teams trip up when they're chasing modest totals. Not today.

KP's 'found form', Cook continuing his great form.

Umar Akmal was a positive for Pak though. Really looked as if he was trying not to throw his wicket away.

Either way, the problem still lies with the batting...
Pakistan is playing like :poo:
Reply 218
Original post by TheProdigy2k9
I have no words to describe this absolute humiliation.
Team selection is pretty much ALL wrong.

You know your team is crap when your best batsman is 21 and he's playing at 6.
Team has to change, faith must be shown in the youngsters.
Kick the seniors out like Younis, Farhat, Gul etc.

I agree with every word. Who selected the team? :angry:
Hurray! Another no ball. So painful to watch :sad:
Pakistan cricket team:

14824609.jpg

Latest