The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Come on Australia beat those Sri Lankans :smile: Even though India dont really deserve to be in the final, im sure that if we make it to the final we will win it with Sachin scoring his 100 :smile:
Original post by ♥ ♥
Hope so. If India don't play well in 'home-ish' conditions, then there is a huuuge problem.

Although, in T20I in generally, India suck.

Yeah, after the first T20 World cup we have gone downhill, but as the next world cup is in the subcontinent we should be still one of the favourites even though we are not that great at T20 we are amazing in subcontinental conditions.
Original post by shyamshah

Yeah, after the first T20 World cup we have gone downhill, but as the next world cup is in the subcontinent we should be still one of the favourites even though we are not that great at T20 we are amazing in subcontinental conditions.

Yeah, true. One huge advantage for sure. India are pros at home, its just when they're abroad :facepalm:

Either way, we got lucky in the WC final then, 5 runs for Pak...really would have been a win for Pak. Guess that's destiny :teehee:
Come on Australia beat those Sri Lankans :smile: Even though India dont really deserve to be in the final, im sure that if we make it to the final we will win it with Sachin scoring his 100 :smile:

Trying to decide which bit was funnier
The two best teams are in the final, there can be no complaints from India.
Original post by Straight up G

Even I loled.

The two best teams are in the final, there can be no complaints from India.

Course not. They got some random half chance, would have been pretty crap for SL. Clearly played better cricket. No idea what's going on with Aus though. They just can't seem to play properly against SL. SL to win the CB series now :woo:
Original post by ♥ ♥
Course not. They got some random half chance, would have been pretty crap for SL. Clearly played better cricket. No idea what's going on with Aus though. They just can't seem to play properly against SL. SL to win the CB series now :woo:

Well, the bookmakers have Australia odds on to win. Today was a bit of a mini choke by Australia, but I still see a lack of depth in the SL line up. If their stars don't fire, especially in the bowling, then they're screwed.
Well, the bookmakers have Australia odds on to win. Today was a bit of a mini choke by Australia, but I still see a lack of depth in the SL line up. If their stars don't fire, especially in the bowling, then they're screwed.

Yes, 'cos they're at home etc.

Aus have performed oddly in most of their games vs SL though, as I mentioned earlier.

I want SL to win more than I believe they will win though :sadnod:
Original post by ♥ ♥
Yes, 'cos they're at home etc.

Aus have performed oddly in most of their games vs SL though, as I mentioned earlier.

I want SL to win more than I believe they will win though :sadnod:

Aha you can't just start hating every team that embarrasses India.
Aha you can't just start hating every team that embarrasses India.

Oi, keep your observations/inferences to yourself!

I want SL to win 'cos they're my favourite team after India and SA. Always has been. :biggrin:

I always hope that Sachin will get his 100 everytime he comes out to bat and had to say that haha
Who's going to watch the Asia cup? Pretty dissapointed with the India squad but i guess the selectors will never learn until the BCCI get rid of them
I always hope that Sachin will get his 100 everytime he comes out to bat and had to say that haha

Fair enough. When you look at what he's done for India, it's easy to see why he's idolised.

Who's going to watch the Asia cup? Pretty dissapointed with the India squad but i guess the selectors will never learn until the BCCI get rid of them

Why, who's in the squad that shouldn't be and who's been omitted?

I read somewhere that there will be new commite September onwards, hoping change of comitee results in change of forutunes for the Indian team. The next test ( I think) will be played October-November. So lets see if they axe out the seniors or still play with them. :hmmmm:
Original post by razmazterz
I read somewhere that there will be new commite September onwards, hoping change of comitee results in change of forutunes for the Indian team. The next test ( I think) will be played October-November. So lets see if they axe out the seniors or still play with them. :hmmmm:

Yeah, we got New Zealand in September-October i think and then England in November-December so yeah hopefully something will change, there needs to be a lot of change though including change of captain in Test matches. They will keep Sachin and probably Dravid and drop Laxman i guess, but we will see.
Fair enough. When you look at what he's done for India, it's easy to see why he's idolised.

Why, who's in the squad that shouldn't be and who's been omitted?

Well Sehwag has been 'rested' but probably dropped and really speaking he really should be playing, considering in subcontinental pitches he is very good.
Jadeja really should not be playing because he has had enough chances and has never been consistent. Overall the squad is alright, but they should have brought in Uthappa, and a few others who have done nothing wrong and are being ignored. Im happy Yusuf Pathan is back and hopefully he can deliver consistently and not just in one match, the bowling looks very thin especially the fast bowlers.
Well Sehwag has been 'rested' but probably dropped and really speaking he really should be playing, considering in subcontinental pitches he is very good.
Jadeja really should not be playing because he has had enough chances and has never been consistent. Overall the squad is alright, but they should have brought in Uthappa, and a few others who have done nothing wrong and are being ignored. Im happy Yusuf Pathan is back and hopefully he can deliver consistently and not just in one match, the bowling looks very thin especially the fast bowlers.

I reckon Jadeja will be handy in subcontinetal pitches:smile:. So I think it was a good desicion to keep Jadeja, he can spin the bowl and be a very handy number 7! Recenlty(in subcontinetal pitches) hes been very handy bowler and good bastmen which makes a good contender for the allrounder spot:smile:
I reckon Jadeja will be handy in subcontinetal pitches:smile:. So I think it was a good desicion to keep Jadeja, he can spin the bowl and be a very handy number 7! Recenlty(in subcontinetal pitches) hes been very handy bowler and good bastmen which makes a good contender for the allrounder spot:smile:
Yeah i agree with that, but he is a weak batsmen still, and we have now got Irfan Pathan who is a bowling allrounder so not sure if his place in the team is really needed and Ashwin can bat and bowl better than Jadeja probably.
Yeah i agree with that, but he is a weak batsmen still, and we have now got Irfan Pathan who is a bowling allrounder so not sure if his place in the team is really needed and Ashwin can bat and bowl better than Jadeja probably.

Irfan Pathan:hmmmm: hes been very handy in Australia because of the pace and bounce generated there but in subcontinetal conditions will be a big question to ask:confused:so thats why I would stick with Jadeja. You remeber when England played India in October in ODI's when Jadeja was perfoming consistently with bat and bowl. And how lethal were Jadeja-Ashwin duo against the english batsmen(regardless at that time england were a weak batting unit against spin).:smile:
Irfan Pathan:hmmmm: hes been very handy in Australia because of the pace and bounce generated there but in subcontinetal conditions will be a big question to ask:confused:so thats why I would stick with Jadeja. You remeber when England played India in October in ODI's when Jadeja was perfoming consistently with bat and bowl. And how lethal were Jadeja-Ashwin duo against the english batsmen(regardless at that time england were a weak batting unit against spin).:smile:
Yeah they were amazing against England and therefore i get your point, yeah we will see how Irfan has developed as a bowler since he was last in the team. Who do you think is the better number 7 Yusuf Pathan, Irfan Pathan or Jadeja? In Subcontinental pitches Jadeja probably is but around the world i would put Irfan Pathan definitely.

Latest