The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by King-Panther
Oh, must be someone else, well I suppose all Indians do look the same. :biggrin: :wink:

Yeah.

What do you mean by the bold bit? :eyebrow:
Original post by ♥ ♥
Yeah.

What do you mean by the bold bit? :eyebrow:

Joke...
Original post by Raiden10
Was I wrong?

Lovely innings by Cook really put the efforts of all the other batsmen to shame. Match winning innings all the way.

On another day, we'd have won. I also said England would win at the half way stage of the match btw, look in the thread.

I'd be happy chasing 250 because I thought England were capable of getting more, as they were.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Raiden10
Ajmal bowled well too, although ODI cricket is a different ball game - there is no real battle between batsmen and bowler because you only bowl a few overs (10 of 50) each.

Having said that the 2 new balls does make ODI cricket more like test cricket. Perfect for guys like Cook, an instinctively dogged and cautious player. Big totals are going to be harder to chase now.

I think the two new balls thing is total crap. Having a bowler who could reverse swing it in the last 10 overs was part of the thrill of watching Pakistan, and it's simply impossible now. Horrible regulation for me, I don't see how it improves the game.

Ajmal was good in that he restricted England from a total of 300 to a total of 260. I suppose it's a lot to ask of just one man, but I wish his magic had been done earlier.
Indeed but it also seemed as if you were trying to mock Pakistan.

Indian fan right?

Why do you start arguments with everyone on here bro, I don't understand. There was calling py0alb a racist in the Tests and generally arguing with English fans throughout the tests, you're starting on an Indian now, you were trying to bait English fans earlier as well.
Reply 45
Original post by Straight up G
I think the two new balls thing is total crap. Having a bowler who could reverse swing it in the last 10 overs was part of the thrill of watching Pakistan, and it's simply impossible now. Horrible regulation for me, I don't see how it improves the game.

Ajmal was good in that he restricted England from a total of 300 to a total of 260. I suppose it's a lot to ask of just one man, but I wish his magic had been done earlier.

whats your prediction for next time? I think the ODIs will end with a 2-2 draw or 3-1 to england

england deserved to win today, we just werent good enough
Joke...

Lol, looks like I have no sense of humour now :colondollar:
Original post by 079
whats your prediction for next time? I think the ODIs will end with a 2-2 draw or 3-1 to england

england deserved to win today, we just werent good enough

I won't be arrogant enough to make a prediction haha, but I'd say that 3-1 to Pakistan is still very possible. I still think Pakistan are the better side, but we got trounced today.

Yeah, even though two men stood out for them, the rest of the team were excellent in the field, and that was the difference... no-one but Ajmal stood out for us, and the team were awful in the field. England should have been restricted to less than 200, but a wasted review and a missed stumping cost us badly.
Reply 48
Umm, say what?

Our fielding was atrocious, the bowling was good but not incisive enough, the captaincy was too defensive and the batting was pretty damn poor. A few got out to good balls, but mainly, as was the case against Darren Sammy, they failed against balls which seamed inwards slightly. It's a massive technical deficiency that has to be addressed, this was often a failure of Inzamam's and Yousuf's, and still can be one of Younus's today ie, 3 of our 6 greatest batsmen ever.

i agree.

i think they just lost confidence too early (when the first two wickets were gone).
They should have been prepared to play in this situation.
Their fielding was poor(it's nearly always been poor). Wahab just gave too many runs away (abdur rahman should be in his place)and malik should definitely be replaced.
They should be mentally prepared to win the next match.
Reply 49
I won't be arrogant enough to make a prediction haha, but I'd say that 3-1 to Pakistan is still very possible. I still think Pakistan are the better side, but we got trounced today.

Yeah, even though two men stood out for them, the rest of the team were excellent in the field, and that was the difference... no-one but Ajmal stood out for us,

*cough* you forgot afridi

and the team were awful in the field. England should have been restricted to less than 200, but a wasted review and a missed stumping cost us badly.

it just wasn't our day today.
Original post by nm786
*cough* you forgot afridi

it just wasn't our day today.

He got those two wickets and stalled them, fair enough, but he didn't really kick on after that and was actually fairly expensive. He let Cook shift gears.

Yeah, just a bad day, it's been coming. We can't win everything and I guess that's why I'm not that upset/worried.
Why do you start arguments with everyone on here bro, I don't understand. There was calling py0alb a racist in the Tests and generally arguing with English fans throughout the tests, you're starting on an Indian now, you were trying to bait English fans earlier as well.

I'm not starting arguments, maybe a bit of debating. She seemed to be mocking Pakistan... I think you need to read the conversation...

py0alb seems to be a funny character to me.

I was not "bait"ing the English fans (don't know what that means).

Credit should be given where it is due.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by ♥ ♥
Lol, looks like I have no sense of humour now :colondollar:

The joke being, I've not seen either of your faces and the stereotype that people of the same ethnicity look the same... I thought you may have realised it was a joke.

No, thats fine.
I'm not starting arguments. She seemed to be mocking Pakistan... I think you need to read the conversation...

py0alb seems to be a funny character to me.

I was not "bait"ing the English fans (don't know what that means).

Credit should be given where it is due.

baiting

Ok, but I don't know how you got that impression. We both congratulated England and this was not something I saw from many English supporters when we won, obviously with honorable exceptions of course (captain crash).
The joke being, I've not seen either of your faces and the stereotype that people of the same ethnicity look the same... I thought you may have realised it was a joke.

No, thats fine.

My mistake.
Original post by ♥ ♥
Why has there been a new thread made, and no one actually on that thread? :dontknow:

This looks really clever now :tongue:

Your profile info is a joke right?

Lol, I know :L
Some punk beat me to it, I wanted to make the new thread :cry2:
Reply 59
meh ODI - pointless.

Cant come back from the Test Series - they should have played Finn instead of Morgan!

Latest