The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheProdigy2k9
AWais Zia. 18 off 12. Absolutely smoked Finn. Exactly what was needed

I don't know why I thought his first name was Tauqir lol. But he definitely seemed to be keen to attack - put Finn in his place. I didn't like Finn's celebration too much of the wicket, he's got the wicket that's the job done. Abit OTT for me.

See how Zia does in the next one.
AWais Zia. 18 off 12. Absolutely smoked Finn. Exactly what was needed

I don't think that proves anything. What we've seen, if it turns, England die a horrible and grisly death at the hands of Ajmal, Rehman, any spinner who can average 28 in test cricket. When it doesn't, England win and everyone goes home.
Original post by Raiden10
I don't think that proves anything. What we've seen, if it turns, England die a horrible and grisly death at the hands of Ajmal, Rehman, any spinner who can average 28 in test cricket. When it doesn't, England win and everyone goes home.

I'm sorry I have completely no idea on what you're talking about?
I'm sorry I have completely no idea on what you're talking about?

It was just another example of this pathetic obsession to bring everything back to "yeah but x is better overall". Ignore him. Absolutely nothing wrong in enjoying a game and talking about what is happening rather than fixating on statistics and records.
Reply 324
pakistan killing england batsmen!!!
What a start for pakistan! :biggrin:
Original post by nm786
pakistan killing england batsmen!!!
What a start for pakistan! :biggrin:

91/4 after 11.4 overs doesn't really count as 'killing'....
I've been smiling throughout this match, it's been a very high quality match.

Shahid Afridi is amongst the best bowlers in the business and the sheer audacity that this newcomer kid Bairstow has to just stand there and slam him straight for 6 is brilliant, I was really happy when he did it for some reason. If Awais Zia had done that to Graeme Swann, I'd go beserk. But Lala gets his own back by taking the set batsman.

Misbah's captaincy changes worked brilliantly, although bringing Malik in just now was so stupid.

Our fielding has also been a lot, lot better, so happy there.
Might just tune into Sky Sports and check out this game... :smile:
Is there anything that Saeed Ajmal can't do?
Original post by Straight up G
Is there anything that Saeed Ajmal can't do?

My favourite Pakistani cricketer by far. The guy is just awesome. But not in your face about it either. I like :thumbsup:

Pak looking good today.
Umar Gul and Saeed Ajmal with the addition of Shahid Afridi make Pakistan a great T20 unit and with youngsters coming through i think the world should be careful of them in the T20 world cup later this year.
Original post by ♥ ♥
My favourite Pakistani cricketer by far. The guy is just awesome. But not in your face about it either. I like :thumbsup:

Pak looking good today.

Amongst the best bowlers in the world, but so humble and a top guy. His interviews are the best, he can't speak English for **** but it's hilarious.

Well, we've been okay. Biggest positive is that Gul is back to his incredible best.
Original post by shyamshah
Umar Gul and Saeed Ajmal with the addition of Shahid Afridi make Pakistan a great T20 unit and with youngsters coming through i think the world should be careful of them in the T20 world cup later this year.

Plus, its in SL, so subcontinental conditions should have the English and possibly Aus and SA at a disadvantage automatically.
Original post by ♥ ♥
Plus, its in SL, so subcontinental conditions should have the English and possibly Aus and SA at a disadvantage automatically.

Yeah very true, hoping for a Pakistan vs India final again :smile: that would be amazing :smile:
Original post by Straight up G
Amongst the best bowlers in the world, but so humble and a top guy. His interviews are the best, he can't speak English for **** but it's hilarious.

Well, we've been okay. Biggest positive is that Gul is back to his incredible best.

Yeah, I noticed. Humble dudes are so much more admirable than immature little ***** who just go around showing attitude and sticking their fingers up at those they don't like, and generally being arrogant pricks :rolleyes:

Who cares about English, he's there to play cricket :yes:

Better than before = good :smile:
Original post by shyamshah
Yeah very true, hoping for a Pakistan vs India final again :smile: that would be amazing :smile:

Lol yeah, same.
I'm already excited about the upcoming India vs Pak game in the Asia Cup. First time India are playing Pak since the WC semi.

India, since 2007, have been **** in the T20 WC. Haven't qualified after the group stages in all 3 tournaments :facepalm2:
150 for England. Obviously would have wanted more, but could have been worse for them too. Good 50 from Bairstow, giving England a decent total.
Original post by ♥ ♥
Yeah, I noticed. Humble dudes are so much more admirable than immature little ***** who just go around showing attitude and sticking their fingers up at those they don't like, and generally being arrogant pricks :rolleyes:

Who cares about English, he's there to play cricket :yes:

Better than before = good :smile:

They most definitely are ahaha. Yeah, I don't care that he's not fluent in English, he's got enough for him to be able to play in England. Can't wait to see him for Worcestershire again.

Hmm. I'd put England as 65:35 favourites now. If Pakistan get through I think it will be due to individual brilliance. I think we chased 145 or higher against England on this ground two years ago, but only because Razzaq slammed 47 off 16 or something, we'll probably need a similar boost today. Whether it's Zia, Umar or Afridi I don't know.
Reply 338
Original post by Captain Crash
91/4 after 11.4 overs doesn't really count as 'killing'....

erm, you quoted 20 minutes later, at the time it was around 40/3, which is pretty much killing england.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 339
Umar Gul should stick to just playing T20, his performance is total opposite of how he plays in the ODIs lol

150 is a ''chase-able'' score, fingers crossed yeyeye

Latest