The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Straight up G
They most definitely are ahaha. Yeah, I don't care that he's not fluent in English, he's got enough for him to be able to play in England. Can't wait to see him for Worcestershire again.

Hmm. I'd put England as 65:35 favourites now. If Pakistan get through I think it will be due to individual brilliance. I think we chased 145 or higher against England on this ground two years ago, but only because Razzaq slammed 47 off 16 or something, we'll probably need a similar boost today. Whether it's Zia, Umar or Afridi I don't know.

Yeah, great to play in England. That's what the Indian bowlers need to do. Get out of India, and learn to bowl for actual bowling conditions.

The issue for Pak is, whether they can structure their innings or not. They don't really want to be any more than 2 down by the halfway stage. Ideally, they'd want to be about 60 or 70 odd runs for no loss by 10 overs really. But yeah, they don't need to give England any sort of momentum. Keep their wicket. No need for rash shots, chasing just over 7 an over.

More importantly, don't build up unnecessary pressure with dot balls. Try to rotate strike often, it'll frustrate the English fielders as well.
Reply 341
Original post by Straight up G
Amongst the best bowlers in the world, but so humble and a top guy. His interviews are the best, he can't speak English for **** but it's hilarious.

Well, we've been okay. Biggest positive is that Gul is back to his incredible best.

I love Ajmal's 'serious' look that he gives when something goes wrong he is 2 cutee
WTF is going on??
Reply 343
Original post by King-Panther
WTF is going on??

that's what i was thinking,,
umar akmal was going so well and now he's gone.
Original post by ♥ ♥
Yeah, great to play in England. That's what the Indian bowlers need to do. Get out of India, and learn to bowl for actual bowling conditions.

The issue for Pak is, whether they can structure their innings or not. They don't really want to be any more than 2 down by the halfway stage. Ideally, they'd want to be about 60 or 70 odd runs for no loss by 10 overs really. But yeah, they don't need to give England any sort of momentum. Keep their wicket. No need for rash shots, chasing just over 7 an over.

More importantly, don't build up unnecessary pressure with dot balls. Try to rotate strike often, it'll frustrate the English fielders as well.

Lol, you don't watch Pakistan much. If a Pakistan team in an ODI can survive ten overs without a wicket, its a minor miracle, absolutely zero chance in a T20.

Pakistani batsmen don't need pressure built up to play rash shots. After Umar hit that six, I told my dad that he's out next ball. Not joking you know.
Original post by 079
I love Ajmal's 'serious' look that he gives when something goes wrong he is 2 cutee

You're obsessed.
WTF is going on??

I reckon you still have a chance with Misbah and Boom-Boom on the crease its not a daunting total for their class! This will be a crucial partnership!
Reply 347
Again, top order batsmen have proved themselves to be useless,
When will we ever learn? :facepalm:
Reply 348
it was a good comeback in the end.

What the f**k finn, you gay boy, did anyone see him pushing ajmal to the ground?
... and he also came in front of umar akmal on purpose when he was running,
What's the point in doing this? Why not play fair?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by nm786

What the f**k finn, you gay boy, did anyone see him pushing ajmal to the ground?
What's the point in doing this? Why not play a fair match?

A postive for Pakistan is Azam definately.

Totally agree with you about steve finn. I dont like him either.
He also was disrespectful to Virat Kohli in India-England series!:angry:
Original post by nm786

He is a bit of an idiot, what did he do that is not fair?
Reply 351
He is a bit of an idiot, what did he do that is not fair?

well, didn't u see when he pushed ajmal to the floor and then he tried acting innocent by giving ajmal his bat.
and didn't you see he also intentionally came in front of umar akmal when he was running.

Why did i get a negative rep, what did i say that was wrong?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 352
Original post by razmazterz
A postive for Pakistan is Azam definately.

Totally agree with you about steve finn. I dont like him either.
He also was disrespectful to Virat Kohli in India-England series!:angry:

init, you don't see pakistani or any other bowlers doing this.
what he did really pissed me off :mad:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 353
Original post by nm786

And then he picked up the bat and handed it to him.. -_- cruel
Original post by nm786
init, you don't see pakistani or any other bowlers doing this.

He doesnt even say sorry to Ajmel just pick up his bat for him, at least bloody say SORRY!

Look at this picture,:biggrin: This is what suits him more, rather than pushing people:lol:Virat+Kohli+India+v+England+2nd+One+Day+International+lSPYj1i5tj_l.jpg
Reply 355
Original post by razmazterz
He doesnt even say sorry to Ajmel just pick up his bat for him, at least bloody say SORRY!

Look at this picture,:biggrin: This is what suits him more, rather than pushing people:lol:Virat+Kohli+India+v+England+2nd+One+Day+International+lSPYj1i5tj_l.jpg

init,
lol, yeah,
but, if finn does something stupid doesn't mean others should too, i feel really bad for ajmal. :frown:
Reply 356
Original post by 079
And then he picked up the bat and handed it to him.. -_- cruel

init, to try and act innocent, ajmal should have beat him up, lol.
But, that's just cruel. Pakistani bowlers would never do that.
If they ever do, then it would have been on the news everywhere. That's what takes the piss.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by nm786
init, to try and act innocent, ajmal should have beat him up, lol.
But, that's just cruel. Pakistani bowlers would never do that.
If they ever do, then it would have been on the news everywhere. That's what takes the piss.

So much for English gentlemen, its a good thing the other players aren't like him.
I've been slightly disappointed with Finn's exuberance on the field, sure he's trying to be strong and impressive but with the way he waved off Zia in the first T20 chucked in with a few strong verbals and the knocking of Ajmal down - not helped by Bumble making a joke of it rather than condemning that - is unnecessary. Nothing wrong with aggression but when it takes away from your bowling then that's something to be worried about.

Missed England's innings but Zia needs to get a grip. Guy won't last long with trying to hit every ball for a six, on the legside. If he gets abit of variety then he could be something decent. Hammad surprised me with his shots, guys like him - who have potential - maybe just need to be eased into the international game rather than chucked in asap.
Reply 359
Original post by Aky786UK
I've been slightly disappointed with Finn's exuberance on the field, sure he's trying to be strong and impressive but with the way he waved off Zia in the first T20 chucked in with a few strong verbals and the knocking of Ajmal down - not helped by Bumble making a joke of it rather than condemning that - is unnecessary. Nothing wrong with aggression but when it takes away from your bowling then that's something to be worried about.

Missed England's innings but Zia needs to get a grip. Guy won't last long with trying to hit every ball for a six, on the legside. If he gets abit of variety then he could be something decent. Hammad surprised me with his shots, guys like him - who have potential - maybe just need to be eased into the international game rather than chucked in asap.

i agree with what you said about zia and hammad.
excellent player hammad is, he should have come in before, then pakistan would have had a chance.

init, why the hell does finn act so bad when he gets a wicket, surely you can give a pose or cheer, but swearing? what's the point in that? i've never seen pakistani and other international players do this.
and did you see when he pushed ajmal? come on, that was just over the limit.
(edited 12 years ago)